Des vindicated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We cant really say he was good or bad, you look at the circumstances he was injected into the team and from the situation he was taken (recurring injuries); i really cant fault him in terms of a first grade debut.

He didn't do terribly in a badly performing team, nor did he set the world on fire. I think he did what we should have expected and first grade is a future for him certainly; be it Manly or another team (should his father have any sway).
Fully fit, and playing reggies was a better trail in for a debut.
This was Desmonds plan for 2021 regarding Albert.
BUT
Manly buckled to the Hopoate clan, and his debut was average accordingly.
For the record, I believe Albert will do very, very well in NRL
But he was way undercooked for his debut

guess what if you stand your back rowers in every single backline movement and they run inside every time its not so hard to defend. Worse, centres get no early ball.
Oh? Pretty sure Storm scored from that exact move from a scrum today!

Because we would have had a custodian by trade at the back. Where was funa on the smith kick champ. Please
Mate that try was scored right in front of me, Funa had his back turned to smith walking back with no idea the kick was coming. The irony in it was that positionally most of the time he was a mile behind the line defensively. I said to my boy, watch for a Munster chip over the top. I literally screamed at him “Funa run he’s kicked it” when smith kicked. JAC is so bloody fast tho Turbo would have struggled to get there. Seriously how much could we throw at JAC? He is such a threat with that speed. He’s also bigger live than he looks on TV - same with Funa actually. To be fair on Funa FB was a tough gig today and I thought he was alright against the team who will arguably win the comp this year. From what I saw from Hoppa today at Centre, to think he would handle FB from behind our ordinary front line is absurd.

Don’t tell the numnuts
They thought he was disadvantaged because he didn’t get the No. 1 gig
What a laugh
Hoppa was visibly struggling with the fitness element. He actually looked like he was having an asthma attack late in the first half. DCE had to calm him (and Funa) a couple of times. It’s interesting what you see live (especially close to the field at a venue like today). DCE does a lot in the background. AFB quite vocal as well. Man what a machine he is. He’s a lot better than taupau.

Thought he looked slow. In one play he appeared to be put into a gap on the outside of Olam but was rounded up within about 5 metres. I suppose that’s what can happen when you have had 2 ACL’s

i do hope that fans stop knocking the players for lack of heart and not deserving wearing the manly jumper. it is clear that we took a risk with our salary cap strategy. The best approach is to spread the cap to sub $1 million players rather then putting the money to a few elite players. The players have tried their very best. we just dont have the talent in the side. simple but the truth.
Sadly I agree
But no one at the club will take accountability for this mess we are in.
Will keep saying it because it was used to sack 2V's
" We are in a results driven business "

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10