Does Manly pack have enough Mongrel ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the win against the Eels was more down to their complete capitulation for four weeks of the competition. They got their mojo back after losing it badly. I remember we shot out of the blocks and they were lethargic but we gave them a few chances with the ball and they shot themselves in the foot...then they lost two players to the bin.

It's strange but I remember being worried after a few of our big wins because I kept noticing that we'd give the opposition chances with the ball in good territory. I thought maybe I was being a hard task master at the time but it was a trend I was noticing. We'd beat a team by 30+ but possession and field position would be relatively even. It was only our attacking prowess (often from inside our own half) that allowed us to win so many games. I remember I kept thinking, if we gave this much ball to Melbourne, Souths or Penrith, we'd be losing by 20, yet here we are in front by 20.

Unfortunately, my fears were more than realised when our biggest achilles heel was turning over cheap ball to give quality opposition time to attack our red zone; the rest is history.
Fairly accurate - still seen far more intensity in that Eels game than any other and were physically winning the war against them before they lost players.
The style of footy that night was not just flamboyant, razzle dazzle as shown in other high scoring games...more playing through the opposition and winning the contacts and battle of attrition in the middle, displaying more punch than the finals when it was most needed and what wins Finals footy....not feeling it was Eels best performance, but definately Manly's and the battering especially defensively was on show for most of the 80 minutes...
As an example there were 2 defensive sets vs Souths in that final which were similar to the aggression vs Eels - and at both moments I thought "Hey we might be in this game".....
First it was an early set, where Keppie and Jake were cutting players in half and the other strangely enough was Walker off the bench and using high intensity collisions to lift the team....unfortunately that was the last of it and the game diminished from there....

Just my Perception

We have the size and the physical strength in the pack . That is not the issue

We need to play with more obsession and intensity of Hate

Hate losing that is .

I see us playing with loving to win

But I do not see us hating to lose with a passion

One example is Jake our choir boy in the pack hits hard but does not Hate hard enough

We nee to change our mindset into playing with the high intensity of Hate losing with a passion

We need to start playing with more hating to lose that loving to win

The most Humiliating part of the game is

Losing the game and shaking the winners hands

Losers do not belong in our Manly Jersey our our Legendary Manly winning culture

We have not won a Title since 2011 and that should not be acceptable

The 2022 season can not come soon enough for us to make amends and Glorify our Great club and put it on a pedestal as the number one club and the Greatest club where it proudly belongs !

We lack intensity and fitness. Our line speed in defence is poor and we don't physically dominate tackles. Look at south's. Their pack isn't full of mongrel either apart from kolomatangi. But their fitness and line speed is relentless. They are super fit. They should of won the grand final if not for an intercept and that was after conceding an avalanche of possession. Their defence was resilient and only lost by 2. If Manly was in their position we would of lost by 30. Fitness and desire are the two areas the coaches should focus on in the pre season.

We lack intensity and fitness.
I can't believe a DESpicable-coached team would be lacking in fitness. Anyone who followed his playing career will attest to him being the best trainer and fittest player of his era in RL. (Bozo Fulton was in an earlier generation).
As for 'intensity' you probably have a point, hence an earlier Forum item relating to "mongrel". I think the pack does need a Spudd Carroll type of prop. I thought we were cultivating one in Tenterfield but that possibility has flown to Brisbane.

For a reason though...they didn't turn up to fight the war.
This is the game where Keppie sent Nathan Brown into hiding after they went at it for 15 minutes....the game was pretty heated.
There's no problem having a difference of opinion on this stuff, but I'm very confident the resolve and aggression in that middle 3rd from Manly in that game, was clearly their best in 2021, including the Finals series.

This is the game where Keppie sent Nathan Brown into hiding after they went at it for 15 minutes....the game was pretty heated.
There's no problem having a difference of opinion on this stuff, but I'm very confident the resolve and aggression in that middle 3rd from Manly in that game, was clearly their best in 2021, including the Finals series.
They completely went off the boil for weeks and some commentators said 'put a line through em'. They were clearly lacking energy. When they started turning up again, they beat Melbourne. I reckon the Manly game was one of their poorest efforts for years. We did play well, granted, but against minimal resistance.

As long as you don't have a smile while shaking hands, ...that annoys me.
Either way shaking your smiling assassin hands and submitting to the defeat is sickening to watch

Every loss is sickening to watch when you are Manly supporter

Losing is not a Manly thing

Second, third and fourth is not a Manly thing

Manly prides them selves in being number one and the best

To be the best

We have to strive to be the best version of our selves

And we have not been the best version of Manly since 2011

Time to step up !!!

Show me a gracious loser and I’ll show you a failure

Time to step up and be number one where we belong !!!

Either way shaking your smiling assassin hands and submitting to the defeat is sickening to watch

Every loss is sickening to watch when you are Manly supporter

Losing is not a Manly thing

Second, third and fourth is not a Manly thing

Manly prides them selves in being number one and the best

To be the best

We have to strive to be the best version of our selves

And we have not been the best version of Manly since 2011

Time to step up !!!
With all due respects the 2011 team was in our golden period and contained players that were revered and feared. We're getting there and building on our feats of the season gone, we're on the rise and looking to go that next step up in 22.

With all due respects the 2011 team was in our golden period and contained players that were revered and feared. We're getting there and building on our feats of the season gone, we're on the rise and looking to go that next step up in 22.
With due respect we have not been the golden and supreme Eagles since 2011 and that should not be acceptable

Bozo's world view - everyone is a failure aside from one winner each year, so pretty much everyone is doomed to spend most of their lives as a failure.

Can it really be inspiring or motivating to be constantly telling people they are failures and losers?

Come on Bozo, own up! You don't believe this at all, do you?? :)

Fuck This Season 2 GIF by The Boys

With due respect we have not been the golden and supreme Eagles since 2011 and that should not be acceptable

Agree Bozo, the 2011 team was star studded 1 - 17, the NRL has changed so much since then, and we are the prototype of this new change of faster mobile forwards and exciting backs headed by Tom. Exciting times ahead Bozo...

Some of the best lessons are learnt when failing

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4