Do we let Taupau go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I said 2 years ago we should NOT re sign him and all this talk again about us not having any money Taupau surely has to be looked at. We have quality props not getting game time, we have Jake who is a prop, we have Saddler coming through. We are way too prop heavy! Taupau should be let go and help us sign in the positions we are lacking. Dragons are supposedly looking at Taupau and have also stated that they want a player swap to let Saab go, Saab is someone we have expressed interest in and could be a good swap and free up a lot of coin. We desperately need to find a starting hooker and some strike out wide. As it stands we cannot afford what we need so something/someone has to give.
Saab has been a long time on my hit list and other outside backs include:
Katoa
Jennings
Hiku
And most importantly if we can't get rid of this stand down policy and get Fainu back we desperately need a hooker!
I can live with Walker at 5/8 if we add say Saab and Hiku to our backline and a quality #9
EDIT option 2 which is obviously my preferred option: sign a 5/8 and lush walker to centre which means we could get away with adding just one back
My 2 preferred options are:
Burton
Foran

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Hiku/ Walker
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Walker/ Foran- Burton
7. Chez
8. Paseka
9. ......
10 AFB
11. Olakau-atu
12. Siro
13. Jake
14. Cust
15. Keppie
16. Sipley
17. Schuster

Backs Depth
Parker
Hoppa
Garrick
Harper
Forwards depth
Boyle
Saddler
Gosiewski
Tittmus
T rex (cos he's cheap)
Half/hooker depth
Metcalfe
Croker
ZDC
Fainu

Last edited:
I said 2 years ago we should NOT re sign him and all this talk again about us not having any money Taupau surely has to be looked at. We have quality props not getting game time, we have Jake who is a prop, we have Saddler coming through. We are way too prop heavy! Taupau should be let go and help us sign in the positions we are lacking. Dragons are supposedly looking at Taupau and have also stated that they want a player swap to let Saab go, Saab is someone we have expressed interest in and could be a good swap and free up a lot of coin. We desperately need to find a starting hooker and some strike out wide. As it stands we cannot afford what we need so something/someone has to give.
Saab has been a long time on my hit list and other outside backs include:
Katoa
Jennings
Hiku
And most importantly if we can't get rid of this stand down policy and get Fainu back we desperately need a hooker!
I can live with Walker at 5/8 if we add say Saab and Hiku to our backline and a quality #9
1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Hiku
4. Suli
5. Funa
6. Walker
7. Chez
8. Paseka
9. ......
10 AFB
11. Olakau-atu
12. Siro
13. Jake
14. Cust
15. Keppie
16. Sipley
17. Schuster

Backs Depth
Parker
Hoppa
Garrick
Harper
Forwards depth
Boyle
Saddler
Gosiewski
Tittmus
T rex (cos he's cheap)
Half/hooker depth
Metcalfe
Croker
ZDC
Fainu
Release Jake & we’re good. Offers nothing in attack, is good for penalties & numerous 6 again calls. We have better options than Jake! Definitely not worth the $900,000 he’s on! Marty is worth every cent & one of the best props going around. In what way is Jake a better prop? What are his stats compared to Marty? He doesn’t come close in any way or in any statistic apart from tackles made! This get rid of Marty agenda has become boring! Our salary cap is not a mess coz of Marty...It was strained with the DCE signing but it’s a mess because of the Trbojevics resigning!

Last edited:
We lack experience. He may make a good captain. The team needs leadership and maybe team tapau is ready to rise to that challenge

I think he has plenty to offer. I think the boys would follow him because he gives them something to follow.

We are very prop heavy, Des even played Guaca off the bench in the middle.

Sipley, Boyle, AFB, Marty, Tent, Keppie, Jake, T-Rex, Saddler and Titmuss the development front rowers. Add Tuitavake and S Fainu who will be looking for development contracts.

You look at the numbers of big men we have now where the game is about speed, someone has to go.

If it’s Marty or others we have way to many front rowers. Could offload 3 or 4 of them with the game now for more athletic mobile players.

No, silly suggestion IMO

One of the top 5 props in the game and performs week in and out.

Saab, Saddler.....may be good, may play 5 games and be bums

Nothing surer qe let him go and this tome next year we are bemoaning that AFB has no support and that we have two much money tied up in wingers

Release Jake & we’re good. Offers nothing in attack, is good for penalties & numerous 6 again calls. We have better options than Jake! Definitely not worth the $900,000 he’s on! Marty is worth every cent & one of the best props going around. In what way is Jake a better prop? What are his stats compared to Marty? He doesn’t come close in any way or in any statistic apart from tackles made! This get rid of Marty agenda has become boring! Our salary cap is not a mess coz of Marty...It was strained with the DCE signing but it’s a mess because of the Trbojevics resigning!
Jake needs to goto prop.. i cant believe he is on 900k that is ridiculous

Whilst he has not been the best forward the club has had this season he's without doubt the second best. I like him & would keep him - 650 may be a 150K too much but it is what it is. Same with DCE.

I think that right now we are all pretty emotional and cut up by what we are seeing from the team and how exposed we are in so many facets of the game.

I think that Marty does some good things and I would rather see him coming off the bench. We lose so much when both he and AFB are off the field and we need to balance that more.

The imbalance of our salary cap is an issue.

Jake is clearly struggling at the moment and I do wonder if hes carrying an injury? His body language betrays his feelings at the moment.

We are stuck with this outrageious DCE contract and we have some big holes in the team especially our 9. This is what is really hindering us right now.

I would hope that the next four weeks is used as a trial and at the end of it some decisions are made about the future. We cannot afford to carry passengers next season like we are now!

Jakes skills are wasted at prop, he is the Australian lock and not the problem.

I get it, we are losing, he is a bit down on form and he isn't a highlight reel player but we lose him and we would quickly discover what we are missing
He used to be more involved in attack.. now he's become the new Paul Gallen of the nrl. Stifles the attack and doesn't really bend the line

I get it, we are losing, he is a bit down on form and he isn't a highlight reel player but we lose him and we would quickly discover what we are missing
I agree on this one but 900k is overs imo. Love Jake tho one of my favs each week. Really interesting watching live as he was absolutely gassed and walking back slowly at times. He needs to be rested for a bit imo. Could do him wonders and the team. Des should try mixing the forward rotation up a bit. Perhaps move the pieces around a bit. Siro is busted. Maybe give him a spell in game and move Marty to an edge. Can’t hurt now to start mixing things up a bit. Nothing to lose.

He used to be more involved in attack.. now he's become the new Paul Gallen of the nrl. Stifles the attack and doesn't really bend the line
Live he looks sharp Biff but I agree on tv he looks a bit pedestrian and stifling. Missing Fainu this year I think we all agree has f$&@ed us. Tom too. I think most know that fully fit this side contends with all. Key players go down and we are bottom 4.

Same with Marty!!!!

I agree Jake doesnt need to play 80min every week.
How many other teams run an 80 minute lock ?? Not many off the top of my head. Maybe we need Jake to go more for quality than quantity. His work rate in attack isn't as high as some as his peers because he passes more than he runs these days. Maybe if he plays 60-65 minutes we get better value out of his talents.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4