'Desperate situation': SCG Trust urges members not to walk away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The chairman and chief executive of the Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust say the organisation is fighting to remain solvent after the shutdown of sport due to COVID-19, urging people to retain memberships but admitting the situation is so dire it is not in a position to offer refunds.

THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF CHARACTERS IN TIMES OF ADVERSITY
THE ONES THAT WALK AWAY AND WATCH THEIR CLUB DIE
THE ONES THAT BECOME NEVER SAY DIE PASSIONATE CLUB MEMBERS
WHICH ONE ARE YOU ?

PASSION ALWAYS PREVAILS !
download.jpg

They also decided to gouge members increased annual subs because of all the extra sport that was going to be hosted there while the SFS was being redeveloped - Roosters, Tahs, FC etc. Wonder how generous they will be now the shoe is on the other foot and there is no content for members to enjoy.

Being realistic, if the new SFS doesn't get built then the Chooks will either play out of the SCG or bankwest.

Or they'll scale it down and build a 30,000 seat stadium instead.

Last edited:
I'm calling it now. Govt money will have to go elsewhere after this virus crisis. Once that happens the pile in mob will jump in like they tried before Gladys gave the SFS rebuild the ok, only this time the mob will have the hospitals and health funding argument on their side. Then the not in my backyard mob will climb on board too, demanding Moore Park be returned to the people as an open parkland. Roosters will soon look at what Manly has with Brookie and cry cry cry.

I predict the SFS will never be rebuilt. Govt will not have the money anymore. The Roosters will be relocated or gone.
Money always exists when you can either just print more or add a few digits digitally.

Why do you think we have low interest rates around the world, high asset and investment prices and low inflation----because the printed money is not creating new businesses and new jobs but being reinvested into the share market and housing market---this is seen as the only avenue to get a 5-10% return.

Investing into a new business and seeking to make a profit(along with creating jobs and funneling wealth to the general population in wages) requires far too much patience and long term thinking, so the printed money just goes into the sharemarket and housing market creating a never ending bubble.

Govt's around the world will take advantage of the current situation "order out of chaos" because what we had before was not sustainable.

Money always exists when you can either just print more or add a few digits digitally.

Why do you think we have low interest rates around the world, high asset and investment prices and low inflation----because the printed money is not creating new businesses and new jobs but being reinvested into the share market and housing market---this is seen as the only avenue to get a 5-10% return.

Investing into a new business and seeking to make a profit(along with creating jobs and funneling wealth to the general population in wages) requires far too much patience and long term thinking, so the printed money just goes into the sharemarket and housing market creating a never ending bubble.

Govt's around the world will take advantage of the current situation "order out of chaos" because what we had before was not sustainable.

Maybe so, but matters little if the NSW govt has lost desire to actually build the SFS. They now have a ready made excuse to say health funding is a priority over a footy stadium.

Not building the SFS would give Gladys and her Government a substantial boost in popularity.

What I think would be a sensible compromise is building a recreational park freely open to the public where teams like Easts could train, similar to what Redfern Oval has become. Also, there needs to be a new indoor cricket centre built as the former one was also demolished in the SFS wreckage. The SCG is a world-class cricket oval but currently its practice facilities are back to 1960's standard.
Any older cricketers among you will remember that there was a SCG2 - a marvellous ground where grade cricket and some representative matches were played. That made way for the rebuild of the old Sports Ground where Easts played, a large indoor facility with some 12 cricket nets, and a swimming pool for the use of pampered SCG Trust members

I am not an old cricketer, but I remember the old SCG No.2.

The little grandstand at the No.2 ground originally stood in the No.1 ground and was called either the Northern or Smokers’ Stand - perhaps both. It was moved* across to the smaller ground when the old M.A. Noble Stand was built back in the 1930s. At one point the Trust had plans to extend the ‘Noble right around the ground, but the state govt of the time reneged on the funding.

*A bit like the Bob Stand in 1983 - disassembled, dollied up, then reassembled at North Sydney Oval.

Does anyone remember Neil Diamond doing a concert at the old Sportsground in 1976? It was broadcast live on Channel Nine. Quite an event in those days.

Not the concert, but I remember that Hot August Night live album in the mid 1970s was EVERYWHERE!!! Every Target store seem to have a never ending supply.

There's a few clips from that SCG show on Youtube

Last edited:
Does anyone remember Neil Diamond doing a concert at the old Sportsground in 1976? It was broadcast live on Channel Nine. Quite an event in those days.
Yes. He was also interviewed by Michael Schildberger in a Current Affair special at the time. I remember him displaying a wooden pencil box he had bought his son.

Spooky stuff. My memory that is.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7