Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When they say assault it could literally have just been push and shove and a bit of yelling. Absolute stupidity, yes but would not constitute being stood down. Then Manly have a decision to make. Surely when we re signed him there was a good behaviour clause in his new contract... if not, then thats just more stupidity from Manly
He is a quality player when not injured but he obviously is brain dead!

Time to go back to the no dickhead policy.

Stuff up once and you get a second chance as long as it isn't serious.
After that see you later, the NRL should also step in and say never to play the game again with serial offenders. None of this club X sacks someone because of something stupid and he is signed elsewhere a week later, that is no deterrent.
Carney got kicked out for the bubbler which is minor but he was a serial offender.

If I was good enough to be a professional sportsman and my contract had no drinking or drugs allowed with random test it wouldn't enter my brain to have some with the sort of money being paid and I enjoy a beer on my days off.
Nearly all the trouble NRL players get into involves booze or drugs, I know players probably get baited by attention seekers heroes but don't put yourself in a situation and walk away.

actually what is the definition of common assault ,is that throwing a punch or push and shove or just mouthing off ?
I believe it is an assault that doesn't cause bodily harm... other people on here would know more but I'm sure it's the lowest end of assault so probably just push and shove or maybe a slap at worst. Either way it's stupid!!! Only carries a 2 years maximum so shouldn't be stood down by NRL. It will be up to Manly yo make the call on this one

IF true he should definitely be sacked. See attached photo from the boys out last night. Seems like the boys definitely had a few. Turbo looks like he's on the "Viliame kick ons"
It's early enough in the off season to sack him and still find a quality replacement, Could actually be beneficial.
Who is that next to Corey Waddell

I believe it is an assault that doesn't cause bodily harm... other people on here would know more but I'm sure it's the lowest end of assault so probably just push and shove or maybe a slap at worst. Either way it's stupid!!! Only carries a 2 years maximum so shouldn't be stood down by NRL. It will be up to Manly yo make the call on this one

Common assault definitely includes more than ‘maybe a slap at worst’. This POS who deliberately rammed one of my ambulance crews last weekend has only been charged with common assault - for punching a guy in the face. (No charge for the injuries he caused to the two paramedics apparently, and he got bail on Tuesday. Still got steam coming out of my ears about it.)

Let the dust settle and then we'll find out what happened.
(Or just call out the lynch mob, seems to be the way these days) :)
I agree, we need to see the facts first. It really is so disappointing to learn of this. If it is true, yet another troubled player putting himself first and ignoring what it means to the club. If he has done this I think it might well be time to cut him adrift.

We really need to look at the culture of the current team, too much indiscipline going on and we need guys who are committed to our cause.

Dylan has had several chances and he has flushed them all. If true there should be no hesistation to move him on. If not then I hope he sues them for defamation!

A common assault is any act by which a person intentionally or recklessly causes another to apprehend immediate and unlawful violence, or strikes, touches or applies force to another, without legal justification. It cannot be a mere omission.

There does not need to be an intention or power to use violence; it is enough for the other person to believe on reasonable grounds that there is an imminent danger of it.

Any injury caused must be no more than ‘transient or trifling’. If it is more serious, another assault charge will be more appropriate; such as assault occasioning actual bodily harm, reckless wounding or causing grievous bodily harm, or intentional wounding or causing grievous bodily harm.

Common assault definitely includes more than ‘maybe a slap at worst’. This POS who deliberately rammed one of my ambulance crews last weekend has only been charged with common assault - for punching a guy in the face. (No charge for the injuries he caused to the two paramedics apparently, and he got bail on Tuesday. Still got steam coming out of my ears about it.)

From what I understand if there is "bodily harm" the charge would be higher. Maybe this guys punch didn't leave any injury hence the charge???

From what I understand if there is "bodily harm" the charge would be higher. Maybe this guys punch didn't leave any injury hence the charge???

Yeah, that would be the case. My point is, there were two people injured in that incident I posted - one has multiple broken ribs, and the other has had (so far) two surgeries to repair a badly broken arm. Where are the charges for that?

Sorry, I know it’s a bit off-topic!

You have to actually leave permanent damage in order for GBH to stick.. often the charge will be put forth by the police but most often is thrown out by the ODBP due to the reason above coz most likely defendants will get off, that and gbh is a very serious charge with a sentence bottoming at 4 years and maxing at 25 years.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8