DT.. Friendly fire article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
At 1am this morning the Tele Crap had an article headlined
Friendly fire will cost him his job...
And a pic of Garrick and Harper with a big "V" between the pic..

The article was behind a paywall so i didn't bother and thought i would go in today to have a read.. but it's been taken down
Anyone know anything about this?

Probably a fake news story or a reporter jumping the gun without doing their fact finding (as usual)

For the perpetually offended and paranoid,I’d suggest the story was about a fight between the two.For the level headed folk,I’d say it’s about two mates competing for the one position.

For the perpetually offended and paranoid,I’d suggest the story was about a fight between the two.For the level headed folk,I’d say it’s about two mates competing for the one position.
This is great to hear

THis is exactly what we need in 2023

Our players fighting for their spots in the team !!!

Totally what i thought...and hardly news..it's pre season and players should be getting stuck in.. if they are at all serious there will be times when tempers flair but they will also have a laugh when training is finished...move on..next

The legendary Manly Jersey is worth Fighting for

And Competition is healthy

I say let them all go at each other !!!

SEA EAGLES

Positional battle:
Centre

Analysis: Reuben Garrick knocked back a deal to play fullback at Newcastle to take up a new four-year extension with the Sea Eagles, and the promise to play a new position. And if Tom Trbojevic is fit to start the season then Garrick will partner Tolu Koula in the centres. Where that leaves Brad Parker and Morgan Harper is up in the air. But it also opens the door for powerful youngster Christian Tuipulotu to claim Garrick’s vacant wing spot.

Best 17

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Christian Tuipulotu

3. Tolu Koula

4. Reuben Garrick

5. Jason Saab

6. Josh Schuster

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Josh Aloiai

9. Lachlan Croker

10. Taniela Paseka

11. Haumole Olakau’atu

12. Kelma Tuilagi

13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton

15. Toafofoa Sipley

16. Sean Keppie

17. Cooper Johns

Will Reuben Garrick’s move to centre cost Morgan Harper?

SEA EAGLES

Positional battle:
Centre

Analysis: Reuben Garrick knocked back a deal to play fullback at Newcastle to take up a new four-year extension with the Sea Eagles, and the promise to play a new position. And if Tom Trbojevic is fit to start the season then Garrick will partner Tolu Koula in the centres. Where that leaves Brad Parker and Morgan Harper is up in the air. But it also opens the door for powerful youngster Christian Tuipulotu to claim Garrick’s vacant wing spot.

Best 17

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Christian Tuipulotu

3. Tolu Koula

4. Reuben Garrick

5. Jason Saab

6. Josh Schuster

7. Daly Cherry-Evans

8. Josh Aloiai

9. Lachlan Croker

10. Taniela Paseka

11. Haumole Olakau’atu

12. Kelma Tuilagi

13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton

15. Toafofoa Sipley

16. Sean Keppie

17. Cooper Johns

The fact the story has Cooper Johns in the 17,would suggest the story has no credibility at all

One thing's for sure, a side only has 2 centres and we have Garrick Koula Harper and Parker...
I've no problem with Garrick being given a shot at centre, he's been here 4 years and done pretty much everything asked of him so far. If he can't hack it we have competent replacements at least.

One thing's for sure, a side only has 2 centres and we have Garrick Koula Harper and Parker...
I've no problem with Garrick being given a shot at centre, he's been here 4 years and done pretty much everything asked of him so far. If he can't hack it we have competent replacements at least.
I'm not sold on Tuipolotu so at worst Garrick could slip back to wing and open up a spot.

Harper sheesh give me strength - ahh for the days of matai and Lyon or Bell and Matai..... how far we have fallen out wide.

Whilst good players - Harper and Parker lack real pace and couldn’t be selected before Koula or Garrick in my opinion. But we need depth and that’s where I see them in 2023.

Reuben will have to brush up on his tackling technique if he wants to make a successful transition to centre . Some advantages having a generally good broken field runner and finisher in Garrick there but a few disadvantages as well . Sabb on one wing when he fully recovers but then may loose a bit if say Tippy Toes was on the other wing , even if he can pick up his game again . Garrick on the wing , fairly highly rated over recent seasons , his best position and again probably on balance , for the team "s sake as well .

Yes they are fighting. Fighting to just make the team in 23.

I mean Harper's hardly fighting anyone specifically at the moment. He's not even going to be in a position to take the field until May.

As for Saab having a wing spot. Well May be, but come May when he's possibly back someone else might be doing plenty right too, and can't be moved.

As for Garrick. Last time I looked our so called No1 Tommy's Turbos is out injured again and needing to do a Mercy Run to the US to try and save his career. Saying Garrick won't play fullback in 23 seems a little premature right at the moment.

Truth is. Injuries Suck. And we have plenty of places where all our great outside backs can play. (When fit!!!!)

Yes they are fighting. Fighting to just make the team in 23.

I mean Harper's hardly fighting anyone specifically at the moment. He's not even going to be in a position to take the field until May.

As for Saab having a wing spot. Well May be, but come May when he's possibly back someone else might be doing plenty right too, and can't be moved.

As for Garrick. Last time I looked our so called No1 Tommy's Turbos is out injured again and needing to do a Mercy Run to the US to try and save his career. Saying Garrick won't play fullback in 23 seems a little premature right at the moment.

Truth is. Injuries Suck. And we have plenty of places where all our great outside backs can play. (When fit!!!!)
Is Harper injured?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4