Do we let Taupau go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In hindsight maybe would have been better to not resign the Trbos. With their money we could have signed another good FB as well as a couple of wingers & forward! Sorry mate but we let Marty & Walker go next year will be the same if not worse than this year.

Walker has averaged 12.5 games per season in his last 3 seasons for us, so not sure what difference that would make. He is the very definition of busted. Letting him go and spending the cash in a position of need (5/8 or a 9) would 100% be an upgrade.

Last edited:
What a funny thread. As if you let your best players go.

You do when the playing field isn't even. The best Manly teams of the last 20 years have had their cap evenly spread amongst a core group of around 10 players.

Teams with 4-5 players on big money and the rest on peanuts rarely win comps.

If you are going to build an extremely top-heavy roster you better hope and pray said players are amongst the top 10 players in the NRL (fun fact, we have Tom in the top 10 and that's it).

The Storm got away with this for a while because:

a) They were largely cheating the cap
and
b) they had arguably the greatest hooker and fullback ever to play the game, and the best halfback (at the time).

We aren't that far off the spoon this year. Marty has played all season.

We are much closer to the spoon than the top 4, that's for sure.
Yeah & that’s Marty’s fault lolololol
Anyway we’re not gonna agree so best leave it.

Marty is a gun. Side looks totally different when he is on the field and when he is off. Would not even think about moving him on.
We have too many centres and on good money
Walker, Suli, Parker, Funa, Hoppa, Harper

I agree Marty is a gun, I am firm of the belief that Walker should be moved on as a priority. My concern is the cap hold against Marty/AFB/Jake is huge.

What sort of money are those centres on? Am genuinely curious. I would have thought Harper was minimum. I know Suli is reportedly on $550,000 which is crazy for his level of output.

Yeah & that’s Marty’s fault lolololol
Anyway we’re not gonna agree so best leave it.

I wasn't implying that at all. Please re-read what I wrote.

manlyfan76 attributed our almost getting the spoon to Trent wanting to get rid of Marty. As if there were no other contributing factors??

When deciding who to keep the first question to ask is
Who does there job and who doesnt ?
Marty does his
jake does 3 jobs
Afb does his

You could see throughout the last few weeks, I was watching live AFB was just not himself, I think he knew he wanted a change weeks ago.

Marty to me seems to have a real connection with most players.

Sad to see AFB go and wish him all the best but the club I love is always going to be bigger than one player.
I have a feeling he doesnt see eye to eye with des.. along with possibly the fainu, haumole and moses. Just a hunch. That and he realised our money is tied up in players always injured or perhaps he believes won't deliver a premiership?

I have a feeling he doesnt see eye to eye with des.. along with possibly the fainu, haumole and moses. Just a hunch.
I agree sadly I can see all wanting out of our club, this gang culture is not what does would want.

As I said before I wish AFB all the best, I think if he is injury free and does land at warriors, this with them probably playing all games at home warriors become a serious top 8 team.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4