Dylan Walker - NSW Centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
... and if you lot think that after a couple of good games he is going to settle for a reduced contract you are dreaming .... useless dingbats like Josh Dugan are on $800k .....

Guess it depends on the market for him, I'm sure clubs will start sniffing around but not hugely in demand atm

I don' t support Violence against women, however who's to say that she didn't over react. So many men are falsely accused of crap each day in order to rort the system to the females their benefit. Before people cast judgements they need to either have the hard facts or look at both sides of the story.

Personally Im glad hes back

He has been available for 58 games out of 85 games so far

68.5% availability rate for young Dylan

Unless he divorces his mrs and stays away from the grog there could be more trouble to come

Seems like a toxic relationship

He’s playing too much Xbox and PlayStation :)

Last edited:
well if he's done the wrong thing, the police should charge him...

....oh, wait....
Simply doing the wrong thing is not something that gets determined by our legal system.
Dylan was found not guilty of criminal charges and I am happy to accept that. But that does not make behavior that leads to someone to being fearful enough to call the police acceptable.

I don' t support Violence against women, however who's to say that she didn't over react. So many men are falsely accused of crap each day in order to rort the system to the females their benefit. Before people cast judgements they need to either have the hard facts or look at both sides of the story.

Personally Im glad hes back
There have been hard facts (from the 000 call and police body cam) and then conflicting stories from those involved and this is what people have formed opinions on. Part of the problem is that Walker does not seem to acknowledge the severity of the indecent in the current climate (and epidemic of DV). If he wants to come out and explain the misunderstanding that took place then I'm more than happy to listen to him, even if this is a simple acknowledgment to the problem and stating that a misunderstanding took place without giving detail.

I believe he has served his punishment for now and I will support him as long as he remains in Manly colours. But his resigning will require some outstanding performances, zero off field drama and less time spent on the sidelines through suspension and injury. He simply isn't worth the price right now and that will be the view of every NRL club.

He didnt bash her he pulled her hair and she fell down. Thats not bashing a woman thats an idiot pulling her hair. Facts people
Seriously! Even if you are trolling this is unacceptable.
Please take a look here and book yourself into a course:
https://mensline.org.au/changingforgood/resource/find-a-mens-behaviour-change-program/
https://www.1800respect.org.au/healthy-relationships/

3 points @MuzztheEagle....

1. "fearful enough" is an assumption.... "angry enough" could also apply....
2. "conflicting stories" includes those from people who overheard the events only and those that saw the end result but not the actual incident...
3. the body cam footage and 000 call formed part of the case and did not result in a conviction...

...apart from that I'm with you.... but I should add that there can often be 2 people contributing to an 'unhealthy' relationship and, considering what his mrs has admitted saying to him prior to the incident, I doubt that she is your little-bo-peep type...

Simply doing the wrong thing is not something that gets determined by our legal system.
Dylan was found not guilty of criminal charges and I am happy to accept that. But that does not make behavior that leads to someone to being fearful enough to call the police acceptable.

There have been hard facts (from the 000 call and police body cam) and then conflicting stories from those involved and this is what people have formed opinions on. Part of the problem is that Walker does not seem to acknowledge the severity of the indecent in the current climate (and epidemic of DV). If he wants to come out and explain the misunderstanding that took place then I'm more than happy to listen to him, even if this is a simple acknowledgment to the problem and stating that a misunderstanding took place without giving detail.

I believe he has served his punishment for now and I will support him as long as he remains in Manly colours. But his resigning will require some outstanding performances, zero off field drama and less time spent on the sidelines through suspension and injury. He simply isn't worth the price right now and that will be the view of every NRL club.

Seriously! Even if you are trolling this is unacceptable.
Please take a look here and book yourself into a course:
https://mensline.org.au/changingforgood/resource/find-a-mens-behaviour-change-program/
So are you saying he bashed her? To me bashing is when you hit someone with your fists or kick them... she said he pulled her hair and she fell down.
So if i pull your hair muzz and you fall down have i bashed you?
Not trolling i think hes a flop for what he did especially with the child in her arms but a bashing it was not imho. Thats my opinion

3 points @MuzztheEagle....

1. "fearful enough" is an assumption.... "angry enough" could also apply....
2. "conflicting stories" includes those from people who overheard the events only and those that saw the end result but not the actual incident...
3. the body cam footage and 000 call formed part of the case and did not result in a conviction...

...apart from that I'm with you.... but I should add that there can often be 2 people contributing to an 'unhealthy' relationship and, considering what his mrs has admitted saying to him prior to the incident, I doubt that she is your little-bo-peep type...
Didn't she say to him the kids not his? What the heck? Theres obviously more to it then i asked him if he wanted a fork or whatever to him losing it and chasing her due to said fork. What a disgusting thing to say to a father honestly. Let's hope they can move forward together for there sake and the childs more importantly.

Frank do you think that pulling her hair is bashing her?

So are you saying he bashed her? To me bashing is when you hit someone with your fists or kick them... she said he pulled her hair and she fell down.
So if i pull your hair muzz and you fall down have i bashed you?
Not trolling i think hes a flop for what he did especially with the child in her arms but a bashing it was not imho. Thats my opinion
Your statement implies that there are levels of (physical) domestic violence that are acceptable. I think you have become fixated on a single word mentioned by Mrs D but if you want to get into technical definitions then yes it would (providing there was a violent intent behind his action):
Bashing noun: a physical attack on someone:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bashing
I understand what you are saying though and yes this word can imply something along the lines that someone was beaten relentlessly which did not happen in this instance. But to imply that domestic violence isn't "that" serious because no one was "seriously" hurt is a terrible thing to say.
*Note: I am not implying here that Dylan is guilty of DV and am instead responding to the context of an argument.

Your statement implies that there are levels of (physical) domestic violence that are acceptable. I think you have become fixated on a single word mentioned by Mrs D but if you want to get into technical definitions then yes it would (providing there was a violent intent behind his action):
Bashing noun: a physical attack on someone:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bashing
I understand what you are saying though and yes this word can imply something along the lines that someone was beaten relentlessly which did not happen in this instance. But to imply that domestic violence isn't "that" serious because no one was "seriously" hurt is a terrible thing to say.
*Note: I am not implying here that Dylan is guilty of DV and am instead responding to the context of an argument.
I only said i thought he didnt bash her of course domestic violence is bad. Any way im glad hes back hes a winner and if he can change for the better good on him. We will all be watching him closely... lets hope he doesnt get into another scrap with a wooden door ay.. ;)

Guess it depends on the market for him, I'm sure clubs will start sniffing around but not hugely in demand atm

My qualifyer was .. "if he has a few good games" ... if he does, then he is a world class centre and the issue will be trying to keep him ... he will get plenty of offers ..

This thinking we will be doing him a favour by offering him a cut-price contract is ludicrous ......

I think it's obvious Dylan & his missus can, at times, have a volatile relationship.

My personal opinion based on what I've heard & read about what happened is that Dylan has a temper & that he lost it on the occasion in question.

I also think his missus knows what buttons to push to get a reaction out of him.

Who knows what the true events were that led up to her running out the door with their child but I for one dont buy the whole "I asked him if he wanted a fork or spoon with his dinner" story, nor do I believe Dylan meant to grab her by the shoulder while saying "come back inside & talk to me" & accidentally grabbed her hair instead.

What I reckon happened is they were having a barney (possibly over him spending too much time playing video games & leaving her to look after the baby), things have escalated to insults, she's grabbed the kid & run out the door after dropping the "you're not the father" bombshell, he's followed her out to return serve & then grabbed her by the hair.

I don't think he wrenched her hard enough to bring her to the ground nor do I think that was his intention but I reckon she's made a big show of falling over with the baby in her arms & they've continued arguing.

The neighbors gave gotten involved & Dylan's told them where to go so he's automatically the bad guy in their eyes.

As I said, the above is purely speculation on my part but I do honestly think he has an anger problem & needs to learn how avoid taking the bait when his buttons are being pushed & also how to defuse himself when in situations where his fight-or-flight instinct is challenged.

On the footy field he can expel/channel that anger in a constructive manner, within the laws of the game, but off the field he needs to learn to wind his neck in a bit.

Was it just me or did anyone else notice that he played with some humility on Sunday? He still had a great game but it was good to see him let his footy do the talking.

Exactly! Violence against anyone weather Man or Woman is not on. But a man allegedly being accused of bashing a woman, his fiancé is disgraceful.

No one should ever support anyone that bashes women
I think you missed my point.

I said I hope nobody ever accuses you or anyone you love of violence against women. Accusations can be false.

F4DCED41-C8D4-479C-961B-990DAA036C82.png

Manly NRL star Dylan Walker opens up on domestic assault charges
News.com.au 22/05/2019 - Paul Johnson

A teary Dylan Walker has opened up about his trial on domestic violence charges as his partner maintained “he is such a good person”.

Manly NRL star Dylan Walker has opened up about the domestic violence charges he was hit with earlier this year after being found not guilty in court.

The charges saw him stood down from playing as part of the NRL’s controversial no-fault-stand-down policy; the same one that has St George Illawarra star Jack de Belin currently on the sidelines due to an aggravated sexual assault charge.

Walker, who returned to the field in Manly’s round ten win over the Cronulla Sharks revealed to the Nine Network the details of what he had been through, from the time he was charged over the alleged domestic violence incident with fiancee Alex Ivkovic in December 2018.

Full Story (& Video) continues here at link: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/m...s/news-story/3602aeb3a778cd01c5b96fcac8619bd7

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8