[Resurrected] Des sacked [From Bulldogs]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didnt our favourite son Bozo leave Manly for the roosters and then coach against us ? Money would have been the reason ...
The regime has changed here since Des left....
IF he came back and started winning it wouldnt take long for those that are slagging him off to start saying he was always one of us and always belonged here.

Would Bozo be crazy enough to flick Baz to the Riff and bring back Daz :wasntme:

All is too quiet on the Baz extension :confused:
Maybe bring him back as Coaching Director? We did pretty well under his guidance & as long as he stays out of contract negotiations.......I'd imagine Trent would benefit greatly even though many on here don't think much of Des. Having him & Bozo as Trent's mentors??? Remember it was the boardroom brawling & factions against his tenure as coach that turned his departure into the mess it became! The same people that drove Toovey away! He is not past his use by date by any means. This is the first time he missed getting the Dogs into the finals since he's been there & the playing group he had this year left a lot to be desired.....so not that bad a record! Just my opinion.

Maybe bring him back as Coaching Director? We did pretty well under his guidance & as long as he stays out of contract negotiations.......I'd imagine Trent would benefit greatly even though many on here don't think much of Des. Having him & Bozo as Trent's mentors??? Remember it was the boardroom brawling & factions against his tenure as coach that turned his departure into the mess it became! The same people that drove Toovey away! He is not past his use by date by any means. This is the first time he missed getting the Dogs into the finals since he's been there & the playing group he had this year left a lot to be desired.....so not that bad a record! Just my opinion.
It's probably an ideal role for him but as you say keep him out of the $$$ side of things.
I just can't see it happening under the current regime and whether or not Bozo would allow it, but I reckon that's his next role somewhere.
I'd like to see him as blues coach purely from an interest point of view.
Whatever you think of Des he's an interesting cat.

I haven't read all posts so if this has already been said then sorry.

why all the hate?
one of our most successful coaches ever fact....
built a team if champions fact.....
had to back end the contracts to keep the playing group together fact....
was dealing with a basket case admin and top office throughout his tenure fact.....
left in a ****ty way yes but most on here would have done exactly the same fact (oh and if you say you wouldn't then your a fool)....
one of manly favourite sons FACT.....

go the haters.

Powered by ForumApps

why all the hate?
was dealing with a basket case admin and top office throughout his tenure fact.....
left in a ****ty way yes but most on here would have done exactly the same fact (oh and if you say you wouldn't then your a fool)....

go the haters.

Powered by ForumApps
Yeah he went our poorly but still a manly man. I like how everyone is up in arms about tooves getting screwed over , and rightfully so but pussed at des for wanting out of the same culture that probably would have knifed him as well.

I never get that ****

why all the hate?

go the haters.

Powered by ForumApps

I was an " insider" during that time, let me just say " you have no idea of what really happened".

**** De$

And yes I say again **** Ha$ler.

Thanks Des for your great work at Manly. Sorry that the parting was so sour and overshadowed your triumph.

At least no more long drives to the wastelands of Sydney, eh?

I previously wanted him as NSW coach but not anymore, Des has a stubborn loyalty to some players and reminds me too much of Daley.
Dogs had missed the finals two years in a row when Des took over.
He turned them around pretty quickly, but seems his attacking style seemed to become stale over there.
The Dogs have been one of the best defensive sides under Hasler, just unable to score points.
They seemed to of turned a corner last 3 or 4 weeks of the comp.
Woods and Foran should help them next year, I think he deserved to atleast start the 2018 season.

Yeah he went our poorly but still a manly man. I like how everyone is up in arms about tooves getting screwed over , and rightfully so but pussed at des for wanting out of the same culture that probably would have knifed him as well.

I never get that ****
The issues Fans have with Dez was :
1) He greed to an extension in April, then secretly accepted the Dogs increased offer in July
2) Dez said in October that if Manly match it, he'll honour the agreement
3) Manly attempted to match the offer in November
4) But Dez proceeded to recruit staff and star players for the Dogs
5) Penn terminated him in November
https://m.bigrigs.com.au/news/toovey-hasler-exits-manly/1170120/

6) Backended contracts were then uncovered,that prevented Manly from refreshing their Roster till 2015

7) Dank was introduced to Oz professional sports by Dez.
Fortunately ASADA cleared Manly of drug infringements

So Dez creates then he destroys through his overeach :cool:

Baz or any other Coach could not work with such a stats obsessed control freak :shake:

NSW Blues would benefit from his intense methods during the 10 week campaign :nod:

#Thanks4TheMemories

1) He greed to an extension in April, then secretly accepted the Dogs increased offer in July

6) Backended contracts were then uncovered,that prevented Manly from refreshing their Roster till 2015

Baz or any other Coach could not work with such a stats obsessed control freak :shake:

NSW Blues would benefit from his intense methods during the 10 week campaign :nod:

#Thanks4TheMemories

I'd forgotten he'd been terminated a year before his contract was up. I'm assuming all the court cases were dropped?

#Thanks4TheMemories
The email trail .. waiting outside staff members houses hounding them to defect ...
abusive emails

#Thanks4TheMemories

You reading this @Eagle of London ??

No doubt the " dysfunctional board" they all talk about weren't perfect at the time BUT I know they were a united front in De$gate.

The **** that went on at the time was De$picable, he may have been Manly but he is no longer.

you know what I hate.

when people use the old

' if you knew what I knew you would be where I am but you don't know what I know and I'm too piss weak to tell you what I know and do you know how I know what I know - BECAUSE I HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION - that's how I know what I know and you have no idea because I won't tell you what I know'

THAT'S WHAT I HATE!

of course inevitably some one else also knows what you know and just goes and posts it! could you imagine that! what a jerk for sharing the information that only those that had inside information knew but now everyone knows.....

You get that Mark?

Each to your own!