Des - Thanks for coming home!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This is where he belongs....I have done a 360 and applaud this blokes motivation and love for the Seaeagles.
The players play for him, he can squeeze every bit of talent out of every player and with him the skipper of the Manly ship, he can make a hopeless situation become possible.
I have seen many Manly sides fight against the odds and fall short far from embarressing themselves even in a loss.....this in all honesty was a deep seeded feeling in my gut going into last nights final against the Sharks.
They have been running hot and seemed a team that could trouble any side in the race for the 2019 Premiership, yet Manly did not look a side who were just happy to go down fighting....they dominated the game like red hot favourites and in all honesty, I can't picture anyone else coaching a depleted side against the odds too such a convincing win in a knockout final??
I recall feeling empty at the end of 2018 and thought, we are shot for a few years yet, then Des returns and like clockwork - Presto....from zero to hero Manly are back !!

This is where he belongs....I have done a 360 and applaud this blokes motivation and love for the Seaeagles.
The players play for him, he can squeeze every bit of talent out of every player and with him the skipper of the Manly ship, he can make a hopeless situation become possible.
I have seen many Manly sides fight against the odds and fall short far from embarressing themselves even in a loss.....this in all honesty was a deep seeded feeling in my gut going into last nights final against the Sharks.
They have been running hot and seemed a team that could trouble any side in the race for the 2019 Premiership, yet Manly did not look a side who were just happy to go down fighting....they dominated the game like red hot favourites and in all honesty, I can't picture anyone else coaching a depleted side against the odds too such a convincing win in a knockout final??
I recall feeling empty at the end of 2018 and thought, we are shot for a few years yet, then Des returns and like clockwork - Presto....from zero to hero Manly are back !!
Best thing to happen to the place in eight years.

I wrote at the beginning of the season ... that this year was as much about Dessie's redeption as it was about the players .... and he succeded big time ...

Apart from Dessie's own talents ... his biggest victory was to be smart enough to put a first class team of assistants together ... especially Donnie ..... to aid and abet the resurgance .. there is now a class team on and off the field ...

... and Penn;s biggest success in over a decade was to **** off and sign the cheques ....

Luckily Des has a couple of good assistants and a sprint coach.....

Are you suggesting that Donnie, Monnas, Ballin, Crusher the sprint coach and the sports phychologist diidn't make a difference?

Maybe, at the next meeting you could bring up sacking them all next year as a way to save $700k or so ...

Look at the list of players who've played this year, look at the injuries to key players for lengthy periods.
If Des hadn't come home and we were stuck with the Furniture King we'd be dead certs for the Spoon, absolutely no doubt about it.
Lol.
Furniture King.
Gold...

I wrote at the beginning of the season ... that this year was as much about Dessie's redeption as it was about the players .... and he succeded big time ...

Apart from Dessie's own talents ... his biggest victory was to be smart enough to put a first class team of assistants together ... especially Donnie ..... to aid and abet the resurgance .. there is now a class team on and off the field ...

... and Penn;s biggest success in over a decade was to **** off and sign the cheques ....
2011 was a good year for the Penn’s... 2014 wasn’t too bad either. If they didn’t sign those cheque’s then we’d probably be playing on the other side of the country by now. Paying Barrett out was also very smart business by Scott and the family.

Yeah... they’re highly underrated those sprint coaches.

Well, considering last year everybody was saying how slow Suli, Parker, Jorge and others were .. I think there were a few posts about us having the slowest backline in the comp .... I would say it was a very productive move by Des ...

However, I am not at all surprised that you would not see that ..... have you written to Dessie to tell him he is a fool for wasting money by employing a sprint coach ... or are you satisfied by just trying to be a smartarrse on here .

Well, considering last year everybody was saying how slow Suli, Parker, Jorge and others were .. I think there were a few posts about us having the slowest backline in the comp .... I would say it was a very productive move by Des ...

However, I am not at all surprised that you would not see that ..... have you written to Dessie to tell him he is a fool for wasting money by employing a sprint coach ... or are you satisfied by just trying to be a smartarrse on here .
Of course it’s a smart move... quality is quality, and an extra one percent can make all the difference.

The sprint coach jibe (by many posters on here) is tongue in cheek. It all began earlier in the season when Des began to get good results and certain posters deflected his achievements by claiming Baz didn’t have a chance to succeed due to a lack of personnel/facilities. Anything less than a sixth placed finish is a fail... remember that?

And like always, the sooks will sook... many people on here joke around, many on here refer to a sprint coach... call Barrett a dud etc, and yet, you have a go at me AGAIN. Get over yourself numbnutt...

Last edited:
Of course it’s a smart move... quality is quality, and an extra one percent can make all the difference.

The sprint coach jibe (by many posters on here) is tongue in cheek. It all began earlier in the season when Des began to get good results and certain posters deflected his achievements by claiming Baz didn’t have a chance to succeed due to a lack of personnel/facilities.

And like always, the sooks will sook... many people on here joke around, many on here refer to a sprint coach... call Barrett a dud etc, and yet, you have a go at me AGAIN. Get over yourself numbnutt...

So you are saying you just type shiite for the sake of it ......ok .... your posts now make a little sense ... they are not to be taken seriously ... and not to be confused with someone that actually has a sensible opinion ... fair enough ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4