Des ****s on Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s tough...I’m the biggest Toovey fan...he is the reason I follow Manly...he is my single most favourite personality in RL...but...

I don’t think he is a great coach. I think he was capable and I think the senior playing group were a big reason for his initial success and GF appearance in 2013. I think he is somewhat limited tactically speaking and his coaching is built more on toughness than smarts. I think Dessie’s coaching is built on both!

In saying that, he should never have been sacked and he will always be a better coach than Baz. The club owe Toovey an apology and need to see a picture of his face after the 1997 GF before they ever treat him so disrespectfully again.
I think it's probably fair to say as well that Tooves was thrown into the 1st grade job before the possible apprenticeship he would've had if, Des had've stayed a couple more years, was up.
I reckon Tooves would have had all the smarts after a few years.
Would like to have seen Des be head of football and Tooves coach.
But I still reckon his 2015 season, to have been 1 win out of the 8, with all the pressure from the club, injuries and a poor roster, was a tremendous coaching effort.
And as you say he is a better coach than the other bloke would ever be...

I think it's probably fair to say as well that Tooves was thrown into the 1st grade job before the possible apprenticeship he would've had if, Des had've stayed a couple more years, was up.
I reckon Tooves would have had all the smarts after a few years.
Would like to have seen Des be head of football and Tooves coach.
But I still reckon his 2015 season, to have been 1 win out of the 8, with all the pressure from the club, injuries and a poor roster, was a tremendous coaching effort.
And as you say he is a better coach than the other bloke would ever be...

This is the way I see it. John Lang, Ricky Stuart, Tim Sheens and Shane Flanagan have all won a title as head coach. With Tooves at Manly, I see him as a better coach than all 4 of these guys. And also Tooves was hard done by in the 2013 grand final. That was the only match out of 4 that season where we were scoring points against the Roosters and the refs had it in for us all night aside from the penalty try. I’ll never forget that little **** Mitchell Pearce blatantly slapping the ball out of Foran’s hand when he had already stood up after a tackle and was about to play the ball. The Roosters were given the scrum feed from that play instead of being penalised. One of many dodgy calls that night

This is the way I see it. John Lang, Ricky Stuart, Tim Sheens and Shane Flanagan have all won a title as head coach. With Tooves at Manly, I see him as a better coach than all 4 of these guys. And also Tooves was hard done by in the 2013 grand final. That was the only match out of 4 that season where we were scoring points against the Roosters and the refs had it in for us all night aside from the penalty try. I’ll never forget that little **** Mitchell Pearce blatantly slapping the ball out of Foran’s hand when he had already stood up after a tackle and was about to play the ball. The Roosters were given the scrum feed from that play instead of being penalised. One of many dodgy calls that night
I also base my opinion on his recruitment decisions, opinions on Fox and comments from past players. Some of his ideas were a bit off regardless of the situation he found himself in when Des left. He had also done a long apprenticeship...but that doesn’t detract from the fact that he is a champion person and the pound for the pound the toughest the game has ever seen.

I also base my opinion on his recruitment decisions, opinions on Fox and comments from past players. Some of his ideas were a bit off regardless of the situation he found himself in when Des left. He had also done a long apprenticeship...but that doesn’t detract from the fact that he is a champion person and the pound for the pound the toughest the game has ever seen.
Old Tooves was harder than a gypsy bare knuckle boxer, and an awesome little footballer to boot.

Wonder how much Des rates Carty? And I wonder what Carty thinks of Baz, although I think that clip of him laughing at Barrett in the coaches box says a lot...
It’s interesting that there is not a lot of talk about Cartwright this year as compared to when TB was coach .Has Des improved Cartwright’s coaching as well ?

It’s interesting that there is not a lot of talk about Cartwright this year as compared to when TB was coach .Has Des improved Cartwright’s coaching as well ?
Des seems to be a genuine manager in that he delegates operations and concentrates on strategy.

Carty seems to be doing his defensive role untethered this year.

A few player interviews refer to this, although no reporter has ever asked how Carty's role has changed @:cool:

Des seems to be a genuine manager in that he delegates operations and concentrates on strategy.

Carty seems to be doing his defensive role untethered this year.

A few player interviews refer to this, although no reporter has ever asked how Carty's role has changed @:cool:
I think Des has given him his role and now knows what he is responsible for , In contrast to the role TB gave him was to make sure there were seats at the bar

Snake - did you listen to that podcast doing the rounds a few months back with Watmough? He said similar things, with much less elegance mind you. It was nice to see Tooves back yesterday, even if it was gimicky.

its a results driven business and look at how good we are going with Des back!!

With all the injuries we have, all we heard last year from ball sack Barrett was excuse after excuse!!!

This year it’s next man up and do your job!!

Interesting to hear player interviews after the match tonight and hearing them say they did a lot of video in off season and that they did none at all last year.... wtf? How can a coach not use video?? That’s idiot Barrett for you

Also of note was Sironen I think say that they did a lot of video of all there bad performances last year..... imagine Des cracking the whip saying what is this crap!! Lol

Anyways results this year say that:

DES $H1TS on Barrett the flog!!!
Accountability.

The proof is in the pudding
There are a few on here who are forever absent on any of the threads which expose Barrett as the fraud that he is. Surely you’d just bite the bullet and say “Yep Baz was sh1t... Des is King... I was wrong... long live the King” and get on with it wouldn’t you?

We are smashing it!

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7