Do you smell another Manly Dynasty coming ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am willing to see how we finish off 2023 but so far, losing faith the more games we play.....if the house building has Tom Talau as our Star off season signing, we could be in for a rough ride.
Seibold could have chose not to sign Cooper Johns, but did it anyway...that was his first big red flag.

Seibold could have chose not to sign Cooper Johns, but did it anyway...that was his first big red flag.
Hmm..Johns is a minimum contract guy, who in a perfect world would have played 2 or 3 games over origin.

Why is signing a good character depth guy to a train and trial contract a red flag?

In hindsight Johns looked a shrewd signing after that first game vs Bulldogs, but been very ordinary since.
Thing is, he is decent on a low grade contract, was never going to be a Top class signing, more just to do a job which admittedly could have been better.

In hindsight Johns looked a shrewd signing after that first game vs Bulldogs, but been very ordinary since.
Thing is, he is decent on a low grade contract, was never going to be a Top class signing, more just to do a job which admittedly could have been better.
Ineffective recruits are a waste of cap space
Space that should be filled with effective players that make a winning difference
These players do not have to be a BIG buy . They only have to be a SHREWD buy .
And The Salary cap is only as affective as the Shrewd people in the club

The Moral of the Cap space ...
Create space for Greater things
If you want to become Greater

Hmm..Johns is a minimum contract guy, who in a perfect world would have played 2 or 3 games over origin.

Why is signing a good character depth guy to a train and trial contract a red flag?
He was the cover for both Shu and DCE so he was going to play more games than the origin series, and when that didnt work out , Seibs signed Arthur.

He only looked good during the trials....when GCKT was hooker.

He was the cover for both Shu and DCE so he was going to play more games than the origin series, and when that didnt work out , Seibs signed Arthur.
I just don't get that it is a red flag signing a guy on minimum contract who is of good character.

He's a depth guy that looked ok initially but hasn't worked out.

A red flag signing would be a bad egg like Matt Lodge on decent wedge.

I just don't get that it is a red flag signing a guy on minimum contract who is of good character.

He's a depth guy that looked ok initially but hasn't worked out.

A red flag signing would be a bad egg like Matt Lodge on decent wedge.
The red flag is more about the coach's decision making rather than the player's character.

Last edited:
He only looked good during the trials....when GCKT was hooker.
He went ok in trials, but always a very rough guide......still felt he played a solid game vs Dogs just playing mistake free footy and was involved in some good attack on that left edge.
Unfortunately some tougher games since then have caught him out and as an average 5/8 behind a team getting beaten up across the park, no real suprises I don't think.

Your happy with Woods, Arthur and Talou?
Haven’t seen Talau in Manly colours yet, I think Arthur needs to be given more time to show his wares, he was far from our worst last week, Woods isn't much chop but after this season he will be a memory like a good number of players that have been sucking money for fck all effort over past seasons

Haven’t seen Talau in Manly colours yet, I think Arthur needs to be given more time to show his wares, he was far from our worst last week, Woods isn't much chop but after this season he will be a memory like a good number of players that have been sucking money for fck all effort over past seasons
I can see the Woods signing was necessary so that unless you are down to your last man he is the guy that will be called upon when there's no one else...the problem is, we aren't down to our last guy and there's guys who are better,fresh and fit that are stuck behind him.

Letting Seibold build his own roster is a house of cards ready to collapse.
Which version?

41277F16-794E-4802-BE27-E7D8DA348B21.jpeg

9B99ABBF-BB15-467B-A778-E30788CBEBB9.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7