Game Day: Dragons v Manly [Round 6, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it Calvin? I had never realised before that the kid was Calvin. They do look similar now that you have mentioned the connection to Bill Watterson (and yes, I had to Google him to see who he was).

Your reward is to read all of the Calvin and Hobbes comic books after tonight's game!

You're welcome.

Also (back on track): It'll be interesting to see how we go without afb. He's been in great form.
I did not think at the start of the year that Sipley was going to be the 'best of the rest'. I thought tangles and tent we're bigger and going to be front runners.

Sometimes... not the size of the dog...

Go Manly!

Your reward is to read all of the Calvin and Hobbes comic books after tonight's game!

You're welcome.

Also (back on track): It'll be interesting to see how we go without afb. He's been in great form.
I did not think at the start of the year that Sipley was going to be the 'best of the rest'. I thought tangles and tent we're bigger and going to be front runners.

Sometimes... not the size of the dog...

Go Manly!
I love Calvin and Hobbes. Best thing my ex every introduced me to!

A little off topic perhaps, but I want to watch this game but I can’t go to a pub and I don’t want to give Murdoch any money. Any tips?

GO MANLY !!!

ManlyVsSaints.jpg

52f9a3c1-62b2-4e46-aca8-ab7192fe2819-original.jpg

Did I miss the announcement that we signed Todd Carney?

Tanginoa and Croker playing NSW Cup so they will drop off list.
Yep:

Late Mail | Canterbury Cup

seaeagles.com.au
Sat 20 Apr 2019, 04:43 PM

Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles Coach Steven Hales has finalised his team to play the St George-Illawarra Dragons today in round six of the Canterbury Cup.

The match at WIN Stadium, Wollongong, kicks-off at 5.15pm. The Dragons sit in sixth place with the Sea Eagles in 10th place.

Blacktown Workers team

1 Jade Anderson

2 Abbas Miski

3 Dane Aukafokau

19 Sam Smith

5 Alfred Smalley

6 Lachlan Croker

20 Trent Hodkinson

24 Lloyd Perrett

7 Zach Dockar-Clay

18 Taniela Paseka

8 Kelepi Tanginoa

12 Haumole Olakau`atu

16 Sean Hoppie

Interchange

9 Tyran Ott

15 Andy Saunders

17 Kurt Deluis

22 Fred Junior Mauala

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/04/20/late-mail--canterbury-cup/

Ooops I had posted this in the pre-game thread but intended it for the game day thread instead

Very excited for this game. In anticipation of it, I just want to mention two sort of recent victories against SGI that were against the odds, so that we can re-live the glory

Round 8, 2013 at Kogarah
I believe we had never beaten SGI at Kogarah prior to this match. To complicate things, Brett Stewart succumbed to an injury during the match and had to be replaced by Jorge Taufua. Jorge did a remarkable job filling in for him and busted through their line himself to score a decisive try. We won the match, 24-18.

Round 19, 2014
This match would see us win back to back matches at Kogarah after having never won there before against SGI. This match is notable for another reason as we set an NRL record for a managing a victory with the least amount of possession. Despite only having 40% of the ball, we won this match 21-12. I believe that percentage record is still in place

Here is hoping for another incredible victory tonight at Wollongong

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4