Dogsler Ponder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He persisted with nuenann for one reason, we had no other better choices and no money to buy others. This is why the guy was sold off as soon as we started getting more money and better players.

As for pc kicking, it was simple. At training at the start of the year they have all the kickers kicking multiple goals. Highest percentage kicker gets the nod. Ox was the man there. In fact there were several articles on this

Daniel said:
He persisted with nuenann for one reason, we had no other better choices and no money to buy others. This is why the guy was sold off as soon as we started getting more money and better players.

As for pc kicking, it was simple. At training at the start of the year they have all the kickers kicking multiple goals. Highest percentage kicker gets the nod. Ox was the man there. In fact there were several articles on this

Maybe you and everyone were right on all counts.
I just needed to vent more of my anger towards the traitor.
Maybe I'll find something else tomorrow :-/

Regarding Neumann, surely there must have been another person who could have played centre or wing. After a couple of games from him, I would have stuck anybody out there in the backs, even Georgie Rose or his grandmother, rather than Neumann. :D :p

Hmmm..... I think Mitch Creary finished in 2006..... Anyway, loved that hit Mitch did on Penrith's Galea at Brookie and got high fives from Matai.

---

Great photo...Do you mind me asking...How old is it ?

Stevie said:
takes me back to these days ,who's the Good looking fella in
the Red & white Shirt in the Middle ;)

Having not met any of you can someone please put some names to faces..

I dont know why we have to bag out former players, especially players who helped build the club to what it is now.
In them early beginnings we had nothing, we were lucky to have a chad randall(his mistakes were honest mistakes atleast he tried) & others who put their hands up in them early stages after N.E crap..
maybe they might not have been champs but atleast they didn`t deliver us the wooden spoon

Photo left to right:
Larry tait(former member and funny guy)
Brett Stewart
Byso
Dan (red and white shirt)
Red shirt at back is either Mark or The Wheel?
Ryan (red shirt in front)
Stevie hidden behind him
Stevies son next to Ryan
Glenn Stewart.

Photo would have been around 2005 or 2006 maybe earlier, was the first years of Silvertails and we extended the invite to other supporters sites too so they all came down.
Byso invited Brett and Glenn and they were all over it. Good lads!

I loved Chad Randall but his pawing game was crap.

10kg heavier and a bit taller he might of made a good second rower, but a dummy half he wasn't.

On Nuemann or other reserved grader was koala, once he left in 2006 we went through a few dodgy reserve graders. We stacked up on forwards in that day and had decent depth but no depth out wide.

Fair enough to be upset about how Des left but I find it a bit much the revisionist history that gets worse every week....i hate to see what will happen if the dogs beat us

Daniel said:
Photo left to right:
Larry tait(former member and funny guy)
Brett Stewart
Byso
Dan (red and white shirt)
Red shirt at back is either Mark or The Wheel?
Ryan (red shirt in front)
Stevie hidden behind him
Stevies son next to Ryan
Glenn Stewart.

Photo would have been around 2005 or 2006 maybe earlier, was the first years of Silvertails and we extended the invite to other supporters sites too so they all came down.
Byso invited Brett and Glenn and they were all over it. Good lads!

11/07/2004 :)

lsz said:
So he had sole control over the players but it was the players that won it not him?

Huh?
I did a search on my original post and cannot find the word "sole" in it.
When I mentioned he had "final say in recruitment and player negotiations", what's that got to do with being on the field?

---

jjai said:
I dont know why we have to bag out former players, especially players who helped build the club to what it is now.
In them early beginnings we had nothing, we were lucky to have a chad randall(his mistakes were honest mistakes atleast he tried) & others who put their hands up in them early stages after N.E crap..
maybe they might not have been champs but atleast they didn`t deliver us the wooden spoon

I agree about Chad and I thought he wasn't that bad a player as some thought.
However, I'm guilty for bagging Neumann.
I was very frustrated at seeing him in the line-up after the many errors he produced. Maybe Daniel is right. No one to cover. However, I'd still gone for someone else, even if it's a young kid on the wing or something.

---

lsz said:
Fair enough to be upset about how Des left but I find it a bit much the revisionist history that gets worse every week....i hate to see what will happen if the dogs beat us

You should know by now that from the dawn of time, history is written in the eyes of people (id est, how an event or oneself is perceived). All history school text books are the same. "To the victor, goes the spoils" and that includes re-writing history. The current media is also very bias and controlled.

Set aside this Dogsler saga, the point is, your version and my version of everyday history will differ to some extent to everyone in this forum and vice versa. It's just a fact of life. This is because we will perceive people and events with bias and process data accordingly.

Revisionist? We all are, including you.

For me, betrayal is one of the worst misdeed a person can commit.

I wouldn't have mind so much if he left on his own to prove his worth.

I'm in Arko's corner (that includes Thrower, Fredo, Igor, etc.).
As Arko have said, ''It's one thing to leave the club and go somewhere else - I don't object to that. But to decimate the place that you're leaving, to tear it to pieces, that's another thing.''

http://www.silvertails.net/news/6005-irate-sea-eagles-legends-lash-out-at-hasler

So, I offer NO APOLOGIES to Dogsler.
In my "revisionist" mind, he will always be the enemy.
He is the worst of anyone in the Dogs camp because I can understand why the others do what they do because they were never Manly to began with. That way, you will always know where they are coming from.

To have one of our own try to tear down our club, represents the lowest scum of all time. To borrow a line from our country's defenders, "Lest we forget".

---

Why are you fixating on Neumann ?? he would have been lucky to play half a dozen games over 2 years here and that was only because of injury. Based on your theory Des will be resurrecting Neumann's career at Belmore shortly. Surely there must be something else more worthwhile hating on.

Chip and Chase said:
Why are you fixating on Neumann ?? he would have been lucky to play half a dozen games over 2 years here and that was only because of injury. Based on your theory Des will be resurrecting Neumann's career at Belmore shortly. Surely there must be something else more worthwhile hating on.

OK. I'll let go on Neumann.
I just saw him as a pet of Dogsler.
Neumann might even prove me wrong and turn out to be a superstar with an amazing comeback ... :rolleyes:

---

That touch footy day was great I think we had about 40 people turn up.

Rick did do his shoulder in trying to touch Brett Stewy with this wicked dive the dude was horizontal in the air, then fell on it. Crazy stuff.

Haha that's right Byso I had forgotten. Was a cracker day and wish we had arranged more of them.

Ramrod, did Des betray us or did we betray him first. Coaches and players leave, at least he left us with a premiership victory!

Daniel said:
Ramrod, did Des betray us or did we betray him first. Coaches and players leave, at least he left us with a premiership victory!

Interesting take, Dan.
However, this is how I see it:

1. First of all, even if he was "only" paid $450K (or whatever the amount was) instead of the Dogs's purchase price of $850K?, his earnings would still be more than what most fans will make.

2. Currently, Manly is not a wealthy club. Manly has done well by him over the years. We gave him two premierships as a player and an opportunity to coach. In 1996, anyone in our junior ranks sitting on the bench would have come away with a Premiership ring. Who knows what his prospects would have been if it weren't for Manly? Certainly, school teaching would not reap as well. I remembered in the early days, he said in the media he wasn't a career coach.

3. I remember reading an article about Ken Irvine - who played 13 seasons at Norths, and when he sought Manly out to play in maroon and white, we initially asked him to reconsider, especially since he already became a life member at Norths. Irvine said he wanted to win a Grand Final at Manly -(whereby he thought he would not achieve at Norths). The moral to this story is, Manly brings success to players.

4. Premiership victories also benefited him, not just us. Now, his stature as a coach has been elevated and his asking price has soared. The fortune flows both ways.

5. As a fan, ... hypothetically, if I'm financially comfortable (not rich) and if I was good enough to play or coach Manly, I would have done it for next to nothing. I would just be happy to be wearing maroon and white and be forever inscribed into Manly folklore, even if it was not economically rewarding. Remember Beaver who stayed for less?
Hell, I'm envious of those who had an opportunity to step onto the field in a Manly guernsey even for just one game. They don't know how lucky they are to be a Manly man (from a fan's perspective).

6. Take Zorba for example - whilst being bagged and dumped, he never said a bad word against our club. He could have been bitter in public (like Piggins at Souths), but Zorba was gracious. One thing though, I'm tired of his praises for the ex-coach. He should read the emails of what that person really thought of him, behind his back.

7. As Arko have said, he didn't have to rip out the guts of the club on his way to the exit. I would have been sympathetic to him still if he was kind to us when he left. I didn't like the fact he took so many staff (leaving us in a crisis) and potentially key players from us in the future. I think what saved us was some players standing up and declared their loyalty - players like Choc, then Killer, etc. If it wasn't for them, where would our club be today? Those emails didn't paint him in a good light but it did stop his legal threats. If not for those emails, he could have crushed us permanently. It's all about him, see.

-
How about all you fellas in this forum?
*** What would you give to have the opportunity to be a Manly player or coach?

---

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7