Doesn't it warm the soul

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought that we let Bhurer go to sign Brown and we let Gutherson go to sign Myles?

Whoever made those decisions is certainly a clown

When you're paying your supposed star player over $1m a year, hard calls have to be made elsewhere, particularly when a club like parra starts offering over the odds for at the time largely unproven talent in gutho, including the opportunity to play fullback. We also had to lock up the turbos long term. Blair was average for us but is just another player to shine in the storms system.
Myself like other Manly fans who watched the lower grades knew Gutho was destined to be a winner. It is unforgiveable to have had him contracted and then shown him the door. This had to be Bozo's doing. He was recontracted and paraded with the Turbos as being the Club's future not long before Bozo was brought in to 'fix things'.

I warned you all in my post Lewis Brown: We were sold a lemon that he was going to be terrible.
I only had to watch one uninspired game from him in Penrith colours to come to that conclusion.
NYEagle

I'm pretty sure that it was the fair ground owner and he would have got away with it too if it weren't for those sausage roll eating supporters

giphy.gif

Myself like other Manly fans who watched the lower grades knew Gutho was destined to be a winner. It is unforgiveable to have had him contracted and then shown him the door. This had to be Bozo's doing. He was recontracted and paraded with the Turbos as being the Club's future not long before Bozo was brought in to 'fix things'.
I always thought that our long term replacements for Brett Stewart, Lyon & Matai were TomT, Hiku and Gutherson and all interchangeable. It did seem to be the plan

As the history of events morphs transmutes and generally undergoes revision as our memories dim, I just spent 10 minutes to remind myself (and us!) of what the Dickens went on in 2015 and why we were all so, er, thunderstruck.

Obviously some of the following were a long time in the pipeline before announced - nevertheless ...

Here is my time lion!

18 Feb 2015 – Matai signed - Steve Matai will finish his career as a one-club man after re-signing with Manly until the end of 2017. ... "We identified Steve as a really important part of our retention strategy this season," said Manly CEO Joe Kelly. ... Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey added: "It's wonderful news

5 Mar 2015 – Cherry offer withdrawn - Manly have withdrawn their offer to Daly Cherry-Evans after the Kangaroos halfback failed to meet a Monday deadline to commit to the club

6 Mar 2015 - Cherry signs with Titans - Daly Cherry-Evans has signed with the Gold Coast Titans on a three year deal

16 Mar 2015 – Foran signs with Eels - Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran has signed with the Parramatta Eels from 2016 it was announced by the Sea Eagles on Monday.

2 Apr 2015 - Matt Ballin signs - has re-signed with Manly on a new two-year deal until the end of 2017.

28 April 2915 – Gutho and Turbos sign -MANLY have announced the re-signings of exciting brothers Jake and Tom Trbojevic along with fellow young gun Clinton Gutherson. Outside back Gutherson, who will spend the rest of 2015 on the sideline after suffering a serious knee injury in round one, has signed on until the end of 2017.

12 May 2015 – Myles signs - Queensland and Test prop Nate Myles has signed a three-year deal to play with the Manly Sea Eagles from 2016.

3 June 2015 - Cherry backflips - Cherry-Evans re-signed an 8-year contract with the Sea Eagles, biggest contract signed in rugby league's 107-year history, after backflipping on Titans.

20 Jun 2015 – Brown signs - Penrith forward Lewis Brown will leave the Panthers at the end of the season after signing a three-year deal with the Manly Sea Eagles

21 July 2015 –mass cleanout announced- MANLY are set for mass player clean-out with 14 players reportedly told they are not wanted for next season.

28 July 2015 – Toovey sacking announced - The club yesterday announced it would replace Toovey with Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett at the end of the season. Toovey had been contracted until the end of the 2016 season.

31 July 2015 - Ballin unwanted - MATT Ballin has confirmed he is one of the 14 players reported to be out of favour at Manly, but says he’s not going anywhere

28 Aug 2015 – Brett Stewart signed - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles is pleased to announce the contract extension of dynamic full-back Brett Stewart for a further one-year. Off contract at the end of 2016, Stewart is now secured to the Sea Eagles until the end of the 2017 season

Sep 28, 2015 – Gutho released - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today finalised the release of Clinton Gutherson. The full-back/winger was contracted for the 2016 and 2017

30 Oct 2015 – Taupau signs - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today secured arguably the best forward in rugby league with the signing of New Zealand international Martin Taupau on a 4 year deal from 2016

2 Nov 2015 – Ballin released - MANLY hooker Matt Ballin has officially been released from his contract after 217 games and 11 years at the Sea Eagles

9 Dec 2015 – Hiku released -Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today released Peta Hiku from the final two years of his contract

17 Dec 2015 – Walker signs - Manly have officially confirmed the signing of Dylan Walker from South Sydney with the NSW representative inking a four-year contract

Hindsight is marvellous!

I would like Gutho to still be at Manly but I'm not going to let my emotions get in the way of the truth for the sake of bagging this club and its administration constantly.

It's pretty straight forward. Gutho left to play 1, Gutho left because he had Snake and Turbo in front of him. He had just missed an entire season with an ACL. We had Dylan Walker coming and a still fit Steve Matai.

Things haven't turned out as expected but Bozo and co. are in football administration not ****ing crystal ball fortune telling.

Hindsight is marvellous!

I would like Gutho to still be at Manly but I'm not going to let my emotions get in the way of the truth for the sake of bagging this club and its administration constantly.

It's pretty straight forward. Gutho left to play 1, Gutho left because he had Snake and Turbo in front of him. He had just missed an entire season with an ACL. We had Dylan Walker coming and a still fit Steve Matai.

Things haven't turned out as expected but Bozo and co. are in football administration not ****ing crystal ball fortune telling.

Gutho left because he was one of the players told he would be granted a release if he could find a contract elsewhere, despite having two years to run on his Manly contract. If he was so desperate to leave so he could play fullback, why did he re-sign in the first place...?

Pretty damn likely he got the tap on the shoulder to free up money when Walker became available. And I know which player I'd rather have in a Manly jersey...

Pretty damn likely he got the tap on the shoulder to free up money when Walker became available. And I know which player I'd rather have in a Manly jersey
It certainly wasn't for Walker, who at that stage was a Rabbit just recovering from his overdose. In fact judging by my helpful time line (post #14 above) I'd say Hiku was released for Walker.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2