Do Manly need to bring some players from NSW Cup into 1st Grade?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Status Quo

Reserve Grader
Watching Sea Eagles 1st Grade team play today made me very sad and depressed.
I know that I need to see a Psychologist after watching Manly play so badly, though may be the Players do as well.
I mean who was the guy wearing the #1 Jersey, has he played the game b4??
The guy wearing the #7 Jersey looked very disoriented too.
They looked as though they didn't know each other or never played together b4.
Was there a prize for the Player that could drop the ball the most??

From very early on in my youth I realised that Manly teams not only need to beat their opposition players, they need to overcome the apalling Refereeing decisions.

I haven't seen all the Manly games since 1947, though that has to be one of the worst in the Club's history.

We should go back and clone the team that beat Penrith 70-7 in 1973.

Go Manly!!!

Old mate clearly didn't watch the NSW Cup game today.
No, Old mate did watch the NSW Cup game today.
Even though they got flogged 38-10, there were a few players that I would promote to 1st Grade.
Parker, Bullemor, Wakeham, Woods, Schuster??
Woods needs to 'channel' Beetson and offload the ball in tackles.
Schuster needs to run some angles and draw the defence before offloading.
Parker, Bullemor, Wakeham just need to keep doing what they're doing.
Just a thought, open for healthy discussion.

Even though they got flogged 38-10, there were a few players that I would promote to 1st Grade.

Aaron Woods and first grade does not make for a healthy discussion.

You clearly didn’t watch the reggies if you’re suggesting Schuster and Woods and I’d suggest you’ve never watched League if you’re throwing Wakeham’s name into the mix

Gordie didn't have a perfect game but still looked like he might be able to inject something different from 14 when we are struggling.

Obviously the reserves struggled too but after that game we surely need to consider a few changes to try and freshen things up

• Bully on the bench for Waddell. Admittedly Bully was probably the least effective of the middles to start the season, but he was one of our more consistent players last year and didn’t really deserve to be dropped. Offers something a little different with his leg speed which I think we could have used yesterday
  • Waddell to start for Burbo. Ideally Schuster would have this spot but as one of the few fans left of his he really does need to start earning it, and Waddell can hold it down in the meantime. The shine since the trials and Vegas has well and truly come off for Burbo and he needs to go
  • Humphries/GCKT in for Lawton. Love Lawton and he did a good job to start the year, but said at the time he was too similar to Croker and it’s starting to show. Time to inject some youth

I think our forward depth is pretty strong and excited to see where Lodge fits in when he’s back (definitely in the 17), but the backs are a big worry. With Garrick in the centres and Saab out we need to play 2 of Paulo/Talau/Vaega every week. Any good team will take advantage of that and we have a couple of them coming up.

Most of the really good NSW cup players are playing with the dragons or the tigers.

Missed the i st half hour and just as well , played just as poorly as i st grade .
Faualo looks a natural and good all round footy player , could come into contention as a i st grade centre , wing option if needed latter and of course can cover full back as well
Not too sure what Shu did in the i st 30 minutes but a bit pedestrian after that apart from a couple of reasonable clearing passes and got into a bit of defensive work .
Seemed just too high a mistake rate to allow the likes of Parker to maybe do a bit better but noticed James with some strong go forward but doubt any i st grade consideration yet
Humphries and Arthur may have done better earlier in the match , Woods looks like he can still be a bit useful , well at that level . Gordie seems like he can still be lively at times .
Very ordinary [ and probably in the first 30 as well ] Maybe young Hoppa started and he no doubt is a good prospect but as disappointing as the i st grade side was , not much to offer from Blacktown on yesterday's effort . Tippytoes may have been a better option then Ray Ray in the Manly ranks but being paid a bit more money no doubt a factor in him being moved on

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8