Double standards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
On the one had we have Hopoate ostensibly being forced by the NRL to apologise to a ball boy who, regardless of the "official" line, was derelect in his duty to get the ball to where it is supposed to be.

On the other hand we have Dunley and several other players with their lives endangered by the failure of a referee (not just failure, but downright refusal) to send a bleeding player to the blood bin.

Where's the apology?

good luck

the best we will get is that finch has stated to his refs to use the blood bin more often

Thats what every supporter of every team says. We also say "that ref was ****, he was so against us" whether we win or not. Its just part of supporting a sporting team

Daniel - would Hampstead have acted on Fien if it was Craig Wing in the front row and Ricky Stuart on the sidelines?

Hampstead would have pulled out his pistol, shot him and dug the grave right there in the middle of the park

I think that it is the media that has hyped up the Hoppa situation rather than the NRL. Hoppa is a marked man and anything he does will be closely scrutinised. We can hardly complain about that as his past behaviour has warranted it. An apology letter is no big deal in the scheme of things.

The blood thing is much bigger news and due to risk of deadly and incurable disease it is incredibly newsworthy. I don't think that there is any bias against Manly in this matter - just changing attitudes in the game.

I don't want to get into this "the world is against us attitude". That is the go of Brisbane and the Dogs etc and I would like to leave that sort of mentality to them.

i cant believe that hoppa calling a ballboy a little **** cops the whole back page! you have to wonder what else is going on in the world of sport! warny taking 1000 first class wickets, 8million dollar man Chad Reed battling for world supercross crown ? Lleyton is playing tennis at some major in the US isnt he ? 2nd test about to start v Kiwis ???

nope, hoppa calling a ball boy a name is back page! Thats the ****ing telegraph for you.

quiet day in sport - thats what.

Hoppa must just be that valuable to them. A shame we dont get royalties

Pepsi knows a fair bit about Motor Cross.

CW - you miss my point. I've noticed that referees seem easily aggravted by Manly and therefore try to assert their authority far more readily. I contend that Hampstead WOULD have acted on Fien had he been playing the Roosters. However, when it comes to Manly there is a definite sense of "let them rot".

There are far worse things happening in League at the moment than what Hoppa reportedly called a recalcitrant ball boy. For instance, quite a few people know who was involved in the Coffs Harbour incident last year. But their is a conspiracy of silence to protect the "guilty" Why?

$$

On the one had we have Hopoate ostensibly being forced by the NRL to apologise to a ball boy who, regardless of the \"official\" line, was derelect in his duty to get the ball to where it is supposed to be.

On the other hand we have Dunley and several other players with their lives endangered by the failure of a referee (not just failure, but downright refusal) to send a bleeding player to the blood bin.

Where's the apology?

The ballboy did exactly as the rules say he should do. just because hopoate and a touchie don't know the rules, does this make the boy "derelict" in his duties? hopoate has had too many chances and the touchie should not get another chance till he brushes up on the rules.

He may have been technically correct Nodd, but was he consistent and are all ball boys also consistent??

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2