Dropping Players Who Leave?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It would be stupid not to play him. If Manly has a chance to win another Premiership, I would make him bust his arse for the team & if he isn't playing well I would make him bust his arse in the State Cup team.
Is Manly stupid to keep him in cotton wool on the sidelines so he can be rested, fresh, hungry & ready to play for the Bulldogs in 2013?
We want him all busted up & burnt out, having spilled blood for Manly before he goes.

I think a better idea would be to spike his drinks with steroids during the last match this year and hope he then gets a two year ban which he can serve at the bulldogs :p

bones said:
I think a better idea would be to spike his drinks with steroids during the last match this year and hope he then gets a two year ban which he can serve at the bulldogs :p
lol your an evil man bones

maybe we spent 500k on the wrong half? Could have had foran at 5/8 and riccardi at half. Now we have 2 halfbacks.

Volley said:
Daniel said:
He is a great winger and goal kicker who can play fullback too. More than worth having in your pack. He can also play 5/8 but not that well

It appears Luke's a quality hacker.

Haha, sign Luke Burt. Good one.

If you're no chance to make the 8 or get the spoon, I'd be all for it. Until that time, no way.

You would get him for minimum wage and he would fill holes. Direct replacement for robbo plus he is an 80+% kicker. Worth minimum wage imo

DSM5 said:
Luke Burt is an average Slime player. He's old, stupid and a plodder.

That maybe so but he always seems to pull something out of his hat to beat us a lot of the time.

Daniel said:
He is a great winger and goal kicker who can play fullback too. More than worth having in your pack. He can also play 5/8 but not that well

Burt is like Hindy now. Well past his best.

So you don't think he is worth minimum wage to slot into our outside backs? I do, would be one of our better wingers for sure if we picked him up for peanuts and he is a better kicker than Lyon

Well, for one I doubt he'd play for min. wage.

Secondly, he's well past it. He can't make the Parra side, and there's a reason for that. At full strength he doesn't make our top 17. If you could snap him up for min. wage, it's definitely not the worst suggestion I've ever heard.

Volley said:
Well, for one I doubt he'd play for min. wage.

Secondly, he's well past it. He can't make the Parra side, and there's a reason for that. At full strength he doesn't make our top 17. If you could snap him up for min. wage, it's definitely not the worst suggestion I've ever heard.

Yeah that reason is their crap coach

Berkeley_Eagle said:
bones said:
lol your an evil man bones

bahaha BE.. I have never met you or Bones but I was thinking those EXACT same words. Then I scrolled down and read your post...

Plenty of people agree that the decision to drop Burt has been horrible one. He is certainly not past it at all. Given his choice is reserve grade I reckon you would easily get him for next to nothing.

The reason he has been dropped is nothing to do with form and all for Kearney going for a different style of winger

Im with Dan on this one. Burt would be a wonderful 1 year utility/depth player. If we lose profile players from our backline such as snake and shoulders then he would be a godsend.

Point is moot though.

That would make any long time slime fan choke on their metho and orange juice. Not a bad idea. He could fill a back role anywhere and very comfortably.

Daniel said:
Plenty of people agree that the decision to drop Burt has been horrible one. He is certainly not past it at all. Given his choice is reserve grade I reckon you would easily get him for next to nothing.

The reason he has been dropped is nothing to do with form and all for Kearney going for a different style of winger

Signing Burt is exactly the type of signing Parramatta would make. IMO the club would be better off having faith in its juniors, even if Burt might help you win a game or 2 more in the short run, the benefit of having a culture that gives young fellahs a go means they are less likely to move. Eels supporters always get upset about the amount of juniors they have playing at other clubs, they claim they are pinched, but really most leave because they see their pathway to first grade blocked. If I was a CEO in charge of a club with a big junior base it would take a very special player for me to go after, because backing your juniors sets up a culture of long term success. I think us going after Burt would be a similar mistake.

The only issue really is whether Foran wants to play for Tooves this year.
The reports are that the Manly offer is the same in financial terms as the Dogs, but that Foran wants to be coached by Hasler.

Sounds like he is not a happy camper under Tooves - who is still establishing himself as a Coach. IMO will leave Des for dead in comming years.:angel:

Foran was given a chance to learn at NRL level, would be good if he supported Tooves in his apprenticeship year:exclamation:

Can't wait for Friday night :D

Not sure i really agree with dropping players but it does seem reasonable to trial new players in that position. For instance, if Foran were to leave, then i wouldn't have any problem if Riccardi was given a shot at the end of the year. I'd prefer that then a new wet behind the ears 5/8th at the start of next season.

The answer to the original question is NO.

Did we drop Ronny Gibbs in 1987 when he defected to the Gold Coast???

Did we win a Grand Final in 1987 with Rambo in the team???

You play your very best team REGARDLESS!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6