Did you see that?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
Some of this has been mentioned elsewhere but these are some observations from Brookie yesterday;

• Api's two shots at goal were pretty ugly. The funny thing was when he missed the second kick he proceeded to kick the kicking tee 20 metres across field and it went straight as an arrow!

• Later when Walker took over did anyone notice that he scored his try about 5 metres in from touch but took the conversion on the 10 metre mark in from touch? Fat lot of good it did as he sprayed the kick.

• Midway through the first half Tafua took the elastic out of his hair and was mucking around with it. There was some heckling from the benches in front of the Hill and Jorge had a big grin on his face. A few minutes later he dropped the tough cut out pass from Tom with the line wide open. The elastic was still around his wrist instead of in his hair. Must have been cutting off the circulation!

• When the former players did the their lap of honour there were a couple of old fellas out in front who had a bit of banter with Vave. He ended up coming right over and shaking their hands. It was a nice touch. I hope he ends up staying.

• It was good to see Hicksy and Robbo there. I'm pretty sure I even saw Heath Lestrange! Can anyone confirm that? I was reminded of a funny story Hicks told. They used to have a home game where the player's Dads were invited each year. Hicksy's Dad loved coming down from Old Bar so much that he kept coming to the Dad's game even after Hicks went to play in the UK.

• As we heard, Beaver's son (as part of the Harbord Devils u5's) ran out with the players and was also playing in a game at halftime. I didn't see him run the ball or make many tackles but he was having a great time. It looks like he has a bit of speed. What number was he wearing? No 11 of course!

• This is the first week all year where we have won all three senior grades. About time! To put the icing on the cake, the NYC boys notched a half century - who would have believed that!

• With a 4pm kick off It wasn't quite afternoon footy but make sure you're there in round 25 for a 3pm Saturday time slot. A full day time match and hopefully some sunny weather and a victory to farewell Killer from Brookie.

You had to go and spoil an excellent post by reminding us that killer's time at the Fortress is almost up...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6