Des ****s on Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
its a results driven business and look at how good we are going with Des back!!

With all the injuries we have, all we heard last year from ball sack Barrett was excuse after excuse!!!

This year it’s next man up and do your job!!

Interesting to hear player interviews after the match tonight and hearing them say they did a lot of video in off season and that they did none at all last year.... wtf? How can a coach not use video?? That’s idiot Barrett for you

Also of note was Sironen I think say that they did a lot of video of all there bad performances last year..... imagine Des cracking the whip saying what is this crap!! Lol

Anyways results this year say that:

DES $H1TS on Barrett the flog!!!

Well Des just won a game with what is basically Manlys reserve grade.

Barrett is the worst coach in NRL history. Not a single player played anywhere near their potential under him, let alone improve at all.

Baz was not up to it and should never have been given the job in the first place. He lacked professionalism and thought that he could just be a good bloke to the players and it would be enough. He had no idea how to coach defence and gave Cartwright the job. Des takes over our d and all the sudden we are winning games off the back of it!

There are rarely excuses for coaches...every club gets hit with injuries throughout the season and the good teams get the job done anyway. Baz should have known that.

Well Des just won a game with what is basically Manlys reserve grade.

Barrett is the worst coach in NRL history. Not a single player played anywhere near their potential under him, let alone improve at all.
It’s true, so people should go easy on blacktown. They’ll win a few once our first graders are back, and the reserve graders are back in reserve grade!

A big up yours to Michael Maguire too! Or should I say thank you! He turned down Manly and we got Des instead. The moron thought the Tigers had a better roster and set up than Manly haha! He is still coaching like it’s 2014; completion rates and one out running in the forwards. Haha.

Baz was not up to it and should never have been given the job in the first place. He lacked professionalism and thought that he could just be a good bloke to the players and it would be enough. He had no idea how to coach defence and gave Cartwright the job. Des takes over our d and all the sudden we are winning games off the back of it!

There are rarely excuses for coaches...every club gets hit with injuries throughout the season and the good teams get the job done anyway. Baz should have known that.

Snake what was your opinion on Geoff Toovey’s coaching? This was a guy who managed a winning percentage above 55% as a player, assistant coach and head coach. I reckon if we stuck by him then our results would have been sweet from 2016 onwards but some say he was a bit limited in his ways

Snake what was your opinion on Geoff Toovey’s coaching? This was a guy who managed a winning percentage above 55% as a player, assistant coach and head coach. I reckon if we stuck by him then our results would have been sweet from 2016 onwards but some say he was a bit limited in his ways
It’s tough...I’m the biggest Toovey fan...he is the reason I follow Manly...he is my single most favourite personality in RL...but...

I don’t think he is a great coach. I think he was capable and I think the senior playing group were a big reason for his initial success and GF appearance in 2013. I think he is somewhat limited tactically speaking and his coaching is built more on toughness than smarts. I think Dessie’s coaching is built on both!

In saying that, he should never have been sacked and he will always be a better coach than Baz. The club owe Toovey an apology and need to see a picture of his face after the 1997 GF before they ever treat him so disrespectfully again.

It’s tough...I’m the biggest Toovey fan...he is the reason I follow Manly...he is my single most favourite personality in RL...but...

I don’t think he is a great coach. I think he was capable and I think the senior playing group were a big reason for his initial success and GF appearance in 2013. I think he is somewhat limited tactically speaking and his coaching is built more on toughness than smarts. I think Dessie’s coaching is built on both!

In saying that, he should never have been sacked and he will always be a better coach than Baz. The club owe Toovey an apology and need to see a picture of his face after the 1997 GF before they ever treat him so disrespectfully again.

Some fair points there Snake. Tooves is also my single favourite personality in rugby league.

It sounds like Tooves has ingredients for success but somebody like Des Hasler is the total package when it comes to coaching

Really well articulated re Tooves. Him and Wombat are my top two players ever for Manly but I always thought tooves was a bit limited in his coaching tactics wise.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6