Drinking water kills woman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
A woman has died of water intoxication after taking part in a radio station's water-drinking contest.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" competition, trying to win a Nintendo Wii game system.

Sacramento Assistant County Coroner Ed Smith said yesterday a preliminary investigation had found evidence "consistent with a water intoxication death".

Strange's mother found her daughter's body on Saturday at her home in the Sacramento suburb of Rancho Cordova, after Strange had called her work supervisor to say she was heading home in terrible pain.

"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," said Laura Rios, one of Strange's co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento.

"She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."

Earlier on Saturday, Strange took part in a contest at radio station KDND 107.9, in which participants competed to see how much water they could drink without going to the toilet.

Initially, contestants were handed 220ml bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes.

"They told us, 'if you don't feel like you can do this, don't put your health at risk'," said a fellow contestant.

"I was talking to her and she was a nice lady. She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for the kids."

Water intoxication occurs when the body takes in more water than it can get rid of, causing a dilution of crucial electrolytes.

You know what. I reckon there would have been an easy way to win that comp and take in more water hey...hey ... hey doug?

Hmmm... I don't know, I think the title is a little wrong. Was it the drinking of the water or the fact that she wasn't getting rid of it that killed her?

I'd say the latter.

I mean... if I take a deep breath then hold it in until I die (I know, not possible, but you get the idea...) did I die because I inhaled or because I didn't exhale?

narc its actually the drinking of water - it dilutes the blood of nutrients and electrolites. In my other job we get told this all the time, its epsecially bad for someone who is dehydrated to drink just water and yes death is a factor.

The not going to the toilet may have increased this but being many hours later when she died it wouldnt have made a difference i dont think.

As for your breathing thing, hyper ventilating would be a closer example but neither are close.

Fluffy, that all sounds fair but in my defence, if Dan can get away with crappy analogies every once in a while, I think it's only fair that I can :)

me too, your analogies are crappy

i have a target audience, i speak at their level. you are my key demographic

[quote author=Narcissus]
if Dan can get away with crappy analogies every once in a while, I think it's only fair that I can :)

Can we get away with crappy analogies here..................phew,, i feel better already !

[/quote]

You wrote the book !!!! Half baked comes to mind....

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=Narcissus]
if Dan can get away with crappy analogies every once in a while, I think it's only fair that I can :)

Can we get away with crappy analogies here..................phew,, i feel better already !

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did I? Gosh i cant wait till the royalties pour in ;)

But heres an analogy....................When one of Ryans posts is made fun of he throws a tantrum like a kid who has had his kit kat taken from him. :lol2:

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Narcissus]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But heres an analogy....................When one of Ryans posts is made fun of he throws a tantrum like a kid who has had his kit kat taken from him. :lol2:

[/quote]

thats not an analogy, thats a straight out example ;)

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Narcissus]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whatever tickles your fancy dick weed....LoL

you have a bad case of the lame and bordeline gay syndrome!

[quote author=Daniel]
you have a bad case of the lame and bordeline gay syndrome!

Lame - yeah, but he's WAY past borderline Dan.... :lol: ;)
[/quote]

Sounds like you 2 have a cross between having your nose bent out of shape and your knickers in a knot. If you can undo your twisted knickers with your hooked nose you could be flexible enough to get new jobs at the circus :p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2