Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
from what i saw in the trial, both Alex Tui and Fifita showed more than ive seen out of burbo in general. burbo in not anywhere near the skills of his two brothers, he looks like a very avearage footballer, and you need to be better than that in the NRL.

from what i saw in the trial, both Alex Tui and Fifita showed more than ive seen out of burbo in general. burbo in not anywhere near the skills of his two brothers, he looks like a very avearage footballer, and you need to be better than that in the NRL.
Firstly, it's Alec Tuitavake not Alex. Second, he is injured and didn't play trials (I'm assuming you're mistaking him for Fainu?). Also, Fifita is playing as a middle forward, and Burbo is an edge player, so really can't compare. Finally, Burbo is progressing nicely, and will have a long career in the NRL

I said after the trial that he was showing that greatest of all attributes required by players ... desire ... his contract stance has just confirmed his determination ...

Don't know what his ceiling is ... but he is on a mission to improve ... Good luck and Godspeed to the lad ...
The jury in my head is still out coz I just haven't had the chance to see enough of him. He'll still only be getting bench rotation time (unless there is an injury) and will that be enough? Not sure. But I'm with you - his desire is certainly there and the contract decision is certainly a mature one.

He's certainly not in top 13 yet. Arguable in 17 and if he's not then he's not far away. But there are a lot of upsides with Burbo. He's young, seems to naturally have good cardio, and a tonne of heart. He obviously is a good trainer looking at his off season development. I thinks he'll just take a little longer than his brothers to develop. But once he's there he will be a real asset. He'll have great mentors in his older brothers, and he doesn't appear to be chasing dollars i.e he WANTS to be at Manly.

Trevor has a bit of work to do to be a regular , but there is no doubting his enthusiasm.

Strikes me as one of those “ fill in for a number of positions “ type player who will get plenty of game time due to injuries.

But as a forward he has to contend with those pushing from below , and he’s most at risk in that sense.

Trevor has a bit of work to do to be a regular , but there is no doubting his enthusiasm.

Strikes me as one of those “ fill in for a number of positions “ type player who will get plenty of game time due to injuries.

But as a forward he has to contend with those pushing from below , and he’s most at risk in that sense.

I love this 'Trevor' alluding to the Chappells. I suspect he'll be a little better than that, but I think the comment is justified when comparing to his brothers.

I love this 'Trevor' alluding to the Chappells. I suspect he'll be a little better than that, but I think the comment is justified when comparing to his brothers.
Yes I didn’t start that nick name but I think it’s appropriate.

Burbo is a little better than Trevor was but I do think he gets a few “ benefits “ due to his last name.

I wish him all the best, but he’s the one at most danger if the coach wants to bring one up.

Better than a bloke who played for his country in 23 international matches.

Lets hope so.

Burbo had a 'blinder' against the Tigpies at Brooky last year and even received 3 Dally M points for the game.

The question is can he hold his spot on the bench ahead of the others, in terms of a need for a back or forward?
Burbo's statistics strunned me for 2022, and while most of his attack metres probably came from the Tigers game, his tackle breaks are right up there in 2022 and even more so in 2023. When you look at Jake and Turbo, he's not quite built the same, however, he has a bit of both, so he could really surprise in 2023, with having bulked up.
Weekes has to be in the 17 to cover the halves and probably fullback plus, I guess the coaches see him also a substitute 9, although he'd be way below Lawton in my opinion when playing at 9. He reminds me a bit of Ben Barber and Phil Blake.
Keppie is probably the standout reserve prop, although he does have silly errors in his game and always seemingly at the wrong time/spot. It's not many, however, more so when and where he makes them. He may be a sacrificial lamb if he doesn't get rid of the silly stuff.
Bullemor has shown enough so far this year that he will be a great impact player off the bench, now that Seibs has him playing in the middle. He has a low error rate, his miss tackle rate and his run metres is about equal to Keppie, however, his leg speed is better, and so he tends to break more tackles.
Lawton's stats indicate he has an inpressive low error rate and his metres are around 9m per carry, and he breaks the line regularly. He covers basically all the forward positions and missed just 1 tackle in all the games he played last year.
Toff 's passion is undeniable and yet for his size, he averages around 8m per run, however, rarely breaks the line, his tackle efficiency is okay, although he gives away more penalties than others, yes, even Jake.
Fifita is an enigma, as some of the stuff he did in the trials was so exciting, however, then he'd go missing for a while. He seems to have huge potential and it's probably why the Dragons are chasing him. The question is, where does he fit? He can play everything but hooker in the forwards, but who does he replace? In my opinion, he has to replace someone in the backrow as he's almost like a David Fifita with his energy, so that probably means Bullemor, and if Bullemor is leaving at the end of the season. so be it.
Tuitavake will be playing first grade by year's end, as he's a huge talent, once he is free of injury. I don't think it's a case of who he'll replace, it will just be injury to our other props and he will be a revelation.

Just my thoughts and feel free to disagree!

Burbo had a 'blinder' against the Tigpies at Brooky last year and even received 3 Dally M points for the game.

The question is can he hold his spot on the bench ahead of the others, in terms of a need for a back or forward?
Burbo's statistics strunned me for 2022, and while most of his attack metres probably came from the Tigers game, his tackle breaks are right up there in 2022 and even more so in 2023. When you look at Jake and Turbo, he's not quite built the same, however, he has a bit of both, so he could really surprise in 2023, with having bulked up.
Weekes has to be in the 17 to cover the halves and probably fullback plus, I guess the coaches see him also a substitute 9, although he'd be way below Lawton in my opinion when playing at 9. He reminds me a bit of Ben Barber and Phil Blake.
Keppie is probably the standout reserve prop, although he does have silly errors in his game and always seemingly at the wrong time/spot. It's not many, however, more so when and where he makes them. He may be a sacrificial lamb if he doesn't get rid of the silly stuff.
Bullemor has shown enough so far this year that he will be a great impact player off the bench, now that Seibs has him playing in the middle. He has a low error rate, his miss tackle rate and his run metres is about equal to Keppie, however, his leg speed is better, and so he tends to break more tackles.
Lawton's stats indicate he has an inpressive low error rate and his metres are around 9m per carry, and he breaks the line regularly. He covers basically all the forward positions and missed just 1 tackle in all the games he played last year.
Toff 's passion is undeniable and yet for his size, he averages around 8m per run, however, rarely breaks the line, his tackle efficiency is okay, although he gives away more penalties than others, yes, even Jake.
Fifita is an enigma, as some of the stuff he did in the trials was so exciting, however, then he'd go missing for a while. He seems to have huge potential and it's probably why the Dragons are chasing him. The question is, where does he fit? He can play everything but hooker in the forwards, but who does he replace? In my opinion, he has to replace someone in the backrow as he's almost like a David Fifita with his energy, so that probably means Bullemor, and if Bullemor is leaving at the end of the season. so be it.
Tuitavake will be playing first grade by year's end, as he's a huge talent, once he is free of injury. I don't think it's a case of who he'll replace, it will just be injury to our other props and he will be a revelation.

Just my thoughts and feel free to disagree!
Wonderful summation, agree with every bit. Only thing I'd add is with Burbos' added size it looks like he is transitioning from Centre/Edge to Edge/Middle.

Or on the flipside if he has a breakout he could earn considerably more coin.

Id imagine he is backing himself rather then thinking about scraping a spot in a 17 somewhere
More than likely he, his family, and manager have expectations that this year will be his break out year. By season's end, he may be worth a lot more. Fingers crossed, but good signs coming from within

Burbo contract extension.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have extended the contract of talented back-rower Ben Trbojevic.

Off contract at the end of this season, the Sea Eagles have given the 21-year-old a one-year extension.

He is a hard worker and will be great for us once he is physically ready which for me is 2024 onwards .His physicality and speed should be good to cover both the centre and second row by then . For now he is doing fine playing some minutes from the bench this year .

He is ticking along ok without excelling. Hopefully we see a breakout performance soon

I rate Burbo an improved footy player, but find it hard getting excited about his prospects.
Still find it hard to see him make an impact at all, is he maybe that lanky backrower who will grind each week and do a job ?
The Penrith bloke Yeo was a late bloomer and these tradesman type players are more noticed by team mates, than us fans.
It must be tough for the kid to come into the Manly side after his brothers Tom and Jake, as the bar is at a level I think he will struggle to reach....but hey guess what, he has definitely improved and if he continues to do so, may be a solid player that every NRL 17 needs who is not eating up a heap of salary cap space.

It wouldn't be easy for Burbo to have the Trbojevic name with Jake & Tom for brothers. He's obviously, and admitted to, bulking up in the off-season with the hope of establishing himself permanently in 1st grade. He's taken a leaf out of Jake's book and certainly isn't short on effort and is giving it his best shot to make it himself.

Interesting he's only been extended for 1 year, but I say good luck to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4