Do we let Taupau go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In terms of ability, Taupau should have gone before AFB.
In terms of being a better human/clubman, Taupau is the keeper.

I was keen on Taupau leaving due to his value for money but now, with AFB going, his stocks increase and we are free to spend AFBs money elsewhere to strengthen our depth.

This simple redirection of salary cap could help us plug our depth issues and am now excited about the future.

Ps - Taupau always plays better when AFB is out and he’s forced to be the top dog.

Bring on 2021.
Well said

I love that Marty is always evolving and trying to improve as a player.. to see him control his aggro over the years, be more disciplined in his offloads, challenge himself defensively, and now introduce a short passing game before the line, etc, speaks volumes of his attitude. Still an absolute weapon, a dynamo in the gym, and a great role model for our younger front-rowers. AFB is a beast, but I reckon Marty will better adapt to the rule changes, and offer more to Manly as a whole. He should retire one day in the maroon and white

If the figures bandied about by the media are to be believed, it appears AFB was on a higher salary than Marty ($850k/pa vs $600/650k/pa)?

I hate this thread. If I was Marty I would find it offensive. These players are people with feelings and some of the posters on here are incredibility insensitive. Players are paid what the club had agreed to pay them. Don't blame the players for their salary blame the club. BTW I reckon Marty is worth the money he is paid and IMO is a keeper. Not only is he a good player, he is a good club man and a decent human being. Sadly players with all of these attributes are becoming rare commodities with more and more self entitled individuals making the headlines. Ditch this crap thread!

Marty walks to the beat of his own drum but he has his head switched on. His game is evolving and I think with AFB gone we will see a more dominant Kapow. He is a must keep and I’d give him more responsibility as a leader.

I hate this thread. If I was Marty I would find it offensive. These players are people with feelings and some of the posters on here are incredibility insensitive. Players are paid what the club had agreed to pay them. Don't blame the players for their salary blame the club. BTW I reckon Marty is worth the money he is paid and IMO is a keeper. Not only is he a good player, he is a good club man and a decent human being. Sadly players with all of these attributes are becoming rare commodities with more and more self entitled individuals making the headlines. Ditch this crap thread!
he is a leader which is good. Stick by my preference of AFB on the playing field, AFB has been far better but a silver lining of him leaving is that Marty is a genuine leader, and as you said, a decent human being. AFB does have bikie links and did go to jail for assault on a partner so maybe we backed the right horse long term...

Happy the club have stuck by real leaders with good personalities i.e. DCE, Trbo x2 and Marty.

Still sad to see AFB go because IMO the best prop in the comp... but there are clearly more pressing issues at play than what is happening on the pitch, so we could come out better than before from this.

Hope Marty takes this as a way to step up, take the reigns back (that were probably taken from him by AFB the last year or two) and play high quality footy.

Where's @ricardo these days? (just saw his post above). I enjoyed his contribution.

If Marty can find a three year deal (2022-2024) he will leave. For his sake, I hope he finds that deal. Ultimately, I am unconcerned if he is not at Manly.

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yeah let’s get rid of Marty & keep Jake Turtlebojevič.......if Marty offers nothing then bloody hell we’re in real trouble with Trbojevič. Definitely overpaid for what he offers to the team.

Last edited:
He leads his team of one.
At least he bends the line as he has done since he signed with us.....rated along with AFB best front row pairing not so long ago. As for Jake the turtle.....not much to say really! Oh yeah he gets paid a lot for not doing much!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4