Drugs, now racism

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A member of an oppressed racial minority can't be racist? Why not? How would you describe this story?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ive-attack-court-met-0211-20170210-story.html

Were the attackers what you would describe as being members of an overall oppressed racial minority? What was there motive for this attack?
Ummm,
Anyone can be racist, no matter their colour, religion or level of oppression.

Massive storm in a teacup issue overall, but your comment is just plain incorrect.
Well, incorrect according to such luminaries as Kellyanne Conway and Steve Bannon, but I don't agree with them.
Maybe you think Pemulwuy was racist for attacking whites?

Thaiday is an idiot and his try hard funny man routine has only started in the final years as a player because he is trying to cement a job in the media when he finishes playing. He will end up on that useless excuse for a Rugby League show the Footy Show where his calibre of **** comedy will be acclaimed by the TV week Logie voting morons. Can't stand him!

Well, incorrect according to such luminaries as Kellyanne Conway and Steve Bannon, but I don't agree with them.
Maybe you think Pemulwuy was racist for attacking whites?

No, I don't consider Pemulwuy's actions to be based on race. Why would I? Didn't he wish to keep on friendly terms with the colony's governors? I'm pretty sure he wasn't even declared an outlaw until more than a decade after his first attack.

That is as silly as asking me if I believe the Cullin-la-ringo massacre was based on race. I don't agree with Pemulwuy's methods, or those involved in the Wills massacre. Not the ones that performed the massacre or the whites that took revenge to extreme levels.

Are you saying that the Chicago attackers had some sort of right to act as they chose?

You see, this is the problem with people being quick to point their finger and cry racist, or reverse racist for that matter. Leftists like to define racism as racial discrimination against an oppressed group or minority. In actuality, by defining the term like this, you’re only trying to protect minorities from the negative connotation of the word and bring attention to the fact that the dynamics of oppression are something relevant when talking about racism.

Isn’t that a bit overprotective of minorities? After all, as much as the Chicago attackers may have comprehensible grievances against whites, their actions were still tribal, irrational, immoral and unjustifiable. By adopting such a restrictive definition of racism, we make it seem like race-based tribalism coming from minorities is not an issue, and this is not true. It may be a lesser issue but it’s still an issue and we shouldn’t play it down.

Lol, I gave you an agree but I just took it back because I'd misread this bit. A member of an oppressed racial minority can be a lot of things but they can't be racist. Whites though are the socially economically and politically dominant race and for that reason I wouldn't defend a white player making a racist joke.
I wasn't even going to bother to comment on this issue but you'd be so disappointed that I withdrew my 'agree' I thought I had to explain why, sorry @Ned! @:D

I know that's what they are teaching in universities these days, the problem with that definition of racism is if you took a KKK klan member and moved him to Sudan where christians are an oppressed minority he's no longer racist???

I don't think you totally got what I was saying either, I wouldn't stick up for a white guy making a racist joke, if I thought they were being racist. I think the intent behind it is important, and in this instance Thaiday was just having a laugh and made an off the cuff remark during a post game interview so I don't feel the need to take offense or have him apologise. If I thought he actually was being racist I would feel differently. Anyone can be racist, even minorities, but I think the intent behind it is what matters.

Last edited:
If you have ever met Sam, you will know he is quite a funny bloke. He laughs all the time. He has a huge heart and would do anything for anybody. He is as colour blind as anyone I have ever met.

The trick in judging people is to forget your preconceived notions of them, and not to let other peoples (or medias) former opinions/slander of them guide your decision.

I think it's fine to speak in jest. There was no malice in his comments. He loves his wife and her family as much as his own. His kids are a constant in his household and would be well aware of their parents love for each other and their love of family, friends and life in general.

This has been blown way out of proportion, just like Wally Lewis's comment was a couple of weeks ago.

I don't care for his comments and if he wants to degrade women either indigenous or not that is his own stupid call. Racist or not it was inappropriate and just dumb. Channel 9 are just as much to blame for airing it. Just another attempt by him to be funny that has fallen way short of the mark.

But honestly, league players are robotic and boring enough as it is, rolling out cliched line after cliched line in media interviews. We have a player, while not that funny, is refreshingly dry and playful, he is making an effort to be different from the standard boring league player. And he gets called out for something as trivial as that. People need to be less sensitive. Stop being so offended and lighten up. O sorry, i just used the word lighten. I wasnt making a reference to light coloured skin. O no, am i a rasicst now? Im sorry!

But honestly, league players are robotic and boring enough as it is, rolling out cliched line after cliched line in media interviews. We have a player, while not that funny, is refreshingly dry and playful, he is making an effort to be different from the standard boring league player. And he gets called out for something as trivial as that. People need to be less sensitive. Stop being so offended and lighten up. O sorry, i just used the word lighten. I wasnt making a reference to light coloured skin. O no, am i a rasicst now? Im sorry!

Latrell Mitchell's mum called me and my sister racist a few years ago, for calling him 'Latrine' and mimicking her yelling out 'bloody hell, Latrell!' every time he dropped the ball. I'm not racist, I don't care what colour you are - if your parents are dumb enough to give you a name that sounds like a word for 'toilet', you're fair game.

You're a Lord right?

Latrell Mitchell's mum called me and my sister racist a few years ago, for calling him 'Latrine' and mimicking her yelling out 'bloody hell, Latrell!' every time he dropped the ball. I'm not racist, I don't care what colour you are - if your parents are dumb enough to give you a name that sounds like a word for 'toilet', you're fair game.
Classic. Yep latrine it is. Toilets and nicknames are non race specific

Now the Sharks under 20 has been charged for possession over the weekend- what is going on there in the shire NRL, under 20 players, Board members getting white line fever. Who is next one of the coaches??

Drugs, now racism, next up:
giphy.gif

So Sam prefers white women. What is racist about that? Just a sexual preference.
This reminds me of that trans guy calling Males transphobes cos they wouldn't f**k him.
Worlds gone to s**t

A bit like this forum a lot of the time. Have you seen what happens when someone posts a pun within a topic? Cheesy, lame, cringe worthy attempts at humor follow @:rolleyes:. You then have to trawl through 2, 3 pages of awfully bad puns that eveyone thinks is awesome. Fkin shoot me.
Yep, with you on that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8