Dogs cancel Fifita contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well i guess if Fifita is true to his word he will be playing for the waratahs next year.

I think the dogs pulled out because they realise paying overs for him was a mistake and they decided to offload him. The other thing is that He may have gotten an offer from rugby and they pulled the deal.

It was stupid by the dogs to conifrm he had signed when he hadn't (but then again they are the dogs).

This has me worried that they will go hard for Hiku.

I'd say most Sharks players would be hoping he went to Yawnion now, can't imagine them (and him) getting along very well.

His Manager wants a good kick in the arse

sheridanstand78 said:
I think the dogs have dodged a bullet in not sigining Fifita, what a waste of space, so disrespectful to the game that has made, he can bugger off to Union now and that will be that.

If the dogs throw overs at our players, good luck to them cause Money isnt everything in this life.

They've already done that sheridanstand. His name is T-Rex.

And we all know how that worked out.

Gift is too smart to go to that festering hole of a club.

Why would rugby union want him & pay big money?? He has minimal experience playing Union & so would have so much to learn about scrums, rucks, mauls & line outs.

Not really. He went as far as the Brumbies development squad. And no slouches make that squad. He would take some time readjusting but not nearly as much as others who switched. It would be like riding a bike to him...his skill set would return soon enough...that said, it's worth noting he didn't reach high levels in rugby. So what worked for him in League might not necessarily work for him in Union.
But he won't go to Oz rugby. Oz rugby is broke, they can't pay much for an untested player at the elite level (assuming big money is important to him)

Meanwhile, MWSE are looking vulnerable with 1 proven NRL standard back too many. P Hiku can play in almost any backline position, is young strong, has nearly all his NRL career ahead of him. At the same time as MWSE.have only one backline posi looking shaky, that of right wing.

The likelihood of keeping him AND keeping him in first grade looks almost impossible . . . unless someone retires, or suffers a long term injury - perish the thought.

Lord Eagleton said:
"Couldnt agree to final terms". Hmm there is more going on here than meets the eye. Thats a cover bull**** response

A cover bulls hit response from the Bulldogs? Surely not...

What about all the talk of a cashed up French rugby. The deal, his comments about union and the withdrawl. The timing is all pretty good. Fi fi ta has a french overtone to it, when paid in Euro

Dumb luck rules!
Same as when that Sloth Trex was signed at 650k :mad:

Fifita is very marketable, especially with an identical twin to make a promoter's dream in France :cool:

NRL have now started an investigation into the two contracts-9 News. The Dogs one was for 650k and another for 150k. His Manager is also seeking Legal Advice :cool:

Should be interesting :D

I do not understand why the NRL wastes its time trying to keep disloyal players like Fifita in the game when they could be assisting clubs to keep their long term players.

Admitted, Fifita has some sort of ability but would you seriously want a cancer like that in your club who will go for the coin all the time.

There needs to be an immediate review of the cap, this stupid 3rd party payments which just make a mockery of the whole thing.

The fans are frustrated by this constant speculation about where players are going for next season, FFS we are in round 4 and should it not be about the football?

The stench is getting stronger...

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/andrew-fifita-asks-nrl-to-investigate-breakdown-of-canterbury-deal-20140401-zqpf9.html

"Canterbury chairman Ray Dib was adamant the decision for his club and Fifita to go their separate ways was mutually agreed as the best decision for both parties.

"I found Andrew Fifita's management to be very professional, very commercial, very amicable and very fair - it was a pleasure dealing with them and I sincerely mean that," Dib said on Tuesday.

"I heard [it said] on talkback radio, 'We can't accept that the Bulldogs went in there and spoke to his manager and they were happy to go their separate ways, it just doesn't make sense'.

"I know it seems too simple but it is what happened . . . both parties . . . it is amazing when you get two parties together who act for the player's welfare and the club's welfare what you can come up with."

Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle said on Monday the club had no issue accommodating Fifita under the salary cap or negotiating third party contracts and insisted the amount offered was less than reported."

AAAHHHH HAHAHAHA PMSL LMAO what a bunch of weasel words. That board is the biggest sack of S**T the game has ever seen. Full of lies,deceit and anything else derogatory you can think of. This stinks big time but no doubt door knob head will be furiously trying to sweep it all away AGAIN.

^ Initial reactions from most rugby league commentators were pretty much, "Great leadership by the Bulldogs" - that Fifita got what he deserved by besmirching the good name of rugby league. But what a load of bollocks that is. Obviously something else is going on here and the Bulldogs - who should have a Lack of Integrity Unit assigned to their club full-time - are sniffing after other opportunities.

Could they be exposed as the deceitful cheats we all know they are?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/raelene-castle-has-met-with-the-nrl-integrity-unit-to-discuss-the-andrew-fifita-contract-wrangle/story-fndv2wg4-1226875542845

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4