Des's Dogs BA's Eels vs Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think it is pretty clear that Tooves is not an innovator, he has drawn criticism from the players for having a simplistic coaching style. Des had the place running incredibly well and was always on the cutting edge. I think Tooves has been riding his (rather long) coat tails in his tenure. He is a decent coach but decent really doesn't cut the mustard at Manly.

A great man (South Aussie football legend Neil "Knuckles" Kerley) once said "The funny thing about statistics is that they don't always tell the full story, but they don't lie either".

I think it is pretty clear that Tooves is not an innovator, he has drawn criticism from the players for having a simplistic coaching style. Des had the place running incredibly well and was always on the cutting edge. I think Tooves has been riding his (rather long) coat tails in his tenure. He is a decent coach but decent really doesn't cut the mustard at Manly.

Thanks Scott.

The loss to the dragons is the most costly loss of the season IMO. If we'd won that game, instead of being two points behind them, we'd be two points above them on the ladder in 8th place. It was one of 4 games we lost this year after scoring the same amount of tries as the opposition. The other three being against the Bulldogs, Cowboys and penrith.

The loss to the dragons is the most costly loss of the season IMO. If we'd won that game, instead of being two points behind them, we'd be two points above them on the ladder in 8th place. It was one of 4 games we lost this year after scoring the same amount of tries as the opposition. The other three being against the Bulldogs, Cowboys and penrith.
True. But Friday's loss was the worst of all. So much to play for, so little execution.

Regardless of how good BA & Hasler can read the Manly game plans, it really means nothing against a team with attitude & execution.....every top team maintains a consistent game plan that works to their strengths- but it continues to work if they do the tough stuff first.
Last year teams knew Souths were coming through the middle with Inglis hanging around, Manly has the sweep play with Snake, Cronks inside ball to Slater - every NRL coach talks about these pre game yet the best still execute at speed & if have won the tackle before these plays - almost unstoppable - Manly went out to score points instead of winning the game against Parra - Peter Sharp could have got Eels home how Manly turned up - sad....but true.

Regardless of how good BA & Hasler can read the Manly game plans, it really means nothing against a team with attitude & execution.....every top team maintains a consistent game plan that works to their strengths- but it continues to work if they do the tough stuff first.
Last year teams knew Souths were coming through the middle with Inglis hanging around, Manly has the sweep play with Snake, Cronks inside ball to Slater - every NRL coach talks about these pre game yet the best still execute at speed & if have won the tackle before these plays - almost unstoppable - Manly went out to score points instead of winning the game against Parra - Peter Sharp could have got Eels home how Manly turned up - sad....but true.

Well, ever since they went to coach other teams, we rarely show up against them. Whether they know our plays inside out, our players, or whatever - they seem to beat us.

Maybe it's a mental thing, where our players get caught up in the emotion of those particular games, and end up playing like sh##t?

How about an oldie but a goodie: Play what's in front of you.
I hate the cliche "We didn't stick to our game plan". All current coaches seem to have that same plan, it's just one team executes it better on the day (although I'm not sure our team had a clue how to play wet weather football last Sunday). So, I'm looking forward to a new generation of coaches (potentially Barrett; potentially the Walker Brothers) bringing something different to our sport.
Someone told me that the " game plan" was to WIN!
damned right, they didn't stick to the game plan...

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7