Dogs and the cap!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mals said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Foxsports.com. reporting "canterbury-bankstown bulldogs to keep sydney roosters halfback mitchell pearce in their sights". He wouldn't be cheap.

Yep the quality of a Great Wall ute but at a BMW price tag.

Pearce to be recalled as those who own him are risking their health!

sean1976 said:
Its a pity they dont include lifting the whole coaching establishment of another club under the salary cap. That alone would put the flea beagles over the cap. Can't develop their own coaching staff let alone playing talent. A joke of a club.

Haha, "Flea Beagles". I haven't heard that one before. I like it :D

Moops said:
Surely Barba and Reynolds will need to be upgraded very soon? Barba will command big dollars and Reynold's contract will need to be beefed up as well. Add to that T-Rex next year! How long is Inu going to play for 50,000 bucks a year? Tapau,Finucane and Jackson are all up and comers that other clubs should be looking at...there can't be anything left for them!!! They will need a very good accountant in the next few years...

Inu will be on $225,000 for next year, most of his money for this year was paid for by the Warriors.
They have re-signed Romelo and Keating, who at the beginning of the year, with a host of other players,were going to be offloaded.
Barba is probably on an existing contract, so no upgrade there, Kasiano was signed up to a new contract,so apart from T-Rex I would say that that's about it.

Gee some fans are completely one eyed. I have no idea how you can look at their roster and think they are over yet not say the same about us. Our roster is worth much more IMO, and it is not hard to see.

voicefromthehill said:
Many say the same about our team and still are, hell we even have some of our posters saying all of our players are in the top 5 in their position! But we all keep the faith with our team, and let's be honest many here said the dogs wouldn't make the 8 with their squad.

Just because they are performing above expectations doesn't mean the players are on overs, some of those guys in the dogs squad mentioned are on minimal contracts. Unless otherwise proven I will believe they are legit, if they aren't I will be vicious in my condemnation.
Happy to put my hand up that imo Manly have a consistent quality roster of the top 5 players in their relative positions, who doesnt??
On that point it does not mean they have top 5 salaries for their respective positions does it??.
Many Manly players in recent times have accepted far less $$ to stay loyal to this successful club (Matai ect) unlike the Dogs who have had to pay top dollar to lure players & build the roster they have today.
Barba & Reynolds not getting upgrades - yeh right.
Inu/Perritt on $50,000 - lets blow that up times 5 next year, add T Rex at $650,000 a season & are now chasing the state of origin half too??
Check out the NSW cup squad - its no suprise the Dogs dominate that also - Penrith & Parra would run half of them in the top grade.
They will get cooked on this , when not if.
Atm its all speculation but if it walks, barks & smells like a Dog it usually is.
Either way this 2012 Manly team are capable of toppling them & will.

Barba may be on an existing contract, but so was DCE, and then his manage put pressure on the club via the media and his salary rises five fold!
Barba can do the same thing. Along with Thurston, who also has been linked to the Berries, Barba is the 'It' player of the moment, and should be the most valuable, not just because of his on-field ability but also his appeal with sponsors and fans.
If Hoppa Jrn is on $850,000 (as reported), then Barba could command $1m a season.

MK Eagle said:
voicefromthehill said:
Many say the same about our team and still are, hell we even have some of our posters saying all of our players are in the top 5 in their position! But we all keep the faith with our team, and let's be honest many here said the dogs wouldn't make the 8 with their squad.

Just because they are performing above expectations doesn't mean the players are on overs, some of those guys in the dogs squad mentioned are on minimal contracts. Unless otherwise proven I will believe they are legit, if they aren't I will be vicious in my condemnation.
Happy to put my hand up that imo Manly have a consistent quality roster of the top 5 players in their relative positions, who doesnt??
On that point it does not mean they have top 5 salaries for their respective positions does it??.
Many Manly players in recent times have accepted far less $$ to stay loyal to this successful club (Matai ect) unlike the Dogs who have had to pay top dollar to lure players & build the roster they have today.
Barba & Reynolds not getting upgrades - yeh right.
Inu/Perritt on $50,000 - lets blow that up times 5 next year, add T Rex at $650,000 a season & are now chasing the state of origin half too??
Check out the NSW cup squad - its no suprise the Dogs dominate that also - Penrith & Parra would run half of them in the top grade.
They will get cooked on this , when not if.
Atm its all speculation but if it walks, barks & smells like a Dog it usually is.
Either way this 2012 Manly team are capable of toppling them & will.

the above is spot on IMO

voicefromthehill said:
, hell we even have some of our posters saying all of our players are in the top 5 in their position

What's so shocking about that?^^

Besides our wingers and going off T-rex's form 12 months ago it's true.

Peter C said:
Moops said:
Surely Barba and Reynolds will need to be upgraded very soon? Barba will command big dollars and Reynold's contract will need to be beefed up as well. Add to that T-Rex next year! How long is Inu going to play for 50,000 bucks a year? Tapau,Finucane and Jackson are all up and comers that other clubs should be looking at...there can't be anything left for them!!! They will need a very good accountant in the next few years...

Inu will be on $225,000 for next year, most of his money for this year was paid for by the Warriors.
They have re-signed Romelo and Keating, who at the beginning of the year, with a host of other players,were going to be offloaded.
Barba is probably on an existing contract, so no upgrade there, Kasiano was signed up to a new contract,so apart from T-Rex I would say that that's about it.
No they have also re signed Steve Turner and Dene Halatau who were also on the list of names that the Dog's were going to release to free up cap space. They also re signed a couple of their up and comers in the Todd Greenberg 5 in 5 days announcement trumpeted a couple of months ago. so Inu goes up by $175 000. Perret by $150 000, Kasiano by $150 000(I believe it would be more but will be conservative)Keating re signed $180 000 Joel Romelo $150 000 Dene Halatau $200 000, Steve Turner $180 000, T Rex $600 000=$1.785 million(there were a couplke of others as well...would need to go over to the kennel to get them I think it was 2 of Jackson, Lafai or Finnucane or something similar) there is also talk Mitch browne would be re signed)

so $1.785 million just on upgrades, retention and T Rex(and a bit more) That means there is another 20 players who have to fit into a tad over $3 million.

Graham, Pritchard, Ennis, Eastwood, Tolman, Eastwood, Gavet, Jackson, Tapau, Payne, Hodgkinson(275k), Reynolds, Morris, Barba, Stagg etc etc
They are going to have to offer Reynolds a sizeable chunk more than the peanuts he is on now before November I'd imagine.

If the news about Jamie is true then you would imagine every other club thinks the same about our players

Lets face facts.

There is no point in saying a player is on X a year is it rarely, if ever, that simple. Even T-rex who knows what he will earn in each year....it might be 20% in the first 30% then 50%.

I am sure if you divided the players contracts by the amount of years (i.e. a 3 year deal @ 300,000 = 100,000 per year) most clubs would be pretty close, if not over the cap

This thread is pointless and baseless. As if there are rorts going on. It would be near impossible for it to happen on a massive and deliberate scale. And why would a club want to do it? Where is Brian Waldron now? Lucky to be a free man is for sure. It's career threatening for players and career destroying for businessmen.

Stevo said:
This thread is pointless and baseless. As if there are rorts going on. It would be near impossible for it to happen on a massive and deliberate scale. And why would a club want to do it? Where is Brian Waldron now? Lucky to be a free man is for sure. It's career threatening for players and career destroying for businessmen.

Think he is on the board of the Melbourne tigers

Also dogs not cheating? Seems legit

Stevo said:

Point of discussion-the 5 mid season signings and retention of playing roster, and how this affects this years salary cap. A fair question that any NRL club would have to be prepared to answer in a salary cap competition.

Base-The Dogs have rorted the cap not once but twice since the mid nineties. Forgive my scepticism.

Also to clarify- The thread states that there is growing talk that the Dog's have/are breaching the cap. A quick perusal of digital websites shows the topic is growing legs. Whether it is true or not time will tell. Will make a concerted effort next time to ensure all future threads fit within your guidelines, so as to satifactorily pass your high standards when considering new topics of discussion.

The fact is that Manly's players are on more.

DCE - Keating
Foran - Reynolds
Lyon - Inu
Stewart - Barba
Stewart - Halatau
Watmough - Pritchard

Manly should be the one's worried about the Salary Cap. Considering the club can't even afford a decent stadium, how can they afford one of the best rosters in the comp??

filto6 said:
The fact is that Manly's players are on more.

DCE - Keating
Foran - Reynolds
Lyon - Inu
Stewart - Barba
Stewart - Halatau
Watmough - Pritchard

Manly should be the one's worried about the Salary Cap. Considering the club can't even afford a decent stadium, how can they afford one of the best rosters in the comp??

WOW. That last post shows just how stupid you are.
I'll type this slowly for you so you'll understand: T H E C O U N C I L
O W N S B R O O K V A L E O V A L.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8