Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't tell Bozo that, he only likes to use the speed excuse to rip into his pet hate players. I'm sure he was looking the other way when Turbo got burnt down the touchline, and shortly after, gave up the chase... just like he stopped chasing the intercept against Cobbo. Sssshhhh!

Lets see, last 3 weeks

A Tigers prop forward caught Turbo before he pass to DCE

Cobbo left Turbo gasping for air after he burnt him for speed.

Cronulla 2nd rower goes past Turbo as if he is Woods.

If he was a horse, he would be retired and out to stud.

Burbo has looked decent the last 2 weeks but remember this has only been late in the game where the opposition has already had it won and taken their foot off the pedal. Outside of the Tigers game last year (and that's the Tigers) Burbo hasn't really put in a strong 80 minute performance for us in his career.

With that said I am desperate to see the back of Parker and Tuilagi so if Burbo could take either of their spots I'd be happy. It's a small and easy change to make but after we stayed 1-17 following the Broncos loss I'm starting to feel the same way about Seibold's team selections as I did with Des's

Burbo has looked decent the last 2 weeks but remember this has only been late in the game where the opposition has already had it won and taken their foot off the pedal. Outside of the Tigers game last year (and that's the Tigers) Burbo hasn't really put in a strong 80 minute performance for us in his career.

With that said I am desperate to see the back of Parker and Tuilagi so if Burbo could take either of their spots I'd be happy. It's a small and easy change to make but after we stayed 1-17 following the Broncos loss I'm starting to feel the same way about Seibold's team selections as I did with Des's
This is where we're at though, JakeyB789: any player who shows a modicum of effort and desire is automatically an upgrade on the current dross. Burbo has shown some nice hands and good timing over the last few weeks, so I'm happy to see him get a proper run, preferably in the back row.

To be fair, in his 20 matches for Manly he has played off the bench 17 times.

In the 3 times he started, 2nd row twice and centre once. He was MOM playing 2nd row last year vs Wests.

He has never been given the opportunity to play 40 minutes, let alone 80.

Wouldn’t say he will cement his spot, but this is his chance to line up in the starting side, can‘t see who else replaces Kelma given Fainu seems unliked. If he grabs this opportunity it may be hard for Kelma to find his way back in, it’s all up to Ben, it’s obvious he wants it, so I hope he takes it.

You know why Burbo looks ok at the moment. Because the other useless rejects all look so bad. Deadset we are clutching at straws now.

Not sure there should even be a debate on this one. Ben is already 10 times the player Tuilagi is. Technically speaking, he does all the right things but it's his attitude that really stands him head and shoulders above the majority of our squad. One of the few shining lights this season

All he needs to do is become a technically skilled defender and run the odd decent line. Then if he's fit enough and goes hard he should get the spot on that side, I mean his competition is Tui.

If Shuey is going to be our 5/8 unfortunately he needs a "protector" style defender to look after him and make his life simple in defence. Especially close to the line. If Burbo can work out how to become that guy it will be a perfect natural fit for our team. He should study the guys that have done it before. Think Shaun Fensom, Tony Carrol, Nathan Hindmarsh, The Great Beaver, etc.

reminds me of saab in that he looks more physically capable than last year.

if he continues his upward trend somewhat, i suggest he will pass tuilagi in team worth . his worker style game needed more grunt and it appears he got some

good luck to burbo. Hard acts to follow these brothers

reminds me of saab in that he looks more physically capable than last year.

if he continues his upward trend somewhat, i suggest he will pass tuilagi in team worth . his worker style game needed more grunt and it appears he got some

good luck to burbo. Hard acts to follow these brothers
Yeah, I was a bit shocked how big he looked when I saw him at field level yesterday for the warm up. I would have said the same about following the brothers last year but he's almost caught one of them already ...... unfortunately.

Given his upward trajectory we can’t surely call him Trevor anymore. Thoughts anyone? How about Kerrod as in Kerrod Walters 🤷‍♂️ best I can come up with.

Burbo, like Koula, Weekes, Chan, Samuela Fainu, is a work in progress. Cant expect championship displays this early. They just need the experience to develop their skills and adapt to the big league. Each of them has loads of potential. Patience. They offer more than some of the players we have.

Don't tell Bozo that, he only likes to use the speed excuse to rip into his pet hate players. I'm sure he was looking the other way when Turbo got burnt down the touchline, and shortly after, gave up the chase... just like he stopped chasing the intercept against Cobbo. Sssshhhh!
Dont sssssshhhh me feathered friend , I heard you loud and clear :)

And it is quite clear that Turbo still has the speed. He is just not extending

All he needs to do is become a technically skilled defender and run the odd decent line. Then if he's fit enough and goes hard he should get the spot on that side, I mean his competition is Tui.

If Shuey is going to be our 5/8 unfortunately he needs a "protector" style defender to look after him and make his life simple in defence. Especially close to the line. If Burbo can work out how to become that guy it will be a perfect natural fit for our team. He should study the guys that have done it before. Think Shaun Fensom, Tony Carrol, Nathan Hindmarsh, The Great Beaver, etc.

LOL

Schu and Burbo have played most of their juniors together. They will not have an issue getting the teamwork back, and quickly.

These two will be the closest we get to Lyon/beaver partnership.

LOL

Schu and Burbo have played most of their juniors together. They will not have an issue getting the teamwork back, and quickly.

These two will be the closest we get to Lyon/beaver partnership.
That’s great. NRL isn’t junior league. It’s not just about scoring tries.

Looks like he is now more prepared to get into the grind of things Used to be a fairly mobile lad in the juniors and should not have lost too much of that as he has developed a bit , be good if he could use that to good effect on an edge . Always has seemed eager off field to be part of the action , won 't get a better opportunity then right now to show it on the footy field . .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4