1.Who names an unchanged lineup after getting beaten at home by the worst team on paper in the 9 year history of the NRL?
2. Is it simply a way of saying to the boys that since they got into this mess, they have to get out of it?
I dont think so. I believe he will look like he's panicing if he makes changes to the line-up in just round one. The problem is its nearly the exact line-up that didn't recieve a change for the last 13 rounds of last year. Just 1 win to remind you all too.
3. Or is it basically the fact that we don't have many challenging for 1st Grade positions from PL?
We have quite a few players just sitting on their asses in PL waiting for a go. I wouldn't say they are all quality however Ballin/ Cuthbo deserve a go. Its not just about injecting new blood in this case. I feel its equally as important to scare the current 1st grade squad into the impression that they are replaceable. At the moment the feel is you can **** up time and time again, you position is safe no matter what.
4. Or is he simply confident that he has the team out there to do the trick.
A coach doesn't run a team out without thinking they can get the job done. Problem once again is that the team really are struggling to win not only this season but the last 13 rounds of last year. That in turn goes straight back the point of Des being averse to risk. I don't see the problem with trying new blokes in a losing team. Whats the worst that could happen? You might lose??? :wall:
5. Surely you have to put players on notice,
Yes, Fully agree.
6. but maybe it's too early in the season to be dropping players
The problem is that I don't think Des knows when the right time is. I wouldn't have a problem if we lose this week and he makes a few changes. My gripe is that I know if we get done 60 blot, the same team will run out against the sharks the following week. We only have to look at last seasons Cronulla game to back that one up.
7. I'm not sure, and I didn't see the game. Either way, it leaves a little sour taste in my mouth........
Mine too. Almost as bad as drinking XXXX.