Des - Thanks for coming home!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So you are saying you just type shiite for the sake of it ......ok .... your posts now make a little sense ... they are not to be taken seriously ... and not to be confused with someone that actually has a sensible opinion ... fair enough ..
Yeah that’s it, summed up perfectly.

Des is genuinely one of the great coaches. He has always been noteworthy and even rather daring for his use and stretching of sport sciences (calf's blood chaser anyone?? Go one you know you like it) and tactical acumen but i think his greatest gift is "man management" as they call it. We've all seen occasions when coaches "lose the dressing room": players just decide not to follow their rules. With Des that doesn't happen, he has the standing with the players to lay down the rules and the players follow them. Witness Suli's disciplining and subsequent explosion of form this year. Des i think just has the talent to project that combination of fatherly encouragement, strict discipline and gruff affection that players so much respond to. Honestly, watching last night I was convinced the entire team would wade through fire for him.

Des is genuinely one of the great coaches. He has always been noteworthy and even rather daring for his use and stretching of sport sciences (calf's blood chaser anyone?? Go one you know you like it) and tactical acumen but i think his greatest gift is "man management" as they call it. We've all seen occasions when coaches "lose the dressing room": players just decide not to follow their rules. With Des that doesn't happen, he has the standing with the players to lay down the rules and the players follow them. Witness Suli's disciplining and subsequent explosion of form this year. Des i think just has the talent to project that combination of fatherly encouragement, strict discipline and gruff affection that players so much respond to. Honestly, watching last night I was convinced the entire team would wade through fire for him.
Plus Des is inclusive which shows the reserve graders that they are valued and will be judged on ability and nothing else

The vision after the game (in Game Day Thread) shows every BWSE player in the sheds listening to Des' recap @:smirk:

img_20190915_102635-jpg.12695

Last edited:
Plus Des is inclusive which shows the reserve graders that they are valued and will be judged on ability and nothing else

The vision after the game (in Game Day Thread) shows every BWSE player in the sheds listening to Des' recap @:smirk:
Yeah: so true. The commentators made a point during game of the closeness of the Manly players: things like that are all a part of building a formidable team.

So great to see what Des can do with this team. It needs to be his job until he wants to retire. Imagine what would have happened if he never left.

Last night we were surprised to see Des busily writing in the Coach's box till well after the Kids In The Field song

Just shows how dedicated he is to the end game :clap:
Erstwhile
The 'Furniture King' would've been at the bottom of his 5th schooie...

Last edited:
I would suggest that this weekends results may have cemented Des into “ coach of the year” but knowing the Turdburger he’ll make sure Craig Bellamy gets it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2