Des's next job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What job will Des land next?

• He will manage another NRL team (which one?)

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • He will go into commentary

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • He will go to Super League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He will become an assistant somewhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He will become a school teacher again

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • He will become a 'consultant'

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • He will retire

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • He won't get a job

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters
I reckon good luck to Des, but not as convinced there will be teams lining up for him based on the style of footy Manly played in 2022.
He is a good personal style coach and if not worrying about "everything", as will likely have more a part role, could help him find himself again and bring out the best in both himself and wherever he ends up with Illawarra my tip.
Good luck to him, but only concerned about who is at Manly in 2023 and beyond.
Good luck to Des as he will always be one of my most Inspirational Manly players

But when we play the next team he coaches I hope we flog the Basterds

I feel like Des and Tooves have both been tainted with the same brush and would be very surprised to see either coach in the nrl again

I would love to see him commentating. Not on NRL but on something like moderating political debates.

Keen to hear people's opinion on the way forward for Des.

There has been a lot of passion and opinions laid bare here over the last few weeks.... mainly about the treatment of Des by Penn (I won't re-open old wounds with my opinion)

But if we step away from the Penn v Des debate - and instead look at it purely from coaching ability, desirability, skills, performance etc. What job will Des land next in your opinion?

For me - I can see him taking a spell in Super League. I honestly don't think another NRL club will be in for him... but let's see what the popular opinion is!
Who is Des?

Just sayin’

Season 2 Lawyer GIF by Martin

des next job

sports lawyer - contract law in particular

The first option in the list is “manager” rather than coach. Curious pommy term they use in the premier league.

He will be a head coach.

Tigers is my pick - what they currently is nothing.

Des wont move too far from home for a gig and will want to prove the doubters wrong. Tigers,Parra or Dragons will come calling soon enough. Dragons might be a little too far for Dessie though unless they base themselves in Sydney training wise.

Parra will want a proven GF winner after Brads time is up in a year or two and will become desperate.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8