Dumbass draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be fair the nrl does try to accomodate a lot of other things. Its channel 9 that makes it look worse. Each club has a certain amount of choices on who they play at home to increase gates.obviously the split draw. Then youhave heritage rounds where certain teams are pitted against eachother based on history. Certain clubs apply for byes at certain times for rep footy.not sure if or how the arrive at who plays eachother twice though but i. believe the clubs have some requests on that as well. Then its finalised and channel nine get here greedy mits on it and what was once not a bad schedule gets manipulated for the ratings and any potential clashes of interest with other commitments they have

It wouldn't be that hard to have each team play each other once in the first 15 rounds, then the repeat games at the end of the season.

Ultimately, it needs to be a dual conference system with 20 or 22 teams.

I think 9 extra rounds on battered bodies would be extremely hard :cool:

There is a pseudo Conference system now.

The draw usually has the previous year's Top 4 play each other twice in the following year, almost like a handicap.

If teams can't play each other twice, IMO the next fairest option is teams play each other only once, with the venue alternating each year. This makes for a short 15 round season, but would allow stand alone rep weekends. To fill the season out, I'd like to see a pre-season comp similar to the AFL's NAB Cup. Say, four pools where teams play each other once, then top two from each group progress to QF, then SF, then Final.

So 6 week pre-season comp, 4 stand alone rep weekends, 15 round premiership = 25 weeks of footy + finals, 2 less then what we have currently (26 rounds + 1 stand alone weekend)

Is anyone thinking of the children when the draw is made?

Jono said:
It wouldn't be that hard to have each team play each other once in the first 15 rounds, then the repeat games at the end of the season.

Ultimately, it needs to be a dual conference system with 20 or 22 teams.

I was of the same opinion, and then realised that 5 or 6 of those games would be directly impacted on by SOO. Which gives an unfair advantage against those teams most impacted by origin.

Although far from ideal, I would have the draw where you play the first 9 rounds - then, play those same teams over the origin period again. Then play the rest of the teams you haven't played. That way, in theory at least, you play every team once at full strength (barring injuries of course).

Anything though has to be better than a stupid draw that sees Penrith having had 4 double ups already in their first 12 games. Or us playing the Dogs twice in the space of a month.

eaglebuzz said:
RiverEagle said:
Does anyone know exactly how the draw is done?

Computerized or handpicked, as it were?

Because it really has thrown up some anomalies and disparity, and we're only halfway through!

You'll never get anywhere near a ''fair'' draw (unless teams played each other twice again).
And that can't happen now.

All we can do is get to top 4, preferably top 2 for the finals, and it's a new competition for the final 8.

I'll still stick by my tip of Us v Dogs GF Day...for what my tip is worth.

The 'Riff are firming as the dark horse though

If you look at Penrith's draw it has been incredibly soft thus far. I think they're definitely top 4 quality but they're only on top right now because they've played a lot of the easy beat sides twice.

They bring Kevin Kingston back in, and that'll be the end for them. I have watched, and wondered why James Segeyaro hasn't been a permanent fixture at Penrith for a while now. I would love to see him in SOO.

wombatgc said:
eaglebuzz said:
RiverEagle said:

Because it really has thrown up some anomalies and disparity, and we're only halfway through!

You'll never get anywhere near a ''fair'' draw (unless teams played each other twice again).

All we can do is get to top 4, preferably top 2 for the finals, and it's a new competition for the final 8.

If you look at Penrith's draw it has been incredibly soft thus far. I think they're definitely top 4 quality but they're only on top right now because they've played a lot of the easy beat sides twice.

They bring Kevin Kingston back in, and that'll be the end for them. I have watched, and wondered why James Segeyaro hasn't been a permanent fixture at Penrith for a while now. I would love to see him in SOO.

I don't think segeyaro is good for 40 tackles a game, good attacker though.

Shoe1 said:
wombatgc said:
eaglebuzz said:
RiverEagle said:

I don't think segeyaro is good for 40 tackles a game, good attacker though.
Fair call. Rein tested him tonight.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4