Dufty ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Out of left field, but with Illawarra signing the slimey Eel who will likely play fullbak with Widdop keeping 5/8....the speedy youngster is too good for reserve grade and may not be super expensive....no doubt an exciting player who can create something from nothing.

giphy.gif

Out of left field, but with Illawarra signing the slimey Eel who will likely play fullbak with Widdop keeping 5/8....the speedy youngster is too good for reserve grade and may not be super expensive....no doubt an exciting player who can create something from nothing.
Where would be play for us though? In reserve grade?

I'd get him. He has a lot of X-factor about him.

01. Matt Dufty
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

and I'd be happy.

Albert has to wait till 2nd half of season due to his age. You need another #5

Dufty certainly has some x-factor about him and God knows with our current backline stocks I think we could do worse. I'd have no problem with him getting a wing spot. He'd certainly get us on our feet when he has a bit of space because he's a dead set rocket and I always remember players that gave us a touch up and in some games we simply couldnt handle him. Just his size concerns me with doing the tough hitups on early carries and even though he's played fullback he's pretty short so dont know how he'd cope with the bigger wingers under high balls either. Hmmm maybe its a no from me in hindsight.. Having speed and little else mightn't be enuff these days which is a shame because he's fun to watch. :p

01. Matt Dufty
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

and I'd be happy.

We could try Brendan Elliot on Hoppas wing until his b’day and then assess whether hoppa deserves his debut depending on Elliot’s form at the time..
I like turbo at the back but his rep duties at centre and wing have proven he can still be damging anywhere in the backline. Dufty would benefit under Des and Dons guidance.. would be a nice option for the right price

Dufty would give us something we lacked in 2018: speed. Sure, he's suspect in defence, but I'm old-school and believe backs are where you score points. As long as a back scores more than he concedes then he is worthy of his place.
As an example I give you Australia's best ever winger, Ken Irvine.

Prefer his mate Aitken. But yeh in theory Dufty would be a good signing. We need backs.
Agree mate - my prefernces would be Aitken or young Brimson from Titans, just with all the salary cap issues, leaned towards the Dufty & Jennings options who I still feel would add pl

01. Matt Dufty
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

and I'd be happy.

That's only half a YART. I'm still not taking this seriously.

• 😆
Reactions: R3

He tore us a new one down in the Gong. I wouldn’t mind him and Euen Aitken.

Some of the moves and attacking raids he did reminded me of an exact replica of Brett Stewert, the way he stood someone up and then just burnt them for speed or pulled off a winning try out of nothing!

Last edited:
Amazing speed..
So this makes me wonder who could make it in the top ten NRL speedsters in 2019?

Nominations off the top of my head;
Matt Dufty
Ben Barba
Gideon Gela Mosby
Josh Ado Carr
Jahrome Hughes
Kalyn Ponga
Shaun Johnson
RTS
David Nofoaluma
Bevan French
Alex Johnson