Double Demerit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Surely the profile that comes from being the defending Dally M "Champion" carries some responsibility to the wider interests of rugby league?

Jeez I thought it was a reminder for me about driving to Coffs Harbour this weekend, NSW has those bloody "double demerit points"

Seriously, to all the people who go on about how Brett was unfairly treated (Which he was) and then wan't the NRL to treat players exactly how he was where is the sense in that? it goes 100% about what you're arguing happend to Brett and now you want it to happen again for to another player for revenge?

The NRL made a mistake with Brett and it's obvious due to this their policies have changed (although they won't admit it). There are no facts saying Carney had anything to do with the Incident all he was doing was going out for a drink.

He may have a deal with the club and or NRL regarding his drinking and I am sure the Club will have to deal with it firstly and if he has made promises to the NRL they might then choose to come in over the top if the clubs punishment isn't fair. But that is up to them to sort out.

Just because the guy is going to AA doesn't mean he has fixed his issue, i know perosnally some people who have dealt with drug and alcohol addiction and it's a very tough road and they did lapse form time to time on their journey, if it was so easy to stop these people wouldn't be in he position to begin with.

As far as i am concerned unless the cops come out and say he was involved in the incident he has done nothing wrong bar the point i mentioned above if he made some sort of commitment about not drinking between himself and the club and or NRL. As no one knows if this is the case i think all the criticism is a bit harsh.

Jonesyv2 said:
Seriously, to all the people who go on about how Brett was unfairly treated (Which he was) and then wan't the NRL to treat players exactly how he was where is the sense in that? it goes 100% about what you're arguing happend to Brett and now you want it to happen again for to another player for revenge?

The NRL made a mistake with Brett and it's obvious due to this their policies have changed (although they won't admit it). There are no facts saying Carney had anything to do with the Incident all he was doing was going out for a drink.

He may have a deal with the club and or NRL regarding his drinking and I am sure the Club will have to deal with it firstly and if he has made promises to the NRL they might then choose to come in over the top if the clubs punishment isn't fair. But that is up to them to sort out.

Just because the guy is going to AA doesn't mean he has fixed his issue, i know perosnally some people who have dealt with drug and alcohol addiction and it's a very tough road and they did lapse form time to time on their journey.

As far as i am concerned unless the cops come out and say he was involved in the incident he has done nothing wrong bar the point i mentioned above if he made some sort of commitment about not drinking between himself and the club and or NRL. As no one knows if this is the case i think all the criticism is a bit harsh.

I'd agree 100% with that, I feel as though revenge would be nice as well BUT the Jones boy is right...the NRL have moved on they just haven't told us they have (for obvious reasons)...Toddie is probably guilty of nothing more than a night on the turps and if we all ended up in jail as a result of that my MWTS tours are going to have a HUGE problem in the coming years!

If I were the judge who had let him off lightly on the basis of his promises to stay off the drink I would be reconsidering my position.

Carney's football ability have saved him from a custodial sentence on a couple of occasions. He has had the best, and most expensive, legal reputation and advise on what to say in order for the magistrates to "give him his final warning". I'm sure he's had a least two 'final warnings'. The last involved a promise to follow AA guidelines, and not to drink. That was just two weeks ago.
Two weeks, and he's broken his promise to the courts.
I'm sure the average bloke wouldn't have been cut so much slack.
Most times having a high profile football reputation is a bad think. Not so with Carney. If Easts are fair dinkum they will sack him. Easts have had a spate of off-the-field incidents. They must act now.

Just because someone attends a few AA meetings or starts the program does not mean they instantly can control their urge and stop drinking for ever.

To be honest I don't think he is a alco, he said that to appease the media, NRL and public. He is a young man who likes to have a drink with his mates, like most of us do. His issue is that he is a complete d!ckhead who carries on like a wanker when he does drink.

I agree Garts. What irritates me is the degree of latitude given to this idiot. Gallop jumped on Brett and the club for a boozy launch. So what? Gallop leaves 'Toddy' alone with words of encouragement. Not so our club and its players. There's real inconsistencies regarding misbehaviour on and off the field. Hayne and Hindmarsh are prime examples for on the field. If Matai hits someone he's off for months and when Glenn had a go at Innes, he gone for weeks. I'd like the club to demand answers to this issue.

Jonesyv2 said:

I dont see here that anybody has proposed some sort of revenge or repercussions similar to Brett ?

Facts are all that I'm interested in.

Fact 1: As an injured player his contract with Easts requires him to stay off the drink.
Fact 2: He promised Gallup that he would stay off the grog only weeks ago.
Fact 3: He was excused from the Friday night game & for the weekend to visit his mum, but chose instead to get on the drink.
Fact 4: Easts were stupid enough to let Carney and the other goose live together.

This is a train wreck in slow motion. It's only a matter of a short time before his career is over.

I don't think Carney is an alcoholic, he has an issue with alcohol but far from being an alcoholic in the true sence of the word. He likes a drink and carries on like a dickhead when he's on it. Then when he gets caught out he plays the victim - I have a disease and need help blah blah blah. The peanut has been given chance after chance and total support from roosters and NRL and he throws it back in their faces time and time again.
Even according to Des Choc is on his last chance with us, so how is this clown able to keep going time and time again.

Garts said:
To be honest I don't think he is a alco, he said that to appease the media, NRL and public. He is a young man who likes to have a drink with his mates, like most of us do. His issue is that he is a complete d!ckhead who carries on like a wanker when he does drink.
Absolutely right. If he had that bad a problem he'd be getting up having a beer for breakfast. No way you can play football if your a full blown alcoholic, at least not for too long. Its just an excuse.

Noone is saying two wrongs make a right. But surely Stewart is entitled to an apology and Manly to a $100,000 refund.

He's just a dreg who happens to be able to play football. He obviously has complete disregard for easts, the nrl and the judicial system if he's happy to go out drinking in public having made a lot of promises not to.
And nice work by watts, helping his mate out who's not supose to be drinking by going out drinking with him. Top stuff.

The AA thing is a load of ****. He's just a typical bogan that loves the piss more than anything on a weekend.
I doubt he'll get much more than a few weeks break. We won't be rid of him untill te next time he gets in trouble with the law.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4