Disappointing ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Must admit i wasnt that impressed that with a club legend playing his record breaking game last night, to see a crowd of 7500 out there supporting him.

Sure i know the weather was bad, but for me that is a rubbish excuse, he has put in 310 games of blood and sweat for the club, is out there is the rain last night, but people stay at home coz they dont want to get wet ?

Well done to all the people who were there last night

Harsh KE.
It was freezing. The rain was almost falling horizontally. There are flood warnings in Pittwater. The wind was so strong, that trees are falling on the beaches, and peoples houses. The local government want to request that our area is upgraded to a natural disaster area....

But you think it's harsh that people don't get down to watch Beavers 310th game?

That's VERY harsh.

There were more there than for Cliffy's last game at Brookie (before his comeback the next year when Bozo called him back).

Friday night is not easy for the traffic, as Sydney is gridlock in the wet, it was pouring cats and dogs and the game was televised live. Was a small crowd at Telstra as I went past on the way home from hockey.

i went, but i don't blame people for not going.

it was a nightmare at the ground....something that the tv doesn't accurately reflect.

it was blowing a gale at times, pissing down rain and freezing cold.

not even the thought of a wet beaver could bring people out.

Freezing ****eng cold, wet and windy. I was there along with 7500 loyal true believers. Awesome. That crowd is a couple of thousand more than at the souths or roosters matches last weekend.

I hardly think that the northern beaches qualifies as a natural disaster area. What a bit of wind and rain?

Maybe if houses had 4 inches of mud through them and the sewerage was not working (portaloos in the middle fo the street to use with your neighbours) and they hadn't had power for a week then you could call it a natural disaster area like friends of mine at Chittaway Point on the central coast.

Last night was like a summers day in New Zealand. How come New Zealanders can go and watch rugby in the south island where you risk getting frost bite if the game goes into extra time and people on the northern beaches cannot go out because of a little rain?

People on the northern beaches are soft and would rather sit at home in front of the heater and watch the game than go to the ground to support a legend (beaver that it not Jason King).

There were more there than for Cliffy's last game at Brookie (before his comeback the next year when Bozo called him back).

Not quite CW, 8,422 at cliffys farewell

1st i have heard of all the flooding etc, so maybe a bit of an excuse there, but still think the crowd could/should have been better. Sure, it might have been cold and wet, but am sure it would have been far worse for the players.

It just came across pretty poor on TV that the ground was looking so empty for such a big game for 1 of the legends,

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

1st i have heard of all the flooding etc, so maybe a bit of an excuse there, but still think the crowd could/should have been better. Sure, it might have been cold and wet, but am sure it would have been far worse for the players.

It just came across pretty poor on TV that the ground was looking so empty for such a big game for 1 of the legends,
[/quote]I accede to your superior statistical knowledge!!!! (It looked more on telly)

Between you and me - this game was televised, and most on the Northern Beaches are soft!!!! 8)

i was at a friends mansion at Bayview this morning, he had no electricity so we had to buy our coffees from Gloria jeans and take them home.

Yes this is a true story, hard to believe i know, we are struggling up here!

( would you believe we lost Foxtel for two hours last weekend! )

where is the SES when you need them!

Without electricity the inclinator is inoperative.

This, plus the fact we gave our driver the night off, effectively means we have zero staff to assist us light candles, EVEN IF we were able to make it from our yacht up those 77 dreadfully steep steps to the beachhouse.

I mean, show some empathy please.

I had my mother-in-law staying, ate lamb's shanks in red wine and balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary and red onions, matched with potato and onion in a cream sauce, heaps of veges and washed down with a few bottles from the cellar. The rain was pouring down all the windows and the wind has blown my antenna off and the pool had topped the lip and was cascading down the street. I couldn't believe the crowd but was very happy being where I was.

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]
[quote author=Canteen Worker]

[/quote]I accede to your superior statistical knowledge!!!! (It looked more on telly)

Between you and me - this game was televised, and most on the Northern Beaches are soft!!!! 8)

[/quote]

:lol: was just luck i had that crowd figure. Was a member of the Junior Sea Eagles all through the 90s and they used to send out stuff quite a bit, and 1 of my prized possessions is a 8" x 12" signed photo of Cliffy. On the back it says

"Lyons Last Roar"
16th August 1998
Brookvale Oval
Manly 28 defeated Nth Queensland 12
Crowd 8,422
Weather Constant Rain

I'm dissapointed that such a landmark game for a marquee player was completely ignored by the NRL and had little run in the media.

I'm not sure who is to blame, but it is disgraceful. I might start another thread on this topic sometime.

Didnt get me down there in that weather. If it was his last game at Brookie I would have gone for sure but he will be running around at Brookie again next friday.

Didnt get me down there in that weather. If it was his last game at Brookie I would have gone for sure but he will be running around at Brookie again next friday.

Better hope for a dry, 15 degree day so you can see him then ;) :lol:

I was disappointed with the crowd. I was expecting at least 10,000. We were standing on the north western corner under a few golf umbrellas. I'd much prefer to be at the game than have to listen to the Channel # 9 commentary team.

Well done to the Manly fans that made the effort !

Hey Chuck, I was down in that corner too, standing under one of those golf umbrella's. It's all worth it, to see Manly win and one of the only times you can stroll up to the beer shack without lining up to get an ale. Great Night!

It's all worth it, to see Manly win and one of the only times you can stroll up to the beer shack without lining up to get an ale. Great Night!

One of the finest examples of the tradional aussie attitudinal spirit ive seen in ages. :clap:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6