Double standards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good attitude but if he wasn't a drugo I'd take him. He is a star 5/8 and we need one urgently. We have no good halves at our club barring DCE. We need to sign 5/8 asap. But agree with the part of taking teams star players but I would be nice to get one back on parra for taking foz

... I agree with you that we need to sort our halves out but not that we don't have any good halves in our club .... I think Nico Hynes & Tom Wright will both show their worth given a chance .... Api at 1/2 and DCE at 5/8 could be as good as many top pairings ... it looks like we have a grand final winning 5/8 playing in that position for the rest of the year ... there is a chance of buying Peter Wallace on a 1 year contract to handle 1/2 or 5/8 until the two younger blokes are blooded if thats needed .... we have options ..... we don't seem to have Manly attitude at the moment

... I agree with you that we need to sort our halves out but not that we don't have any good halves in our club .... I think Nico Hynes & Tom Wright will both show their worth given a chance .... Api at 1/2 and DCE at 5/8 could be as good as many top pairings ... it looks like we have a grand final winning 5/8 playing in that position for the rest of the year ... there is a chance of buying Peter Wallace on a 1 year contract to handle 1/2 or 5/8 until the two younger blokes are blooded if thats needed .... we have options ..... we don't seem to have Manly attitude at the moment
Api isn't viewed by baz as an option but I think he should be. Wright is being made to be a fullback. Hynes wouldn't compliment DCE they play the same type of game. I really want the club to look at an organiser that would give DCE a chance to play his best footy

Considering what we saw from Api when he filled in for DCE earlier this season.....I can't understand why some people seem to think we should have him as DCE's halves partner.

He's a good back up to have but I wouldn't have him as our first choice for either halves position.

As for Norman? No thanks.

Indeed 1968 Monaro.

Why do so many posters complain (rightly) about the events of the last 12-18 months, the killing of a coach's career; the termination of players' contracts at Manly when they still had something left in the tank (i.e. Ballin) or a big future ahead (i.e. Hiku, Gutherson) and then think that the solution is more wholesale player turnover?

It's time for the club to work with what they have and only tweak the roster as necessary, not more wholesale changes. i imagine that that will be the case.

And reinvigorate a No Dickheads policy! I have no time for the likes of Norman and his manic, hopped up style, which all makes sense now, given recent events.

Plus leave the young Sironens of this world where they belong, at their respective clubs. Then those clubs might be more forthcoming in respecting our right to hang onto the Turbo boys, et al.

Last edited:
Indeed 1968 Monaro.

Why do so many posters complain (rightly) about the events of the last 12-18 months, the killing of a coach's career; the termination of players' contracts at Manly when they still had something left in the tank (i.e. Ballin) or a big future ahead (i.e. Hiku, Gutherson) and then think that the solution is more wholesale player turnover?

It's time for the club to work with what they have and only tweak the roster as necessary, not more wholesale changes. And leave the young Sironens of this world where they belong, at their respective clubs. Then those clubs might be more forthcoming in respecting our right to hang onto the Turbo boys, et al.
Exactly let's worry about our own youth. We have some young stars and a great rosters to build with. Just get rid of some dead wood. And get the backline right and 5/8 right then fix the attitude easy!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8