Dogs we Should / Could poach ! with $$

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Surely there is ONE player of theirs we could benefit from. C'mon there has to be 1 !!

We can reconfirm our "Silvertails" monika by 'grabbiing' a trained dog a-la the "Boyd-Brown-Dorahy" pinch in 1979 !

So who ? It should be someone that'll upset them. If they're trolling our forum, lets make them nervous !

Nah can't think of one! although we might be able to stock our NSW cup team with most of their 1st grade squad.

I'd prfer us to show them that they have nothign we want. They want what we have and it shows that we are vastly superior.

Idris would have been good. He was the one that won them their matches. Barba is over-rated, only getting his tries against weaker teams and at the back end of games when the defense is tired. Romelo is probably the only one that I'd consider. He's a sort of Joe type. Go-forward and tough. Of the rest? Running a line against our guys, no, there's no-one there.

Realistically with the $$$ we'd have available theres no way we could get Graham or Tolman. Sam Kasiano to give us more depth up front would be handy and come cheap.

Hodkinson and Neumann to name a couple. Is Kane Cleal still there ? he'd be another I'd look at.

Tolman, Graham and maybe some younger guys. If they do take some of our guys, they will be taking them at a premium price and will no thave money for the other positions.

01. Ben Barba
02. Bryson Goodwin
03. Josh Morris
05. Steve Turner
06. Kris Keating (should someone pilfer Foran)
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jame Graham
09. Michael Ennis (sorry y'all)
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Corey Payne
13. David Stagg

15. Greg Eastwood

would be the players of worth.

Hit 'em were it hurts the most - the juniors.
Go through and pick the living **** out of the SG Ball and Harold Matts team to make our U20s stronger for next year.
To give us more depth.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I would prefer the club focus on attracting the best player/s available to fill the position/s available, within the price band that we can operate in.

Not sure that "poaching" a player will achieve anything. I know this is around a desire for revenge - but honestly the 'wound' inflicted by the Doggies in their signing Hasler will not instantaneously heal should we get one back at them. Lets just heal, and strengthen the club, lets not keep picking at this wound and keeping it fresh to keep the flame of revenge burning

Barba = cant tackle & cant catch - No way
Goodwin = finishes off tries and kick goals - maybe
Lafai (I think) = young and looks good - yes
Morris = past his best and need his brother there - No
Turner = past his best - No
Keating = very basic 5/8 - No
Hodkinson = not near the level DCE is. We got the better half.
Graham = hasnt been proven to NRL level and big $ - No
Ennis = like him but Ballin is better.
Tolman = showed more at the Storm - yes
Pritchard = if he finds the form of a few years back
Payne = No
Stagg = does alot in defence but we have gift who is 10 times better.
Halatau = No

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8