1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't be surprised if Tom Symonds . . .

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Mar 9, 2013.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,145 /133
    is in the top 17 next round. He was outstanding today in second grade. Played the whole match, scored two tries and was everywhere in defence. He has a rangy build like the great Beaver, and was the best player for Manly today. Having red hair helps make him more noticeable than others.

Dane Chisholm also impressed. He scored a sizzling 50-metre try early, and had some nice touches, especially with his kicking game.

Manly scored five tries to four and were marginally better than Auckland, but the handling let many of them down. Kane Lawton made some nice scoots, but I was not impressed by big George nor Cam-See. However, it was very hot and probably understandable.

I must say that Brookie looked beautiful. Pity only about 300 people were there to bask in its glory. Suncorp Stadium? Pffft!

2. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,995 /19
    I was thinking Symonds would have been good on our bench at Suncorp. If he's fit, he's a very good player. Probably good to give him a hit out or two first though.

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,290 /74
    I thought Chee Kam went very well - as good as any of our forwards.

Agree re Symonds he is a great pick up

• Like Like x 1
    • Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +976 /0
      I would be surprised if he was. I know Gower didn't have a great game but he spend the entire preseason working his butt off with everyone else. The message you like to send through the squad would be, work and and you'll get rewarded which is I'm guessing how Gower got the spot in the first place. I think Tom will have to play at least 2 weeks to get a look in the 17. Could be wrong of course, but that's how I think it should play out.

• DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +481 /7
      I have Tom in my supercoach team but the Telegraph have him listed as a Rorter still.

• Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +2,858 /35
      Symonds is a class player, he is an unbelievable pickup at this time of year for us

• BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +5,565 /306
      A fit Symonds is a waste in the second grade comp . He is NRL standard

• swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,409 /25
      He only arrived at Manly last monday, that's why he's in the reggies.

He needs a few training sessions with the 1st grade team. You can't expect a player to come from another club and know all the moves in a week.

• dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
      +50 /0
      This bloke is a real talent , along with Lawrence he will be our best new signing this year

• Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +1,038 /16
      I remember Bozo Fulton saying 2 or 3 years back this player was a future Origin rep. Just looked him up & he played for City in 2011. http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/tom-symonds/summary.html

• swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,409 /25
      He's a very good player who's had heaps of injuries. If he stays injury free he will be a permanent fixture in the top 17.

• Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +534 /20
      Roosters fans basically said he had potential but injury prone. Only played a handful of games each year for them. Fingers crossed he can go alright here and player regularly.

• Dan

Dan Kim Jong Dan Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +7,046 /106
      He was a gun in 2011 think he scored 3 tries in one of his first games and tackled his heart out. Stays injury free and he will be an awesome purchase.

Really like the way we have bought thia yea strlengthened some positions and added great depth in the forwards

• Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +534 /20
      great signing when we think how much Choc is struggling with the ribs. It may give us an option to rest him if we win our first few. We need a healthy Choc in September. Buhrer, Horo and Symonds won't give away anything.

• Like Like x 1
      • manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
        +7,123 /153
        Starts and lets choc come of the bench until his ribs are healed.
        It won't happen but it makes a small amount of sense.

• Like Like x 1
        • Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
          +5,065 /188
          What happened to gift Darren?

• The Insomniac

The Insomniac Active Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
          +122 /6
          What was the score guys ???

• the mauler