Do we let Taupau go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At least he bends the line as he has done since he signed with us.....rated along with AFB best front row pairing not so long ago. As for Jake the turtle.....not much to say really! Oh yeah he gets paid a lot for not doing much!
We see things completely opposite,you and me ,hahah.
( Which one is mad ,I don't know )...

I don't see him bend the line often enough and can't remember when he last broke the line .
And we can't even compare the two in defence workrate ,although must admit ,haven't seen Jake fold guys in two much lately.

Thought I'd bump this back up. Interesting reading through the comments. Wonder how many have changed their minds now!!!
I was one at the beginning of the year who was firmly in Marty's corner. I felt no way could we lose him and AFB and I thought he would have a huge year with more focus on him and the team relying on him with AFB gone. But yes I don't see him bending the line and his offloads have dried up. Has he lost his skill... no. Has he lost his passion/enthusiasm and coming off the long run from the boundary like he does when he is playing well... it seems like it. It is not as easy as oh lets get rid of him. We need a quality replacement at the right money again always the ying and the yang. Could that be Saddler - yes. But we would also need a good back up besides Keppie. Also depends on how much freight of the contract we will have to pay to have another side take him. Will be at least $200k. But at the moment he is barely just serviceable.

We see things completely opposite,you and me ,hahah.
( Which one is mad ,I don't know )...

I don't see him bend the line often enough and can't remember when he last broke the line .
And we can't even compare the two in defence workrate ,although must admit ,haven't seen Jake fold guys in two much lately.
Greg Alexander commented last week that Marty benefited greatly from taking the next hit up after AFB. The line had already been bent. Astute observation I think. Now that AFB is gone we see the result.......

How many other teams run an 80 minute lock ?? Not many off the top of my head. Maybe we need Jake to go more for quality than quantity. His work rate in attack isn't as high as some as his peers because he passes more than he runs these days. Maybe if he plays 60-65 minutes we get better value out of his talents.
Of the top sides Radley, Yeow and Finucane spring to mind as 80 minute players but Murray has a break for the bunnies. Raiders thirteen Tapine or Lui get a break too I think.

If Marty wants to leave, and the target team pays full freight (and even better a possible player swap), then make it happen.

If he wants to stay, improve the roster around him, and encourage him to be a senior leader, and try and be a team first player, rather than individual first.

Of the top sides Radley, Yeow and Finucane spring to mind as 80 minute players but Murray has a break for the bunnies. Raiders thirteen Tapine or Lui get a break too I think.
Yeow and Finucane would be great, Radley injury-prone...

imo what we need are a couple of consistent, no-frills and low price-tag forwards that eat metres and don't get injured... your Leeson Ah Mau, Francis Molo, Bunty Afoa type players...

then you need some ball-playing forwards like Yeow, Lane, Leilua, Sims to compliment those (I left Matterson out cause we want blokes who want to be here to build something and are not just in it for themselves - which I fear is Marty's issue)

imo what we need are a couple of consistent, no-frills and low price-tag forwards that eat metres and don't get injured... your Leeson Ah Mau, Francis Molo, Bunty Afoa type players...

then you need some ball-playing forwards like Yeow, Lane, Leilua, Sims to compliment those (I left Matterson out cause we want blokes who want to be here to build something and are not just in it for themselves - which I fear is Marty's issue)

Modern day versions of Shane Rodney and Tom Symonds.

Sua should be target number 1. Hits like a sledgehammer and runs great lines. Everything our lot don’t do.

If Marty wants to leave, and the target team pays full freight (and even better a possible player swap), then make it happen.

If he wants to stay, improve the roster around him, and encourage him to be a senior leader, and try and be a team first player, rather than individual first.

Did u see the telegraph article this morning.
Marty was the one who wanted to test the market. Manly said go ahead.
Not one team wants to pay him the 800k that Manly r paying him.

He is here to stay, as nothing in it for Manly to subsidise his salary to another team.

Why do we keep paying overs for so many of our players?

Did u see the telegraph article this morning.
Marty was the one who wanted to test the market. Manly said go ahead.
Not one team wants to pay him the 800k that Manly r paying him.

He is here to stay, as nothing in it for Manly to subsidise his salary to another team.

Why do we keep paying overs for so many of our players?
I do like Marty but has he ever been worth $800k?
I don't know but is any forward worth over $800k? Maybe Taumalolo? but we have 2 forwards earning that.

I do like Marty but has he ever been worth $800k?
I don't know but is any forward worth over $800k? Maybe Taumalolo? but we have 2 forwards earning that.
Marty is not on $800k mate.....he’s on less than $750k for a start. The other one you speak of (Jake he plodder) is on $950k & is worth only 1/2 that figure.

Marty is not on $800k mate.....he’s on less than $750k for a start. The other one you speak of (Jake he plodder) is on $950k & is worth only 1/2 that figure.
I've just been reading all the news about $800K. Thought it may be too much.

I've just been reading all the news about $800K. Thought it may be too much.
Typical media mate...... I hope he snaps out of his hibernation soon coz he is a good prop. I also hope SuperCoach allows him to play his normal game pre 2020!

Typical media mate...... I hope he snaps out of his hibernation soon coz he is a good prop. I also hope SuperCoach allows him to play his normal game pre 2020!
At this point I'd rather have the old aggresive Marty back even though he may risk get suspended. Better than the current Marty who looks like his mind is elsewhere.

I do not think Marty has been quite the same since he suffered that ugly head high tackle against the Warriors last year, he got a nasty concussion and was out for while as a result.

He is missing AFB for sure and I think the losing culture that has engulfed the club is not helping.

To say we need a win is a gross understatement. We need a lift from this terminal gloom!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4