Did Foran sign with the eels 2 1/2 weeks ago?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
According to the eels forum today he did

Truth about Foran

Hi all, I know I'm pretty knew to the One Eyed Eel family and from reading many rumour blogs about the Eels you are entitled to be rather skeptical (i.e Thurston, Cronk etc.). What I am about to tell you though is from a friend whom I've known for years and is basically as close to BA as it gets. You probably know parts of what I'm about to tell you so please forgive me if I sound like a broken record. Kieran Foran signed for Parra 2 and a half weeks ago. Ignore the b******* in the paper and media from Manlys Joe Kelly saying he hasn't. From what I've been told he is waiting for the circus to die down a bit before announcing. He is constantly in contact with BA and that is the only person at Parra he has dealt with and wanted to deal with.

Obviously he has until Round 13 to get out and Manly will throw everything they can at him to change his mine. That will be a worry. Money is not the issue though. It is playing under BA where he thinks it will be better for his career. The bigger worry is our board and in particular Spagnolo and his cronies who are still trying to get back in power. If that happens, Arthur will be gone and their puppet Daniel Anderson will be installed as coach. Anderson is chomping at the bit to be a first grade coach again. They want Sharp out (who I think is doing a great job under the circumstances), which in turn means losing CEO Scott Seward who is proving himself to be one of the great young administrators in the game today. Obviously we then lose Foran if we lose BA. Manly will pounce and get both!!!

In my opinion, Brad Arthur is a tremendous coach and the best thing that has happened to our club in years. He is a local boy, has passion for the club and the players will run thru brick walls for him. Thats what you need in a coach!! Daniel Anderson had his day in the sun and made a GF on the back of that brilliant run from the Hayne Plane. Anderson as coach would be a massive step backwards and none of the players want a bar of him. Losing Scott Seward who in my opinion has been innovative and absolutely brilliant would also be highly detrimental to the Blue n Gold cause!! Arthur and Seward have breathed knew life in the club and we need to hold onto them for dear life.

Like I said, I'm expecting a bit of negativity and skepticism. You are entitled to that but I don't waste my time speaking or writing unless I know it's true. Make up your own minds whether to believe me but I'm telling you this is 100% what is going on!!

Thoughts?

http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/truth-about-foran

Not saying this hasn't happened, but, as plenty of others are saying in that thread, Anderson was sacked by Spagnolo so a) why would he now want him in charge and b) why would Anderson support the bloke that sacked him. Doesn't give the rest of the 'friend of a friend' told me so it must be true line much credit.

So it is from a mate who supposably close to super coach - I am always sus on second hand info

Hopefully this whole circus will be done soon and we will know. We as members have been taken for a ride over this. Really disappointed that there has been no indication of his preference. Just decide!!!!!

I made the mistake of jumping on their forum and reading through a few pages.....I felt my IQ lowering with each page read. Pleab 4give meee ypf eyem knott machen ene cents

I lost interest couple weeks ago. Honestly who knows what the truth is.

let's concentrate on the game this weekend.

Seriously we will all need our heads read if this goes on any longer...:rofl::rofl:

I thought he signed 6 months ago when Choc did.

I'm always wary of posts which start with "I'm pretty knew to the ...[forum]", even when they are spelt "new" they still don't inspire confidence.

Are we really that desperate that we have resorted to trolling the Eels forum for more BS ? Surely we have enough of our own mailmen at Silvertails that we don't need to outsauce to other clubs

Unfortunately this wouldn't surprise me 1 bit. He'd be aware of the flak DCE is now copping, and will probably announce this in Rnd 3 or 4 when he is a bit more under the radar (injury).

F$$k Brad Arthur. At the end of 2012 he was booted by the Eels for Ricky and his gang of assistants and so with every good intention Manly give him a job as an assistant coach on a 2 year contract. So when Ricky leaves manly again do the right thing and let him go back to coach first grade at parra rather than see out his contract at manly. So to repay the manly club he gets in the ear of all of our top players choc and Foran and then entices choc to break his contract at manly and now goes and poaches Foran.

If he gets punted again at Parra for Daniel Anderson there is no way I would have him back at manly as head coach as some parts of the media are reporting.

Both Arthur and Hasler left with a year to go on their contracts and tried to wreck the place as soon as they were gone. I get it is a competitive market etc but FFS these guys must have no ethics whatsoever.

Foran said he was going to sign somewhere before the comp started. His team mates say his mind is all over the place - I can't buy that at this stage of the process. Everyone is saying it's not about the money. Is he waiting for something to change at Manly that will make his decision easier? Is he waiting for confirmation that Arthur is staying at Parra as mentioned in the OP. The later seems plausible to me.

I recall reading a Andrew Webster column talking about having some respect for Toovey and he said that Manly offering a gig to BA was fact. I consider Webster one of the most credible journos out there.

Where is Foz going? Tune in tomorrow — same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

One hell of a dilemma here, who has the best oil !!

Ryan's cafe mate that had him signed last year, Mavins in at the management company who said 2 months ago or Brad Arthur's mate who said 2 weeks ago ?!?!

Or Forans mate Mitchell Pearce who said he is staying at Manly

^ Fact: the world is flat. Just because I preface the statement with the word "fact" doesn't mean it's true.
I don't think Webster is more or less honest than any other journo (by nature they're all lazy bums whose primary sources tend to be each other) but he didn't offer any evidence to back up his claim that Arthur was offered the Manly job. Why is it a "fact"? Because another journo at his paper said it happened?
Seriously, we're all chasing our own tails here: fans, reporters, the lot of us. Let's all just exhale until something actually happens.

Both Arthur and Hasler left with a year to go on their contracts and tried to wreck the place as soon as they were gone. I get it is a competitive market etc but FFS these guys must have no ethics whatsoever.

So if we signed a coach from another club you want our new club 2 not try and sign any players from his former club? As a manly fan I would be pissed if he didn't try and grab the best players from his old club. Bob Fulton in 1983 bought Dave Brown, Noel Cleal, Kerry Boustead and Ian Schubert across with him. I don't recall the complaining them. So are you saying Bozo had no ethics? or was he doing the job he was being paid 2 do.

One hell of a dilemma here, who has the best oil !!

Ryan's cafe mate that had him signed last year, Mavins in at the management company who said 2 months ago or Brad Arthur's mate who said 2 weeks ago ?!?!

Or Forans mate Mitchell Pearce who said he is staying at Manly

I won't comment.

Might just be my paranoia but a lot of "those" posts feel a lot like fishing to me. I've seen a heap of them on here, that are argued with actual facts by people on here (as best as I can gather). I kinda wonder if it's a sad sack journo digging for information and hoping it'll be provided by the posters on fan forums...

And in our righteous anger we willingly provide them with, at the very least, some great tag lines and potential stories from sources "close to the club": I mean we are all close to the club yeah?

Case in point, FSN's story on Manly offering to swap DCE with Elgey, Taylor and Bird was mentioned on here the other day: nek minnit FSN are running with that, whilst no one at Manly bothers denying an obviously bullsh*t rumour, which actually gives it a smidge of credence. Too easy!!

** in other news, I'm doing tin foil hat fittings next week if anyone's keen **

With all that has happened it is probably just a matter of waiting to see what team he runs out for in the future (you cant change sides in the middle of game can you?). It appears by the noise that there may be some truth that he has signed with Eels. That is what Gavin Orr was saying, wasn't it? Anyway it maybe he now sees manly in a different light and is having second (third fourth) thoughts. So we wont know until it is announced and round 13 comes and goes.

It's funny if he thinks by going to the Eels he will escape the dysfunctional board , I think our current set up are complete Angels in comparison to the rabble at the Squeals.

I think his issues are this

1) He probably likes Toovey as a coach but isn't sure he's still going to be there.

2) He probably likes Arthur as a coach but isn't sure he's still going to be there.

Which means he's off to the Dogs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8