Dogs fans and Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seriously who cares. Don't we have our own team to support?

Jonesyv2 said:
I thought this was a manly forum? who cares what the dogs or their fans are thinking about our ex coach

Exactly who gives a rats. They can all go (insert expletive) themselves for all I care the bunch of wankers.

Cambo said:
As for us trolling I couldn't be f***ed posting on their pathetic site. Only went for a look at what jatz has posted.

I didnt post there Cam. Without any help from me they were working themselves up into a lather about Manly supporters.

I view it the same as DSM. I understand that footy forums are of a flavour specific to those particular fans. Posting in another is never going to work. Dan would like the world to work in a more balanced communicative way but footy heads just will not cooperate. Of that im fairly sure.

Jatz Crackers said:
Cambo said:
As for us trolling I couldn't be f***ed posting on their pathetic site. Only went for a look at what jatz has posted.

I didnt post there Cam. Without any help from me they were working themselves up into a lather about Manly supporters.

I view it the same as DSM. I understand that footy forums are of a flavour specific to those particular fans. Posting in another is never going to work. Dan would like the world to work in a more balanced communicative way but footy heads just will not cooperate. Of that im fairly sure.
Jatz I know you didn't I was talking about the links I gotta confused u didn't post the links brookie4eva did.

Fan rivalry will always exist. It's pretty much part of the game and another thing that makes footy so great.

The odd banter between fans on forums will always go on (just on that note I'll apologise on behalf of the rude comment posted towards someone in the thread linked on Kennel). But there is no need to troll. A fairweather fan can appreciate a loss as much as a win, as at the end of the day, they still have a side to support.

This said, Des has gone to the Bulldogs and Manly have Toovey. It's about time some people took the mature approach and built a bridge in regards to it.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Wasn-t-Des-meant-to-shave-his-head

A perfect example on how not to conduct oneself is with some of the posts in that thread.

MrInvisible said:
Fan rivalry will always exist. It's pretty much part of the game and another thing that makes footy so great.

The odd banter between fans on forums will always go on (just on that note I'll apologise on behalf of the rude comment posted towards someone in the thread linked on Kennel). But there is no need to troll. A fairweather fan can appreciate a loss as much as a win, as at the end of the day, they still have a side to support.

This said, Des has gone to the Bulldogs and Manly have Toovey. It's about time some people took the mature approach and built a bridge in regards to it.

A perfect example on how not to conduct oneself is with some of the posts in that thread.

You should link both sides of the argument troll,How about where your boy was calling white Australians convicts? Isn't that a disgusting amount of racism

Also what about the same merkin Cyber-bullying by calling for one particular opposition fan to commit suicide,Now put your tail between your legs and run like the little bitch you are

Glass house,stones thrown,kebab eaten and silver spoon used

BRED NOT BOUGHT (Do they even have a junior in the FG team?)

MrInvisible said:

Piss off Gronk.
Manly fans express their emotions and frustrations on here and social media.

Your fans riot and break seats at the Sfs and riot on trains.

**** you and #f*ckdeshasler.

Brookie4eva said:
I was just looking around The Kennel found this .... http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=94000

It's funny they are complaining that Manly fans might start to Troll in their Forum, exactly WTF were they doing for most of the off season to us !!!!

lol, I liked how when someone said a post was going to be reported to the police, one dog said "yeah well go to this station as I have a cousin who's a cop there and another cousin in the afp...."

Seems they type like they fight, tough as long as there are plenty of cousins to back them up! :D

That said, I agree, I couldn't care less about any of them and their tiny little lives.

The hypocrisy of one dogs posts here compared to his vitriol of over there is, how can one say, "a perfect example of irony missed."

GO MANLY!!!

MrInvisible said:
joeboy said:
Do you know what fair weather fan means mr invisible?
Generally used to describe a moderate or average fan. Thus the use of "fair weather".

So, would we be correct in saying that the Bulldogs are a fair-weather club?

MrInvisible said:
joeboy said:
Generally used to describe a moderate or average fan. Thus the use of "fair weather".

No, it is someone who claims to be a fan when the team is going well but is 'invisible' during the tougher times.

MrInvisible said:
joeboy said:

You are so dumb it is laughable. Back to the pound for you

What about true supporters?

Honestly reading these posts makes me sad for us as a nation. Justifying our own wrong actions by saying "yeah but they are doing the same thing" is the weakest argument a person could muster.

I for one do not want to be seen in a light of being a racist, bigot or redneck. I personally really enjoy Rugby League and discussing Rugby League with fans of all teams, I love the Sea Eagles, but realise that our team needs opposing teams to make a game.

Whilst I am not naive enough to believe that a utopia of sorts is achievable, I appeal to the more forward thinking, and balanced fans of all teams to put their foot down, draw a line in the sand and put an end to the unfortunate behavior and attitudes that have been exposed of late. We don't need to police what fans of other teams are doing, in fact we don't need to police anyone, but it would nice for the fans of the Sea Eagles who have an issue with certain behavior and attitudes to speak up against the more vocal and say that enough is enough.

It would surprise many that Manly fans are hated as much as the team, not because the team bought a whole bunch of players in the 70's but simply because we are seen as racist, redneck toothless hicks. We go on about how affluent the Northern Beaches are, whilst we carry on exactly like those we imagine from other areas, in short, we need to take a long hard look at ourselves.

Wouldn't it be nice to be seen as balanced supporters, who love the game, love their team and can speak both respectfully and with knowledge to other teams. That is far preferable to me, than seeing a multitude of swear words and racist taunts bandied about at every opportunity.

Am I the only one that sees the issue here?

Stop looking at what other teams are saying and trying to justify your own actions through the actions of others!

Agree Dan. I am often embarrassed to admit I am a league fan at work due to the redneck stigma that is attached to the game. The stigma is justified imo. Only have to come and read this forum to get that confirmed.

"Awaits the nothing wrong with passion response"

Agree with Dan 100 %, some comments on this forum are amazing. But when fan's of other teams come on this site and make same sort of comments they are shot down and abused, some posters need to take their Manly reading glasses off and see the world from other people's point of view.

If that view is different from their own, that's not the end of the world and the person should not be abused for their point of view. This goes for Manly fans and other League fans also

bones said:
MrInvisible said:
joeboy said:

So, would we be correct in saying that the Bulldogs are a fair-weather club?

That can't be right. That would make the Bulldogs the opposite of the "Storm", which is clearly not the case. The Bulldogs and Storm are actually very similar if you look at their attitude towards things like the salary cap.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4