Des Spends $10k at Presser.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I can't see Des getting fined for that.
He basically did the same as Trent Robinson a few weeks ago, who was given a clayton's fine just to look like the NRL acted on it.

I think privately the NRL will agree with Des but have to look like they are acting on what he said and will give him a suspended $10,000 fine.

look at Keppie first point of contact. His chest hits the shoulder of Crossland.
View attachment 18264
Then look at Frizel on Marty.

View attachment 18265
Keppies on normal speed looks bad buts it’s the momentum of the tackle. If he gets charged they should fight it. Not sure why Frizel didn’t go to the bin.
Now the 3rd one - this is from the reverse angle and see Marty gets Saifiti’s shoulder to his jaw first before his shoulder hits Saifiti’s hence why he was thrown back in making the tackle. Saifiti was also bending in his knees.
View attachment 18266
Hopefully if charged the club can fight these out as Saifiti didn’t even need a HIA which is what I thought the sin bin rule was brought in for.
I thought Keppie didn't hit him in the head! The kicker's head certainly jolted back but I thought it was a whiplash type reaction, not contact with the head. I didn't even think it was late (although admittedly I didn't study it with a microscope).

Last edited:
Is he though? Both Fox Sports and Nine are paying less fees to the NRL under the new TV deal - meaning that the NRL has less revenue.

No wonder they had so many Puff pieces on him before he was installed...

The AFL were back playing a whole week after the NRL last season. So V'Landys' value here is grossly overstated

Yes I truly think he is very good for the game except for the tiggy and in season rule changes. They are a disaster. He got us back on the field during COVID when nobody thought we could and the AFL and other sports followed his blueprint. My memory also is that he was negotiating those deals during COVID. Anyway - we can have a different opinion - my view though is there should be a Committee involving players and coaches who decide on rule changes and they should be done in the off season, consulted with the clubs/players first and then implemented in the next season not rushed in during a season. Also with significant changes to the game like last year where the game changed from a heavy contact sport with stoppages to a much faster paced game, with less stoppages, clubs needs changed and there was a need then for different body types/style of players and a real need for clubs to modify their rosters to meet the demands of the changing game. Somehow that needs to be accepted and factored in before significant changes like that happen again. If the fabric of the game changes then there has to be better ability for rosters to change quickly. How to do that when contracts are in place... I am just not sure. Anyway just posing a different view.

I don’t understand what you expect him to say? If he complains he will be seen as a whinging coach trying to deflect the loss. If he is diplomatic and plays devils advocate he will be crucified by this site. The end result is that the score will not be overturned, and perhaps pess off all referees and get hammered by the refs, the NRL, the media, not to mention every fan that don’t support Manly. As well as a fine to accomplish what?
It made me feel better to know someone pointed out the inconsistencies. He accomplished that.

I agree with the inconsistency but I think the bigger issue was the bull**** from the Knights trainers consistently stopping play at key moments, and at the exact tackles when Manly were in attacking position.

I spent more time watching knights slowly walking off off field than game time. Their post HIA metres far exceeded any post contact metres.

There needs to new rules here. If a trainer stops play for an injured player, unless they directly in the line with the play where the ref can stop it, said player cannot come back on for that game. This is becoming more than a joke.

If you need two or 3 HIA covers to make that happen so be it. We are trying to watch a ****ing footy game here.

NYEagle
Agree. Andrew Johns mentioned it in the commentary. Three times they stopped play when we were rolling ahead

this from anusley and nrl.con

Manly coach Des Hasler was highly critical of referee Ben Cummins after the Sea Eagles' loss to Newcastle on Sunday and contacted Annesley to express his concerns.

"Des and I have got a very good relationship. Des did call me last night not long after his media conference. We had a very amicable conversation as we always do," he said.

"He made some points, some of which I don't disagree with. (that just means you agree...you can say it. don't hide behind double negatives)

I felt he had some cause for complaint in the game. But then again most coaches do in some areas.
(That doesn't mean the complaints are invalid. Nor does it mean the levels of incompetence / cheating the refs do are equal. Cummings was highly incompetent or dishonest).

"Des has been around long enough to understand the game. And he has been around long enough to understand there are errors made by players and officials." (He does, which is why his comments about the ref assisting one side to win should send shockwaves through the NRL into the totally biased refereeing by cummings).

- Basically anusley says : "Meh, crap happens, you got dudded, so what?"

parks and recreation two funerals GIF

Watching NRL shows,
when talking Origin, players & commentators were saying they hope it wouldn’t be refereed like the “game on Sunday afternoon “.
(Manly-Knights)
They wouldn’t say outright it was a rubbish game, but it was implied.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12