Dummy half masterclass

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzraDwaEhLg

Worth a look just to see the Lyon/Robertson try again. However, have a look at the tries that follow it and Ballin's varying roes in each. He has the opposition guessing and each time exercises a different option.

He is a gun.

I'm warning you Mata, don't make me agree with you ! :D

Some good work from Monas as well you must admit. The flick pass, the try etc. We've gotsome talent in the team this year. If they all turn it on at the same time I can't see anyone beating us. The trouble is two or three only turn it on at a time.
Matty B for rookie of the year ! 8)

Inside pass to Whatmough.

Short sharp pass- direct feed - to the right side to get the momentume running for the Bell try.

Ball out in both hands, shuffle, sleight of hand pass to Monaghan - on to Robbo for try.

Goes himself - scores.

Always good to see the dummy half running at the defence with the ball out in front in both hands. He shows all the skills and know the right option.

:dance:

Why couldn't the powers that be see this two years ago ?

If some drunk morons on the hill knew that this would happen, what's wrong with the experts ?

Someone on LU has said Des will pull another strange selection with Ballin not playing. He then goes onto say in either grade!!!!

If true he would have to be injured as Des surely is not that dumb, I cant believe it would be true!!!

Ballin is very good but Monnas outshone him against canberra.

Monnas pass to orford who then kicked for Robbo to score was superb as was his pass from dummy half to set up stewarts try in the first half.

Monnas indivudual try was absolutely brilliant and reminded me of bozo at his best with the acceleration off the mark and jinking run between the defenders to score. It doesn't get any better than that try.

Ballin is very good but Monnas outshone him against canberra.

Monnas pass to orford who then kicked for Robbo to score was superb as was his pass from dummy half to set up stewarts try in the first half.

Monnas indivudual try was absolutely brilliant and reminded me of bozo at his best with the acceleration off the mark and jinking run between the defenders to score. It doesn't get any better than that try.
Whatever you are on - sell it. The nursing home at Allambie could use some of it for their dementia patients.

Comparing Monas acceleration in a try that my grandmother could have scored on a wheelchair with Bozo is like comparing a Manly Junior sailboat with the Titanic.

I assumed he was trying to wind up Mata.

have a very close look at his try on the film again and you will see what I mean.

It is a brilliant try and he completely fooled a number of defenders with a jink and a change of angle. It was really a very classy move by Monnas.

How many other tries are scored these days without a hand being laid on a try scorer? Not many.

There are other games with the chip kick and I recall a beautiful pass to choc I think in the first game which led to a try. It shows that he does have talent despite what some others say about him. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Noone denies he has talent. It is just that Orford is better and the question is how much we need to pay him with Burns, Orford and Ballin doing a great job in other positions.

[quote author=Garts]
I assumed he was trying to wind up Mata.

have a very close look at his try on the film again and you will see what I mean.

It is a brilliant try and he completely fooled a number of defenders with a jink and a change of angle. It was really a very classy move by Monnas.

How many other tries are scored these days without a hand being laid on a try scorer? Not many.

There are other games with the chip kick and I recall a beautiful pass to choc I think in the first game which led to a try. It shows that he does have talent despite what some others say about him. :wall: :wall: :wall:
[/quote]

You're either a great comedian or a retard.

Without a doubt Ballin made an impact last Sunday. He also had the advantage of coming on with only 30 or so minutes remaining and against a tiring Raiders forward pack. It was unseasonably warm (even hot) in Canberra last Sunday.

Ballin had a poor game against the Cowboys the previous week when he played the entire 80 minutes.

Clearly Ballin needs to be in the 17, that is without doubt, but in my view I would rather Burns start at 6, MM at 9 and Ballin to come off the bench after 30 or so minutes.

Lets not forget MM's performance last Sunday. Orford was awful, MM was the one providing direction to the team. I haven't seen the TV replays of the game but MM was able to take up the slack from Orfords (non) performance and also be the onfield leader last weekend.

It is not only Orford's form that is lagging at the moment but his on field leadership is also below par (or at least it seems that way from the safety of the spectator seats).

I don't disagree with the sentiment that Orford has been poor. I suspect that psycholigically his origin selection (or lack of) is a huge monkey on his back.

This nexus will only be broken by an Origin selection (a good thing IMHO as it may assist Orford in coming into his own) or the end of the Origin series which will allow Orford to concentrate on club football.

At the moment he strikes me as tormented.

Ballin would surely have to be one of the top few for rookie of the year for sure, however Israel from Melbounre will probably get it because he is at the end of a long backline and geetting plenty landed at his feet.

Both Monas and Ballin went well, why try to compare, without either we would have most likely lost.

I just hope Orford throws a banana onto Pittwater road 10 minutes before the game tonight

Fluffy, I was going to mention that.

If the Rookie of the year was picked honestly then Ballin would have the shortest odds.

But we all known who owns Melbourne and which player gets the most media wraps.

To be honest, Falou is a good player, he scores a lot of tries but he really doesn't do much else. Unless someone like Inglis or Cronk give him a ball 10m out with the line wide open he doesn't score.

Ballin is crafty and has play maker qualities. Not to mention he's constantly up with there with in the top tackles count.

yep, a few more things than just points scored should be looked at.

Ballin's Daly M points, his tries scored relative to other established hookers as well as the impact they have on the team.

Simple question:

Is Israel Falou in the top 10 wingers in the comp?

Why?, because Ballin is most definatly in the top 5 hookers, I would rate him 4th and closing the gap fast. The main difference being the leadership brought to the team compared with Buderus, farrah and smith.

I don't disagree with the sentiment that Orford has been poor. I suspect that psycholigically his origin selection (or lack of) is a huge monkey on his back.

This nexus will only be broken by an Origin selection (a good thing IMHO as it may assist Orford in coming into his own) or the end of the Origin series which will allow Orford to concentrate on club football.

At the moment he strikes me as tormented.

Not that I think it will happen, but can you imagine his torment if Monas was selected ahaead of him for Origin 1

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4