Des vindicated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopoate

Not ready!
For those of you thinking he deserved selection...based on nothing! that is why you are better off banning yourself from giving advice to Des in future
No knock on Hoppa, but he was very average.
POOR defender
The kid gets one game with no match fitness in an unfamiliar position and you have the audacity to judge his skills on that.

Should have been in the team 9 weeks ago at fullback, the two players in Elliot and Garrick were caught out.

I won't rag on the kid, give him a chance to show us what he has, but the few times I saw him in jnrs I didn't think he stood out much (not enough to deserve the praise he gets here anyway)
And tonight he was a turnstile.. addo car brushed him off for his first try, and the just ran riot down his wing all day long.

Hopoate

Not ready!
For those of you thinking he deserved selection...based on nothing! that is why you are better off banning yourself from giving advice to Des in future
No knock on Hoppa, but he was very average.
POOR defender
Yes looked out of place at times and storm targeted him all night but i say stick with him, we have worse problems than Albert.

The kid gets one game with no match fitness in an unfamiliar position and you have the audacity to judge his skills on that.

Should have been in the team 9 weeks ago at fullback, the two players in Elliot and Garrick were caught out.
Read my post knob, I said he wasn’t ready!
I’m sure he can play, but he was not ready for selection in NRL
Des got pressured into this no too ways about it.
If you think his defence was NRL standard, you need your eyes checked.
Have another beer

Last edited:
Yes looked out of place at times and storm targeted him all night but i say stick with him, we have worse problems than Albert.
Agree, he tried hard
But Des was right to hold him back to 2021. I’m sure he got forced into this selection
For the illiterate, I’m not bagging the kid at all, he didn’t select himself.
Now he is in, he can do no worse than some of the other NRL pretenders in this team

Read my post knob, I said he wasn’t ready!
I’m sure he can play, but he was not ready for selection in NRL
Des got pressured into this no too wats about it.
If you think his defence was NRL standard, you need your eyes checked.
Have another beer
Picked out of position Albert, he has been ready for weeks.

Got caught out in defence no doubt, he has played fullback from the games I have watched him.

I won’t lower myself or the forum of the people on here to comment on you personally.

Cust and Thompson were targeted all game. Their combination in defense really is our weak point. Cust needs work if he wants to be a regular five eight in the nrl. Thompson has been a great servant but his time has passed. Interesred to see who is there next year

Definitely doesn't look ready for first grade but pretty tough matchup for your first game.

It's clear the Hoppa family line has been talk the talk and secure a pay day as soon as possible.

The NRL needs a draft and rookie scale contracts, like, yesterday.

We cant really say he was good or bad, you look at the circumstances he was injected into the team and from the situation he was taken (recurring injuries); i really cant fault him in terms of a first grade debut.

He didn't do terribly in a badly performing team, nor did he set the world on fire. I think he did what we should have expected and first grade is a future for him certainly; be it Manly or another team (should his father have any sway).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8