Des press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Blocker is a very very overrated commentator, I kid you not
Roach was annoying- Manly made the first 2 line breaks and he was carrying on about Illawarra dominating....I realise it panned out that way but with a few if his comments during the game, Im confident he had money on Illawarra...
Not just Manly games, but often there is obvious bias with the commentary and I kind of laugh and think - "yeh you got some coin on this game"

Sorry to hear ure little fella was so upset mate. That's real sad. :-(
Thanks mate. Like all of us here he loves Manly and was excited for the new season. He’s just so dissapointed with what he’s seen Tge last three weeks. He put it well too saying even the try’s we’ve scored have been crap (except dce last night) I had a good chat with him after saying all the right messages, just a game etc. I think we are all upset, frustrated, angry, disappointed, sad. The emotions just get expressed differently by kids. He’ll be right though he’s playing footy tomorrow so got that to look forward to

I too wonder where all Hasler’s Fire & brimstone has gone.
It’s like he’s gotten into calming psychotherapy or been medicated for the players safety.

Serenity now! Serenity now!

What is that?

Des Hasler- Doctor gave me a relaxation cassette. When my blood pressure gets too high, the man on the tape tells me to yell, 'Serenity now!'

After watching his Manly side crash to a third consecutive loss at WIN Stadium on Friday night, defiant Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler declared: “We will dig our way out of this, you watch.”

edit: no shooting the messenger...lol...gulp

This type of post match interview does not help or protect the players, it entitles them to repeat this type of trash and have no accountability....imagine Bellamy after getting smashed by Illawarra- the spit would hit the fan @:mad:

After watching his Manly side crash to a third consecutive loss at WIN Stadium on Friday night, defiant Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler declared: “We will dig our way out of this, you watch.”

Fast forward three weeks and the headline will be, des and the Eagles inadvertently dig themselves a massive hole

Thanks mate. Like all of us here he loves Manly and was excited for the new season. He’s just so dissapointed with what he’s seen Tge last three weeks. He put it well too saying even the try’s we’ve scored have been crap (except dce last night) I had a good chat with him after saying all the right messages, just a game etc. I think we are all upset, frustrated, angry, disappointed, sad. The emotions just get expressed differently by kids. He’ll be right though he’s playing footy tomorrow so got that to look forward to

Waz, my son's introduction to Brookie was during the Northern Eagle days ... sad little bugger .. but he learnt the real lesson .. stick solid ... good times will return ..

Like other have said I was also thinking what has happened to Des. The old Des looked like he was about to have a stroke every match and showed some passion and the players also played with fire just like their coach but I can't see anything like that anymore.
From the outside he looks like one of those people who are just waiting to get sacked so they can receive a nice payout

Maybe Des isn't well. Can coaches be medically retired?
The trouble for us fans is that there seems to be no light at the end of this tunnel. Every week we're expecting to get smashed and we do. It's so disheartening.
If our form or selections haven't changed by round 10 Dessie should go. As for the club I'm absolutely sick of the social media posts publicising our losses. Don't bother. It's embarrassing.
It might be time for members to demand an open forum.
I'll never stop being a Sea Eagle but this is as bad as I've ever seen it, including Northing Eagles.

Des will be like that poor bugger on the excavator digging out the Suez ship.
point being, he needs some form of help.

Attachments

• 31ED19F3-C38F-418A-8753-4D0C9D036355.jpeg
    31ED19F3-C38F-418A-8753-4D0C9D036355.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 3
Wayne Bennett is 71 and has won seven premierships.
Craig Bellamy is 61 and has won four premierships.

Des is only 60 and has just the two.

It's not age. It seems to be an inability to move with the changes to the game as these two 2021 contenders have.
That and I really do believe he was completely psychologically fried by the Bulldogs experience.
He went to the Bulldogs, absolutely invincible. He had built a team from oblivion to 40 nil heroes and then rebuilt to another grand final victory.
He was courted, offered untold gambling wealth to build his dream mad professor world where premierships would flow like gold in a Disney fairytale.
And then he failed. Was hounded by fans and media and blasted into oblivion.
From which we attempted to resurrect his poor skeleton of a soul.
He's done and maybe there really is karma as Mrs ex Foz would say.

Last edited:
Under the return of Des:

Regular Season Win Percentage (not including the Bye, Trial or Finals games)
2019 - 58.33% [24 Regular Season Games played with 14 Wins]
2020 - 35% [20 Regular Season Games played with 7 Wins]
2021 - 0% [3 Regular Season Games played with 0 Wins]

2019 & 2020 Combined Regular Season Win Percentage (not including the Bye, Trial or Finals games)
47.72% [44 Regular Season Games played with 21 Wins]

2019 & 2020 Combined Regular Season (Plus 3 rounds into 2021) Win Percentage (not including the Bye, Trial or Finals games)
44.68% [47 Regular Season Games played with 21 Wins]

WTF is going on Des?

I used to be able to go into the week's game thinking that 'We can beat this opposition team but if we lose, we will at least put up a good fight and try to keep it close'. Nowadays it's 'Gee, I wonder how much we are going to lose by this week' and I absolutely hate thinking that way but at the moment, that's just the way it is and how it will stay until Des starts listening and starts using different tactics to suit the modern game, starts picking the right players and dropping the under-performing plodders.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8