Disappointing ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I couldn't make it on Friday & was completely dirty about it.

I'll be there next friday & I hope it rains twice as hard & is 5 degrees colder. That just makes it more fun. The weather is no excuse to sit at home.
People are soft for dogging it & it is so frustrating to not be able to get there and see that so many have CHOSEN not to be there. Poofs.

[quote author=Jamesie]
It's all worth it, to see Manly win and one of the only times you can stroll up to the beer shack without lining up to get an ale. Great Night!

One of the finest examples of the tradional aussie attitudinal spirit ive seen in ages. :clap:

[/quote]

i also enjoyed the lack of a line at the beer tent, so much so that i was pretty useless the next night

People are soft for dogging it & it is so frustrating to not be able to get there and see that so many have CHOSEN not to be there.

FRO ALERT

Isnt that a double negative or some other terrible transgression of the english language ? 8)

I think what he is trying to say is that he would have been there had he been able to and that those that could have gone and chose not to are basically soft.

Must say I tend to agree with him.

I think what he is trying to say is that he would have been there had he been able to and that those that could have gone and chose not to are basically soft.

I knew what he was trying to say.

[quote author=Fro]

I knew what he was trying to say.

[/quote]

SUUUuuuuuuuure you did ;) :lol:

Easy to say for some bloke that lives in another country.

I was watching the game on a big screen at my local club scoffing down a few beers.

I was stoked I didn't go the ground. It would have been ****e.

I was watching the game on a big screen at my local club scoffing down a few beers.

Instead of a camera, you may have had to use a perescope !!! :lol:

[quote author=Duff]
People are soft for dogging it & it is so frustrating to not be able to get there and see that so many have CHOSEN not to be there.

FRO ALERT

Isnt that a double negative or some other terrible transgression of the english language ? 8)
[/quote]

No way Jatz. I've not made one grammatical error in that passage. I too am a language Nazi, and that's fine.
Good to see that people are alert to the threat though.

Shame on you Byso. It would've been bloody brilliant.

[quote author=byso]

Instead of a camera, you may have had to use a perescope !!! :lol:
[/quote]

The cheergirls raise Byso's periscope by the look of it :D

Probably is pretty easy to say because i have been to games where the temp is below 0 and it was pissing down. Just put on warm clothes and wet weather gear and head out and have a good night

Fair enough you were stoked not to be there, i would be dirty i wasnt tbh

I went to watch Manly versus Nth Qld @ Brooky in 2003. It was about 5 degrees, raining a truck load, and I took along my pregnant wife.....and she LOVED it !!!

I swear, there would have been about 2k people there that night.

It's amazing what a bit of success can do to a crowd.

I went to watch Manly versus Nth Qld @ Brooky in 2003. It was about 5 degrees, raining a truck load, and I took along my pregnant wife.....and she LOVED it !!!

I swear, there would have been about 2k people there that night.

It's amazing what a bit of success can do to a crowd.

Yeah mate it can be a helluva lot of fun out there in the pouring rain.

Guys, I was there on Friday night (drove down from Newcastle) It was a GREAT night, the club put on the extra food in the Lounge area. Back at the club only Beaver, Choc, Travis Burns turned up, but they were very happy for anyone to shout them drinks. Still managed to crawl out of the club at 2:15am. The rain just stopped the dickheads from turning up.

How many Brookie games did you get to last year Mellon? ;)

Duff I hardly think anyone missed much, especially for the 2nd half. Sitting in the driving rain for 0-0 is hardly what you'd call exciting ......is it now.

Is it about what you see or about being there ?
Showing the numbers, supporting the team & all that.

It's about when we win the comp, being able to say that you were there on the hill in the rain when we were coming 2nd last and laughing at all the bandwagon jumpers. That knowing you have that you're a person of conviction & not a follower of what's in fasion.
It's those situations where you find out about peoples character.
And besides, it's fun.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8