Des' interview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
He's Gold, our coach. On MWSE website he calls on the NRL to use the $100,000 wisely, urging them to put protocols in place to handle players sin-binned, and highlights a problem in the Warriors V Steelers match on Sunday. He is telling the NRL that now they have an extra $100,000 it should go to controlling the sin binning of players at each match.

Absolutely right. He wants the NRL to tell us where the money will be going.

Maybe he's just sticking his nose into the Bennett's Machiavellian patch?

Bringing up events at Wollongong that is.

Disagree.Get over it and get on with it.Although I disagree totally with the severity of Glen and Blairs suspensions(which will be large)and the general hypocrisy on this matter we have some culpability in this matter and should just get on with football now.Actually thought Melbourne's response was far more professional which given my hatred for those clowns is a big admission

I have followed league now for 4o years and I may be corrected but as far as I know this will be the first time ever a player has been outed for an entire final series 2 years in a row and as a fan I am not entirely rapt with that despite my great respect for him as a player.

We are coming across as whingers in this and I am getting a whif of last years debacle once again.Why wheel out Kite as well?Why does not the CEO handle this.Des is s super coach but not the man to lead our reply on this-he needs to do what he does best and let the administrators handle this.

If this is not put to one side and focus put back on football it will be bang bang out and I doubt if the posts on this site will be quite as dismissive in 2 weeks time if that is the case.

So far Melbourne and Manly have accepted responsibility for their parts, and Gallop has accepted zero responsibility for what happened on Friday. Apparently doesn't even see a problem with referees not holding back Blair until Stewart was in the sheds. If he can't see how he could have done his job better, and the officials could have done their job better, then it's time for him to move on.

As suggested, the NRL, if they see this issue as serious, will use the money wisely rather than simply funnelling $50k back to the Storm via News Ltd.

Agree with your comment Susan re the CEO, while I like kite's comments, best for players and coach to keep mum this week and leave it to the head of the club to comment.

I'll back Des 100% in anything he does until such time that he gives me reason to believe he doesn't know what is best for the club.

I thought Kitey was good. It appeared to me he was focused on the Brisbane game. A siege mentality can be good. And Susan, if, and it's a stupid 'if we go out', then I'll stand proud of my team. We won't though. Go Manly.

this could be the backbone for the team!! How great would it be (even better than 2007) to lift the trophy and give Gallop a nod

Darren said:
this could be the backbone for the team!! How great would it be (even better than 2007) to lift the trophy and give Gallop a nod

You liked losing to the Storm in 07?

I think you will find that the events of GF 2007 had Des going home and spending all night trying to work out what went wrong. From that came the plan that led to that great day in 2008.

I read it as hopefully the events of last Friday have the same impact.

This team is committed to getting the job done both on and off the field. Watch and wonder. I love this lot!

Des is a football genius and articulated himself correctly, he taken the game to the next level. His comments have substance which address key issues and deflects pressure from his players. He clearly highlight deficiencies within the NRL management which need to be addressed.

Note, it is not the MWRLFC or Des adding to the siege mentality but more a ploy by the media that feeds off of this crap.

Joey said:
Wasn't able to listen to much of what he had to say as his hair was too loud.

just criminal that a 50 year old man can have more hair
than Chewbacca.:p

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7