Dylan Walker injuries thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man

Dylan Walker expected to miss the first month of 2018 NRL season with various injuries

Michael Carayannis and Christian Nicolussi, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago

MANLY have been rocked by news that star centre Dylan Walker is set to miss at least the first month of the 2018 NRL season.

Walker needs to undergo a mini shoulder reconstruction and the 23-year-old is not due back on the field until April.

Walker was due to have surgery once Manly were bundled out of week one of the finals. But he was picked in the Prime Minister’s XIII game and the Sea Eagles allowed him to play in order to push his case for a Kangaroos recall.

Walker then suffered a badly broken leg last month in the PM’s game that was so severe he feared his career may be over.

The injury has left Walker needing crutches, meaning he has been unable to undergo shoulder surgery.

He also dislocated his ankle which left him in a moon boot, and, at the time of the injury the on-ground physio told him not to look at it because of the damage.

It is expected that Walker will be operated on early next month, before rehabilitation to try and have him back on the field as soon as possible.

Walker, Daly Cherry-Evans and Frank Winterstein played in every game for Manly this year.

Meanwhile, Manly are close to agreeing to a two-year extension with coach Trent Barrett. The Gold Coast had sounded out Barrett, who is contracted until the end of next season, as a potential replacement for Neil Henry.

Lyall Gorman could also be announced as the Eagles’ chief executive as early as next week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/b5aab5f4ac10ced84d8a7e6bfa0d235a

Dylan Walker expected to miss the first month of 2018 NRL season with various injuries
Michael Carayannis and Christian Nicolussi, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago

MANLY have been rocked by news that star centre Dylan Walker is set to miss at least the first month of the 2018 NRL season.

Walker needs to undergo a mini shoulder reconstruction and the 23-year-old is not due back on the field until April.

Walker was due to have surgery once Manly were bundled out of week one of the finals. But he was picked in the Prime Minister’s XIII game and the Sea Eagles allowed him to play in order to push his case for a Kangaroos recall.

Walker then suffered a badly broken leg last month in the PM’s game that was so severe he feared his career may be over.

The injury has left Walker needing crutches, meaning he has been unable to undergo shoulder surgery.

He also dislocated his ankle which left him in a moon boot, and, at the time of the injury the on-ground physio told him not to look at it because of the damage.

It is expected that Walker will be operated on early next month, before rehabilitation to try and have him back on the field as soon as possible.

Walker, Daly Cherry-Evans and Frank Winterstein played in every game for Manly this year.

Meanwhile, Manly are close to agreeing to a two-year extension with coach Trent Barrett. The Gold Coast had sounded out Barrett, who is contracted until the end of next season, as a potential replacement for Neil Henry.

Lyall Gorman could also be announced as the Eagles’ chief executive as early as next week.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/b5aab5f4ac10ced84d8a7e6bfa0d235a

The dreaded #nextweek gets a run again....

Guess the journos are just being smart arses now!

I guess the main thing is that Dylan can eventually make his return fully recovered and then eager and focused for another good season for the Sea Eagles . Maybe the Manly coaching staff will first look to Mr FIX IT Matt Wright as a first centre consideration . Doubt that Jono Wright will come into contention . Funa will probably be not quite ready and then it will most likely depend on how well Parker , Kelly and Tom Wright prepare and shape up for some serious consideration for any vacant centre position or positions, pre season 18 . Again the main priority should be to ensure that Dylan does return fighting fit and ready to go to ideally perform well again as he did in season 17.

T. Trbojevic
Taufua
Tom Wright
Kelly
Uate
Green
DCE

Barrett has made it quite clear that he sees Tom Wright in the Manly centres. I suspect he'll risk it if Tom W shines in the off season.

Walker will likely regress next year.

The staggered approach to multiple surgeries will increase muscular atrophy and prolong rehab timelines for each. Not to mention the mental toll - I hope the kid has a great support system that keeps him positive and motivated.

I expect a decline in power and agility next year, fingers crossed it's business as usual in 2019.

My thought is dylan may not be resigned by the club moving forward so its a great time for our youngsters to shine

Jusy my thought.

Unless trent looks at adjusting our game plan where centres get passed the ball its kind of silly wasting too much money on talent in that position where we just need dummy half runners and defenders

His abilities are very under utilised

Looks like we will be getting hoppa back lol. Hope he comes back the same

We will need to bring in some experience as a contingency. Lots of young guns with promise, but that's a low percentage play, especially with a 2nd year centre on the other side of the field.

Hoppa might be worth a go at the right price, I'd prefer we look at 1-2 vets on 1 year contracts.

My thought is dylan may not be resigned by the club moving forward so its a great time for our youngsters to shine

Jusy my thought.

Unless trent looks at adjusting our game plan where centres get passed the ball its kind of silly wasting too much money on talent in that position where we just need dummy half runners and defenders

His abilities are very under utilised

It was mentioned in an SMH article a few weeks ago that he was having his deal with us upgraded I think you’ll find mate.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8