Disgusting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not a single person who is claiming some people aren't "true supporters" or are writing the team off too early are willing to accept that ever since the media talk of players wanting out and unrest amongst the squad we've gone from 4-6 points clear to being smashed by average outfits since the warriors game.

Keep calling people names and saying they aren't fans. But for goodness sake at least look at whats actually happening. Nothing points to the side that was going to romp the premiership home 8 weeks ago.

Something is amiss and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to add up the obvious.

All Watmough did all night was walk around strutting how tough he his ,'I'm worth heaps of money I'm worth heaps of money ... him off...!

Mavin said:
bones said:
Ryan said:
We just dont have pride nor commitment in our performances anymore. Its very un manly like. We are undoing the legacy we built up over the past few years.

We undid that by treating a club legend like he was piece of ....

Where were all these crocodile tears for Kite when he was forced out? or what about Menzies or Robbo (I can go on) the fact is we have a salary cap and this club is bigger than any player. I'm more disappointed in these players who are so offended with the treatment of Gifty but said nothing when there other team mates have had to leave over the years. We have let a clique develop in the club and when one of the clique has been shown the door (because of the cap) they have spat the dummy.

Kite and Robbo weren't one club men and Menzies never played against Manly. Some players should never play against manly and Glenn was one of them. The club f---ed up.

Yeah the forwards weren't up to it but Tom Symonds played as good a game as any Manly forward...duck it he needs his own thread I wil do that. Forwards struggled DCE didn't want to take the line in and Foran kicked ten metres ahead to tiquiri on the full every time. Tomé for Jorge to move to the second row and for us to get Robbo back on one wing and working with gutho as wings coach. Enough if these tenacious but don't know how to catch characters.

Well I was at the game and had a good whole field perspective on the game. Manly played a tight game, I can't remember if we made an error, and Souths certainly didn't. They were perfect for 30 minutes.
But you could see clearly, even after 5 minutes, the starch was out of the Manly pack. Manly were making 30-40 metres per set of 6, while Souths were cruising and making the ball go 60-70 per set. I knew it was a matter of time before the points came you could see it. The effort was there, but the dummy half metres were open season and the Manly forwards were making tackles the whole time on the back foot.
It was sad to see, I haven't seen anything like it since 1999.
This just gave Souths latitude to create structures all over the place and they just picked Manly apart. To see tries off simple runarounds was very sad.
Ballin will help if he can make it back, but I don't see any hope for a turnaround if he doesn't.
Perhaps Souths are just that good, that's the only hope I guess.
NYEagle

Denno said:
All Watmough did all night was walk around strutting how tough he his ,'I'm worth heaps of money I'm worth heaps of money ... him off...!

I though Watmough looked a bit crook in the warmup like he has flu or something. But he certainly wasn't himself.
He may have played his last game for Manly today.

bones said:
Mavin said:
bones said:
Ryan said:
We just dont have pride nor commitment in our performances anymore. Its very un manly like. We are undoing the legacy we built up over the past few years.

Where were all these crocodile tears for Kite when he was forced out? or what about Menzies or Robbo (I can go on) the fact is we have a salary cap and this club is bigger than any player. I'm more disappointed in these players who are so offended with the treatment of Gifty but said nothing when there other team mates have had to leave over the years. We have let a clique develop in the club and when one of the clique has been shown the door (because of the cap) they have spat the dummy.

Kite and Robbo weren't one club men and Menzies never played against Manly. Some players should never play against manly and Glenn was one of them. The club f---ed up.

Absolutely right. Glenn Stewart's contribution to the eagles has been outstanding these past two years...wait has he even played? He certainly has taken up some cap a good front rower might have used and now seems to have upset everyone else because he cant play with his bro and his bros at manly anymore. It was a good year with lots of reg season wins. Every second year we get touched up in a finals game.

bones said:
Mavin said:
bones said:
Ryan said:

In no salary cap era I agree with you but these day's unless you cheat ( like other clubs) you have to make a choice. The pie only go's so far. I would still call Kite a Manly legend and nobody said a peep (from the playing group) when he was shown the door. To me it is irrelevant if a player started at manly it is the service they gave us and kite gave us great service.

Well,
I have drunk too much tonight and upset most of the regulars . Mission accomplished. Off to bed for a night of teeth grinding.

One more week to go off gut wrenching footy. C ya next week.

NYEagle said:
Well I was at the game and had a good whole field perspective on the game. Manly played a tight game, I can't remember if we made an error, and Souths certainly didn't. They were perfect for 30 minutes.
But you could see clearly, even after 5 minutes, the starch was out of the Manly pack. Manly were making 30-40 metres per set of 6, while Souths were cruising and making the ball go 60-70 per set. I knew it was a matter of time before the points came you could see it. The effort was there, but the dummy half metres were open season and the Manly forwards were making tackles the whole time on the back foot.
This just gave Souths latitude to create structures all over the place and they just picked Manly apart. To see tries off simple runarounds was very sad.
Ballin will help if he can make it back, but I don't see any hope for a turnaround if he doesn't.
NYEagle

Pretty much how i saw it, it has been this way for most of the season even during our winning periods and it is why i stated earlier in the year that i have not been overly impressed with our forwards.

Souths forwards winning the tackle in go forward and defence.

Bending the line fatiguing the defence with good intensity in each hit up and landing face down on their stomachs in the perfect position for a quick play the ball. Strong upper body strength staying upright in tackles and offloading and in defence swarming in packs putting the shoulder in and dominating the tackle doing a Manly on Manly.

The team knows we are lacking in the forwards and the self belief is shot knowing no matter how hard they try it will not be enough.

Our hitups don't drain the defensive line on impact and it was draining us very early on, more effort required in each tackle to stop and bring the Souths forwards down or at least stop the momentum.

Technical Coach said:
NYEagle said:
NYEagle

Pretty much how i saw it, it has been this way for most of the season even during our winning periods and it is why i stated earlier in the year that i have not been overly impressed with our forwards.

Souths forwards winning the tackle in go forward and defence.

Bending the line fatiguing the defence with good intensity in each hit up and landing face down on their stomachs in the perfect position for a quick play the ball. Strong upper body strength staying upright in tackles and offloading and in defence swarming in packs putting the shoulder in and dominating the tackle doing a Manly on Manly.

The team knows we are lacking in the forwards and the self belief is shot knowing no matter how hard they try it will not be enough.

Our hitups don't drain the defensive line on impact and it was draining us very early on, more effort required in each tackle to stop and bring the Souths forwards down or at least stop the momentum.

As usual TC you are on the $$ i said earlier in the year these forwards arent great and the wins masked a serious issue with go forward.

We've come in blowing smoke and the injuries to Ferris and Ballin blew a couple of cylinders.
As much as we got beaten tonight, Souffs missed a massive opportunity to really show who's boss. They didn't clock off but got lazy, their mindset should have been about keeping us scoreless.
Really didn't think we were that poor, just were never in it and at least we kept plugging away.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4