Pre-Game Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 24
Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the fullbacks take it up on the 4th,prior to a kick,Edwards is the master.Think it has to do with getting a faster play the ball so there’s more time for the kicker
Has something to do with numbers in the line on kick returns I think.

But edwards does it urgently and with pace. Turbo does it like a school assignment.

It’s sad that the dolphin s halves comprising a journeymen and a 20 yo kid will out play and out structure our 500 plus games halves combination including the Australian and QLD captain

The fullback on 140 k will probably out play our million dollar man too

Watching both teams on the weekend, I can’t see how we win. Our team needs to give a **** and play both sides of the ball for 80 mins.

Agree 100%. I'd say we are no hope and the $2.00 on offer about the Phins looks good value.

Did you notice the staggered backline when they shift the ball wide, just like we was taught in the under 8's. Manly use to do too in the days of Orford, Lyon, Matai, Bell and The Prince.

I guess we can dream.

Has something to do with numbers in the line on kick returns I think.
The tactic I think is a result of the downtown rule being more strongly policed. The fullback takes the last hit up before a long kick because he’s the only one who stays back and doesn’t usually chase the kick downfield. Thus he can be in front of the kicker and not worry, leaving his teammates free to get behind the kicker and free to chase. Youll notice they only do this tactic when they’re mid field and a long kick is in play. For short attacking kicks you wont see the fullback take the last hit up because you want them competing to catch the ball.

So the last time we put in a disaster of a performance vs the Dragons we bounced back nicely with a big win vs the Panthers and our goal line defence was very solid. Although that one was at home which helped our cause.

Hopefully the trend continues and we bounce back nicely this week and bring our A game defensively vs the Dolphins.

Our boys have a hell of alot to prove after such a humiliating defeat at home against a very inexperienced and depleted side. No matter what they do they just have to turn up and be prepared to atleast match it with the Dolphins up the middle and get the job done. Win ugly, win pretty just get the valuable 2 points ffs and keep in touch with the top 4.

Actually we would leap frog the Dolphins and move into 4th. Our 3 toughest games of the season will be coming up after this. Our entire season could slip away in 4 weeks if we don't sort out our **** right now!

Last edited:
So the last time we put in a disaster of a performance vs the Dragons we bounced back nicely with a big win vs the Panthers and our goal line defence was very solid. Although that one was at home which helped our cause.

Hopefully the trend continues and we bounce back nicely this week and bring our A game defensively vs the Dolphins.

Our boys have a hell of alot to prove after such a humiliating defeat at home against a very inexperienced and depleted side. No matter what they do they just have to turn up and be prepared to atleast match it with the Dolphins up the middle and get the job done. Win ugly, win pretty just get the valuable 2 points ffs and keep in touch with the top 4.
Hopefully that’s the plan.

Form means nothing these days. I think as fans we get a 'gut feel' when we'll put up a strong performance, and a foreboding of doom when the so-called experts all tip us. Such was the case when we played our hoodoo team, Illawarra, and many of us were worried about Canberra, even though we should have won in a canter.
Conversely, I was strangely confident when we played Easts and Penrith, two teams we weren't expected to beat.
Therefore, my gut tells me we'll beat the 'Fins comfortably. Then, conditional on us having most of our top 17 playing, we'll upset the Donkeys.

Form means nothing these days. I think as fans we get a 'gut feel' when we'll put up a strong performance, and a foreboding of doom when the so-called experts all tip us. Such was the case when we played our hoodoo team, Illawarra, and many of us were worried about Canberra, even though we should have won in a canter.
Conversely, I was strangely confident when we played Easts and Penrith, two teams we weren't expected to beat.
Therefore, my gut tells me we'll beat the 'Fins comfortably. Then, conditional on us having most of our top 17 playing, we'll upset the Donkeys.
Agree, although I feel we will head into the broncs game slight favorites.

I would suggest this is anyone’s game on Thursday night.

The Phins have a few out and are up & down like most.

It’s a Thursday night so I doubt there will be much of a crowd so that mightn’t be much of a factor.

As always it’s a lottery , toss a coin , may as well it’s as good as anything.
Will we win? Or will it be the next chapter in the great unravelling, 2024 style (much like 2023)?

Phins just have to follow every other teams game plan to make it tough for us.

Quick play the balls and exploit our poor defence/defensive reads out wide. Isaako may score a hat-trick.

Question is can we outscore them?

Yes it’s a hard one to predict.
Very , they are at home BUT it’s not really home it’s Suncorp , they are down on stars but have been playing well, it’s a TV game , for a QLD side , that’s alarm bells.

BUT they are certainly beatable and we will have the bounce back factor.

Us by about 8 ( I think ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12